Super Street Fighter IV

Guest shoryuken_king

can we play?it says your friend list is completely full,can you please clear up some space for me? ;)

sure... will delete the last logged in guy... :fear:

Lax, ignore him, he's a button masher, but quick fingers though :P

chuppbe... :rofl: u still smarting from the last thrashing i gave u eh?? :lol:

Done! Criticism is still welcome though :)

reply to multiple posts in a single reply... :P rather than 2-3 consecutive replies.... nahi toh ppl will be on ur case... that u r trying to increase post count ;)

online kab aa raha hain?? HR/GOW3 u getting or not... :fear:

sure... will delete the last logged in guy... :lol:

chuppbe... :thumbsup: u still smarting from the last thrashing i gave u eh?? :lol:

reply to multiple posts in a single reply... :cheers: rather than 2-3 consecutive replies.... nahi toh ppl will be on ur case... that u r trying to increase post count ;)

online kab aa raha hain?? HR/GOW3 u getting or not... :lol:

not getting anything now, HR in single player only so will pickup late, GOW 3 yup, and right now saving for the arcade stick + SSFIV

and as I told you on FB, 360 is here now so we can't play online, come along to my place someday, we will play there and you can feel the 360 controller for the first time :D

Looks like its become a SF4 fight/skill comparison thread rather than a SSF4 thread :P

I am eagerly awaiting for the game....this is the first time a SF4 game would have a world wide release. Earlier the titles were released in Japan forst then rest of the world:)

Guys, anyone here plannin on getting the MAD CATZ SSF4 TE stick? it looks better than the Round 2 TE sticks....

Anyone?

Looks like its become a SF4 fight/skill comparison thread rather than a SSF4 thread :threatenlumber:

I am eagerly awaiting for the game....this is the first time a SF4 game would have a world wide release. Earlier the titles were released in Japan forst then rest of the world:)

Guys, anyone here plannin on getting the MAD CATZ SSF4 TE stick? it looks better than the Round 2 TE sticks....

Anyone?

the exact question I was going to ask here today, do you have any idea as in where can we get it in India ?

I fear the answer is that we cannot :threatenlumber:

the exact question I was going to ask here today, do you have any idea as in where can we get it in India ?

I fear the answer is that we cannot :wOOtjumpy:

this is the part where i usually say that a stick is not necessary to get better at this game.i mean,sf4 is not really execution heavy and combos are a base hurdle that you'll cross eventually with time no matter what type of controller you use.its the zoning/spacing /footsies that seperates the bad from the absolute best.i mean,i can do every single akuma combo there possibly is ,but i know for a fact that my akuma is not even close to being called average

at best.buying a stick is not going to make me overcome this problem either.hope i made sense.

this is the part where i usually say that a stick is not necessary to get better at this game.i mean,sf4 is not really execution heavy and combos are a base hurdle that you'll cross eventually with time no matter what type of controller you use.its the zoning/spacing /footsies that seperates the bad from the absolute best.i mean,i can do every single akuma combo there possibly is ,but i know for a fact that my akuma is not even close to being called average

at best.buying a stick is not going to make me overcome this problem either.hope i made sense.

you make sense Lax, but and there is a BUT, there are things t hat get absolutely cake walk when you have a stick

consider this, I tried a different strategy yesterday, I placed the controller on my lap and held the left analogue on my 360 controller yesterday like a stick and tried loads of stuff, and things improved dramatically, there were stuff from Guile and M Bison that were difficult to do earlier but i could pull off them so easily. Maybe it is only personal imperfection I have, but for me it worked like nothing else ever had.

I will give the others a look today, but the charge characters worked like hell :bigyellowgrin:

like lax said .... SF4 isn't about combos but more about spacing and zoning.....and believe me even after you get a stick its gonna take some time to get used to it....

but IMO charge characters are easier on stick when compared to X360's horrid d-pad .... ps3 and saturn d-pad is ok

heres a perfect example ...

as you can see the Rose player beat Daigo purely by spacing and zoning and neither of them used difficult combos and whatnot...and i think the rose player is on a pad.

Its mpre about spacing....but when u get the oppurtunity u need to capitalize on it by getting the max:) that's where the combos and FADC's come into pic....

Its not necessary to get a Stick...u can also get a fight pad (for starters) with 6 buttons on the pad....

Also, if u have the stick with good response u can always create great mixups which can be used to keep the opponent guessing on ur next move:)

Sticks are always better on doing the 360 movements. Hell...I am having diffuculty doing FADC in my xb0x 360 controller:(..

Finally I have mapped a dedicated key only for focus attack and done away with HP, HK foreever:(...

BTW: I am plannin on getting the SSF4 TE Stick by next month...

We can order thru ebay global, or thru someone who can import the stuff to India...I got a quote for 9k when the round 2 was around 130$

like lax said .... SF4 isn't about combos but more about spacing and zoning.....and believe me even after you get a stick its gonna take some time to get used to it....

but IMO charge characters are easier on stick when compared to X360's horrid d-pad .... ps3 and saturn d-pad is ok

I think a lot of people here are interested in buying Arcade Sticks....I wonder if its possible for one of the IVG vendors to get stock of the new SSF4 Sticks....i'll probably buy another one for 360 if the price is good

Its mpre about spacing....but when u get the oppurtunity u need to capitalize on it by getting the max:) that's where the combos and FADC's come into pic....

Its not necessary to get a Stick...u can also get a fight pad (for starters) with 6 buttons on the pad....

