Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

Sources on the other side of the continent in Redmond when questioned, said, “Who the f*&$ told you that? I am going to f#*&ing rip someone’s head off”. We at SemiAccurate take this as confirmation that the initial sources were in the right ballpark.[/b]

LOL ... :rofl:

If 69XX GPU are used then it would be doomed from the start the 79XX is a deadly series from amd ati , for the nextbox & PS4 to last at least 5-7 years in this current stage of rapid h/w development it needs some secret technology which is not public yet at the time of the consoles launch

Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

The next Xbox will ship to retailers in late October or early November of next year with six times the processing power of the Xbox 360, sources close to the project have told IGN.

Following initial reports from tech blogs Fudzilla and SemiAccurate, our sources have confirmed that mass production of the system's GPU will indeed begin by the end of 2012 but will not, however, be based on AMD's 7000 series Southern Islands GPU. Instead, the processor will be derived from the 6000 series, which was introduced last year. More specifically, it will be akin to the Radeon HD 6670, which offers support for DirectX11, multidisplay output, 3D and 1080p HD output. The chip currently has a market price of upwards of $79.99.

In real terms, the Xbox 720's raw graphics processing power is expected to be six times that of the Xbox 360 and will yield 20-percent greater performance than Nintendo's forthcoming console, the Wii U.

Developers are likely to receive development kits based on the system's final configuration in August. Projected pricing for the console was not provided.

src:IGN

1 Dual layer Blu Ray=50 GB approx.

1 Dual layer DVD= 8 GB approx.

8x6=48 GB~50 GB approx.

Therefore, Xbox 720= 6*Current Gen.

Hence proved.

erm I think you did some troll maths.

Outcome would be: Xbox 720= 6*Current Gen/6 = Current Gen.

If it has a 6670 GPU then it's doomed to fail from the start , as some people here now rant how the PC is superior in graphics than the consoles coz the mighty PC gets updated h/w each year , well ATI's 6870 cars are not as powerful as ATI's 5870 cards hence ATI made the 6970 cards & now the 7970 Cards or some name which will be of PCI-E 3.0 , i wanna know why MS are opting for a Already dying technology rather that waiting for a more latest PCI-E 3 based monster to run it's system

as someone said the Console cards maybe different but they will not make much of a difference , in cases like PCI-E when a new version is launched then the starter gen cards are always under-performers but the ones that come mid gen & the last ones that end that series in the life of that particular PCI-E series are graphical monsters , my old 8800GT still packs a punch & it's now almost 4-years old

I Expect the same people rants that how the PC has awesome graphics compared to the X720 in the last 2-3 years of that consoles life cycle , MS is such a bummer & to think they already have flight simulators whose graphics are out of this world for the public at least

Archived