Xbox one Import duties,tax etc.

my friend is getting a xbox one from usa in march.should he like unpack and keep the console without the box to avoid customs tax. or should he just bring it with the seal unbroken as i heard that the new customs limit is 35k as the xbox one is $500(rs-32000). is this true about the 35k limit or should i unpack?

my friend is getting a xbox one from usa in march.should he like unpack and keep the console without the box to avoid customs tax. or should he just bring it with the seal unbroken as i heard that the new customs limit is 35k as the xbox one is $500(rs-32000). is this true about the 35k limit or should i unpack?

You don't need to unpack it because of the 35K limit. I got mine the same way.

• 4 months later...

Hey,

What if you are importing a xbox one from UK? The price there is 400 pounds thats approximately Rs. 40,000 to 41,000/-. If i were to unpack and get it, does that mean I dont have to pay customs for the xbox one? Can someone tell me how this works , I don't travel much

As far as I know the customs limit for UK is also 35,000/-

Well, what I'm also asking is, let say the console is unpacked, Would they still have any sort of suspicion to check? How about the power supply, does the one which i get from UK work well here or should the ebay power supply recommended?

Like I said I don't travel much so I don't really know how customs system works

The power supply will work fine. But does it make any sense to pay 41K to buy the console from UK.

Just ask your friend to take out the boxes, keep it inside luggage and walk out of the green chanel. The custom guys mostly look for cell phones and other sh*t. So u should be fine

So the Bangalore duty free has some really cheap Xbox ones for whatever reason.

Last sunday when we passed through, they had them available for 27 or 28k.

Its a brand new electronics shop thats just a week old. Good place to pick up an xbox one if someone is flying in to bangalore.

^ Any idea what region it is?

Unfortunately no idea which region it is.

We looked over the box, and couldnt find any indication as to what region it was.

Perhaps there was some sort of pricing error at the shop since it was just a week old.

The power supply will work fine. But does it make any sense to pay 41K to buy the console from UK.

Just ask your friend to take out the boxes, keep it inside luggage and walk out of the green chanel. The custom guys mostly look for cell phones and other sh*t. So u should be fine

It makes sense cause Im getting the Titan Fall edition with 12 months gold membership for 400 pounds. According to the posts I saw, Xbox one here would cost me 45k just for the console and kinect itself. How about warranty, would it still work out even though I bought the console from uk?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived