Connecting to the internet

collectedsoul

Anyone here connect online via a wired connection? How did you go about it - is it necessary to have the wii lan adapter?

i had a BSNL connection........

the modem had lan out...i took a lan cable one end into ps3 other end into modem.......and all was fine..........

i had a BSNL connection........

the modem had lan out...i took a lan cable one end into ps3 other end into modem.......and all was fine..........

err...my qs was abt the wii not the ps3.

thanks to emo-iwata...looks like I'll have to go get that thing then. Where here is it available for cheap? Also, if I get that am I good to go - just plug it in and connect or do I need anything else like changing settings or getting wii points or whatever?

thanks to emo-iwata...looks like I'll have to go get that thing then. Where here is it available for cheap? Also, if I get that am I good to go - just plug it in and connect or do I need anything else like changing settings or getting wii points or whatever?

choree......dint read it........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. not possible to connect wired without the lan adapter....

2. Lan adapter is a f'ckin waste of money...

3.get ur self a wireless router instead..It'll perform other jobs also...

4. If ur on bsnl then get a modem type 2.... (HUAWEI WA1003A recommended)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my lan adapter and plugged it in to my Hathway connection (I'm in Mumbai btw) and it failed. Called up Hathway and asked them to change the binding for my modem from my laptop to the wii and after that wallah! BUT, problem now is connecting the modem to the wii means the binding to my laptop is lost and I have to ask hathway to put it back to my pc every time I switch back from the wii to the laptop and vice-versa.

Anyone here who has a working wired connection for their wii that is also shared by their pc please let me know how it works for you.

Archived