Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

No, not another push back. -_-

Elysium is getting severely polar views. Mostly on the content. Right wing sympathizers are accusing the movie of spreading a liberal propaganda. :lol::doh: what propaganda ?? It is all quite real (the themes).

I am not reading or viewing any reviews. The wait is getting more and more irritating.

And if it is eliciting responses like that, well, Neill Blomkamp has cemented his position.

Edited by ALPHA17

havent read any reviews meself but a casual glance at topic headings at imdb and gamefaqs is enough to sign towards that.

Yes I read an interview on The Telegraph just now, comment section was full of the most coherent thoughts on human relations and how liberal = communist.

And here I was always thinking it was the other way around. :mellow:

Blood diamond, Aviator, Departed, body of lies, Shutter island, catch me if you can, revolutionary road. And you had to wait till gatsby to realise that he is the awesomeness

Any talk of Di Caprio should start with a movie called "Basketball Diaries"

One of his earliest roles, and really really brilliant. If you guys haven't seen this, do so.

Empire State (has Rock..Pain and Gain was okay-ish).

Now You See Me

yay or nay?

Also looking for 'good' comedy movies.

(anything after year 2000)

Thanks!

Now you see me, has decent reviews, should be a good watch.

Some comedies I watched recently,

--The Royal Tenenbaums

--Bad Santa

--O Brother Where art thou

--Sideways

Hence the name Kickass B)

guys, do tell about censor. I prefer waiting for a proper version than watching butchered version on theater. its releasing this week right?

I guess there is no nudity in the movie. And violence, while quite heavy is not more than your average war movie. so it all depends on censor's idea on swearing.

I've heard that thousands of time here. For every movie based on a book, I get to hear the same thing. From HP to Wanted.

*assuming it is for the post above mine*

True dat. Cats should understand that a book is a book and a movie is.. well.. a movie. There are constraints which one has to live with, in order to see the story being presented in live action. Unless the movie does a total butchering of the story, one should get over the fact that movies are not 1:1 representation of the literal word.