Also, if u have the stick with good response u can always create great mixups which can be used to keep the opponent guessing on ur next move:)

Sticks are always better on doing the 360 movements. Hell...I am having diffuculty doing FADC in my xb0x 360 controller:(..

Finally I have mapped a dedicated key only for focus attack and done away with HP, HK foreever:(...

We can order thru ebay global, or thru someone who can import the stuff to India...I got a quote for 9k when the round 2 was around 130$

Surely it is more about spacing and I would say timing comes second, but all of it is a waste if you cannot do WHAT is to be done even if you do know WHEN and WHERE to do it. There are times when i know the trick but it is incredibly difficult to pull it off :rofl: . Spacing and timing is what will separate the best from the rest but only if the correct combo can be executed.

again please note that i never said you dont need to learn combos or fadcs.im just trying to say that the combos in this game are so friggin easy that you'd start to do them consistently in like a couple of months wether you use a stick or pad(but choosing either over the other isnt going to make it comparatively easier).i know a lot of people who play on an amazing level by using 360 pads.so in you're case i'd say that you have made up your mind that the 360 controller is impossible to play on.give it a fair chance and i promise you that you'll be 100% executionwise in just a couple of months.use the

standard button mapping.

I was unable to execute the Ultras with the standard mappings :rofl:

So I changed the mappings and have the below:

X: LP

A: LK

Y: LP+MP+HP

B: LK+MK+HK

RB: Focus Attack

RT: MK

LB: MP (rarely used)

LT: HK (rarely used)

This works well only with RYU, Sagat, Ken, Dan, Sakura but has drawbacks on other characters (due to HP not being present)

DO u play on the xbox 360 controller? And how long have u been practicing? and what do u use for ultra the 3 keys or a single EX (hp+mp+lp) button

.i know a lot of people who play on an amazing level by using 360 pads.so in you're case i'd say that you have made up your mind that the 360 controller is impossible to play on.give it a fair chance and i promise you that you'll be 100% executionwise in just a couple of months.use the

standard button mapping.

again please note that i never said you dont need to learn combos or fadcs.im just trying to say that the combos in this game are so friggin easy that you'd start to do them consistently in like a couple of months wether you use a stick or pad(but choosing either over the other isnt going to make it comparatively easier).i know a lot of people who play on an amazing level by using 360 pads.so in you're case i'd say that you have made up your mind that the 360 controller is impossible to play on.give it a fair chance and i promise you that you'll be 100% executionwise in just a couple of months.use the

standard button mapping.

I love the part where you say "use the standard button mapping", it really makes the difference, once we customize the mappings (like I used to) things get pretty nasty

I was unable to execute the Ultras with the standard mappings :rofl:

So I changed the mappings and have the below:

X: LP

A: LK

Y: LP+MP+HP

B: LK+MK+HK

RB: Focus Attack

RT: MK

LB: MP (rarely used)

LT: HK (rarely used)

This works well only with RYU, Sagat, Ken, Dan, Sakura but has drawbacks on other characters (due to HP not being present)

DO u play on the xbox 360 controller? And how long have u been practicing? and what do u use for ultra the 3 keys or a single EX (hp+mp+lp) button

I can't believe you have not mapped HP :lol:

wait a minute I still cant believe it :lol:

do you rally not need the heavy Shoryukens and hadoukens, or Sagat's long tiger knee, or his roudhouse (or whatever) kick, or Ryu,s FA to double heavy punch into heavy shoryuken

in fact f**k that all, how do you perform Akuma's ultra/super, how ??? :rofl:

dude you have got me insane :ack:

Err... I don't use the Akuma super and Ultra :blush: ....

And I mamange everything with L.SRK...don't use the H.SRK (only use it when I don't have a super meter)...Same for H.Hadokens...only use it when I have no super meter... (My weakness revealed :fear: )

I do the FA+ double heavey attack(Solar plexis) into a EX shoruken and get a 6 hit compared to the 4 hit with H.Shoruken in this combo...

Like I said This is what wrks for me...... But I need to improve a lot

U have still not answered how u pull out the ultra?

I can't believe you have not mapped HP :doh:

wait a minute I still cant believe it :bash:

do you rally not need the heavy Shoryukens and hadoukens, or Sagat's long tiger knee, or his roudhouse (or whatever) kick, or Ryu,s FA to double heavy punch into heavy shoryuken

in fact f**k that all, how do you perform Akuma's ultra/super, how ??? :surprise:

dude you have got me insane :ko:

Err... I don't use the Akuma super and Ultra :surprise: ....

And I mamange everything with L.SRK...don't use the H.SRK (only use it when I don't have a super meter)...Same for H.Hadokens...only use it when I have no super meter... (My weakness revealed :blush: )

I do the FA+ double heavey attack(Solar plexis) into a EX shoruken and get a 6 hit compared to the 4 hit with H.Shoruken in this combo...

Like I said This is what wrks for me...... But I need to improve a lot

U have still not answered how u pull out the ultra?

well Lax usually plays Akuma, so he does not need the 3 buttons in to one or anything like that for the Ultra, he's good with other Ryu as well so mind that :doh:

and the three button mapped to one are mapped only so that you can use it :P in case you did not notice the arcade sticks have the same configuration (a far more useful layout though) :fear:

use it and please do map the hp, i do not think the mp is so much use as it does not link to as much as HP.

last time how do you do the Ryu FADC to Ultra if you have not mapped HP :bash:

sorry could'nt resist mate :ko:

Archived