The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^ that would actually be the worst decision that they can make. Rahane deserves a chance. He's been hanging around the Indian dressing room for a long time so obviously the squad believes in his talent. Just because he didn't fare well in the odis doesn't necessarily imply that he'll fail in tests.. His domestic record is way too prolific to be ignored. Even if he's primarily a middle order batsman, I don't think he'll find it too tough to adjust into the opening slot at DELHI of all places. If he does well then great and if he doesn't he will still be earmarked for batting at no 5 when Sachin retires( Kohli shifting to 4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

And although dhawan has been excellent in the match, it still remains to be seen how well he does on seaming pitches. That is why playing him and murali in the odis and champion's trophy is critical. Maybe also experiment with sending them for a county stint. That will REALLY show them what seaming pitches are

^ that would actually be the worst decision that they can make. Rahane deserves a chance

That is what I said. They will take Rahane ahead of Raina. Why will that be a worst decision? :O

^ that would actually be the worst decision that they can make. Rahane deserves a chance

That is what I said. They will take Rahane ahead of Raina. Why will that be a worst decision? :O

lol I read it wrong! My bad!

They should've brought in Jaffer to replace Shikar! Why bring in a player and make him a substitute fielder?

Would be a short sighted stop gap arrangement. Raina is definitely part of their plans moving forward.. So he was the obvious choice.

That if someone has interest in improving their game or get accustommed. If it was upto our players they would have carried pitches and curators all over the world.

Besides, why go there and perform poorly and dent chances when you can get selected just by sitting at home.

THIS http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIM/2013/03/20&PageLabel=27&EntityId=Ar02704&ViewMode=HTML Please show this to BCCI Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sure, brb, just going to drop some of this article to my homie srinivasan next door.

So did you??

Raina is just in as sub feilder i guess..
Playing him will be stupid.

Also if they had to pick a batsman it had be Raina , He got Man of the series against England..Scored runs in Domestic matches after that also..

Also Rahane dint make much use of the chances given to him..If he had then Rahane would have open the batting in the 1st game instead of Vijay..

But he should get a chance...I would also like to see Dinda bowl..
He's quick , if the pitch keeps low or something he can be a handy bowler..

Edited by silentassassin

Raina is just in as sub feilder i guess..

Playing him will be stupid.

Also if they had to pick a batsman it had be Raina , He got Man of the series against England..Scored runs in Domestic matches after that also..

Also Rahane dint make much use of the chances given to him..If he had then Rahane would have open the batting in the 1st game instead of Vijay..

But he should get a chance...I would also like to see Dinda bowl..

He's quick , if the pitch keeps low or something he can be a handy bowler..

Rahane was selected primarily as a middle order bat.. So it was natural that the seasoned opener got selected ahead of him.. In hindsight it was the right decision to make of course. I am only worried that god forbid if rahane fails as an opener in tests then he might have the Rohit Sharma tag put on him. Big potential but no performance to show. His rightful place is in the middle order and I hope he gets a good run at 4 or 5 eventually

Rahane was selected primarily as a middle order bat.. So it was natural that the seasoned opener got selected ahead of him.. In hindsight it was the right decision to make of course. I am only worried that god forbid if rahane fails as an opener in tests then he might have the Rohit Sharma tag put on him. Big potential but no performance to show. His rightful place is in the middle order and I hope he gets a good run at 4 or 5 eventually Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No...I'm speaking about pakistan and England ODI series..

He was picked as an opener and he did open the innings and fail..

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic