Gaming PCs

AtheK

Also,How to get "GeForce GTX" Logo on the side of the card?

Depends on the card model you get and whether the third-party manufacturer of the card has gone for the stock cooler and shroud look or has put a custom cooler / shroud in its place along with a redesigned livery.

8-9k

basically i want something which has atleast 1 LED(red or blue) fan on the front,and a side panel

Following,

• Corsair Graphite 600T
  • NZXT Phantom
  • Cooler Master STORM Scout N2
  • Cooler Master STORM Sniper
  • Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC Edition (add fans of your choice)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

What do you want to know?

Hmmm... is this going to be like Zodak's PM to me?

:chair:

Abey bhul Gaya ..I contacted you few months back but you asked me hold on to it.

So it was in that ref. is it time for a new rig purchase :ack:

-- budget 50k --

Will be using a TV

Need a BF4/CODG/Division ready PC in full glory :wOOtjumpy:

Atleast 2-3yrs lifetime needed before a single upgrade if possible

Edited by kunallkw

Abey bhul Gaya ..I contacted you few months back but you asked me hold on to it.

So it was in that ref. is it time for a new purchase :ack:

Yes you can go for a new build now. I have cleared most of my old messages so slipped my mind.

Budget and what all do you already have?

Sent from my ST27i now Free

Edited by ALPHA17

Hey alpha,

Planning on getting the new Noctua NH-U14S. Have read around it may block the first pcie slot. My motherboard is msi z68a g45. Tried to get answers on my own.. needed second opinion.

Putting the gpu on the bottom slot will still have it operate at x16 speeds right? Will be upgrading GPU too to 280x some time next year. Currently I have 560Ti.

^^ I don't see the cooler hanging above the first PCIe x16.0 slot, it might obstruct the PCIe x1.0 slot but that is also not a 100%. Depending on your set-up you can reorient the cooler in a North-South or East-West orientation.

If you have tall RAM modules then you can compensate by placing the fan a little higher on the fins.

I've been out of touch with gaming for last few years due to busy life. Now slowly creeping back and thinking about creating a dedicated gaming rig. Should i abandon my dell inspiron 15 R special edition? It has i7, 8gb ram, AMD 7730m GPU. I already have a PS 3 320 gb too.

So should i sell this and create a desktop PC. or Buy PS4 after selling PS3 or something else you can suggest?

And if i decide to sell either lappy or PS3. How much should i expect?

And if i decide to sell either lappy or PS3. How much should i expect?

About your current laptop, the GPU is not up-to scratch, rest components seem fine. Expect to play most titles on a mix of LOW <-->MEDIUM settings dependent on the screen resolution and engine.

How old is the laptop, within warranty or without? What price did you purchase it for?

PC will definitely be the best for now, if you are not interested in the PS 4 launch title exclusive race.

Also, what will your budget be at the end of the day for a PC, whether you sell all your current equipment or no. Do you have anything that can be re-purposed or salvaged to be used with the new RIG?

Will Intel pentium G2020 + HD 7750 1GB DDR5 Handle BF4 at medium on 720p monitor.

Should run fine although the processor will be a major bottle-neck in multi-player. At-least a Core i3 / FX-4300 is recommended.

I bought it for 67K last year in July with 3 year accidental damage warranty. Its working perfectly at the moment and a few games i casually played over last year played nice. Recently it performed admirably on Blacklist when i hooked it to a 24 inch screen and played on high settings. So i guess the games which are optimized nicely seem to play well with my lappy. I'm thinking of buying a desktop because soon this lappy gonna be outdated and i just cannot replace the components like i can in a gaming pc. So its better to sell it of now when i can get a little better price.

On the other hand, I'm not so sure of selling PS3. Because i have not finished all the exclusives of ps3 yet and I think PS4 (like any new console) will have problems in first few months of launch. So I'll rather stick to the PS3 for now. My budget would be somewhere around 50 to 60K. I may even think of stretching it a little further if its worth it. I've a 3D monitor, logitech G15 Keyboard (damn that thing is sturdy, 4 years on and it is still going strong), razer electra headphones, razer abyssus mouse and vespula mouspad. So that takes care of the external components. So i just need to spend on the mobo, proccy, gpu, psu, ram, cooler, cabinet, hdd :preferably a combo of one ssd and one normal.

^^ At tops you can expect a sale at around 3/5th of its invoice price.

I would urge you to hold out a little longer before purchasing the PC, best done either on Diwali or in December. Assuming that you won't be over-clocking following is what I suggest,

Intel Core i5 4670

GIGABYTE B85-D3H

Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz / 1866MHz

MSi GTX760 2GB OC OC Edition or wait till AMD R9-280X shows up in the market

Corsair Carbide 400R or Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC edition (add fans per your choice)

Seasonic S12II 520W or Seasonic M12II 650W

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

I'll hold out. I'm doing research for now. Gonna build it either in December or early January. And I'll prefer AMD GPU cuz they generally have more overclocking potential and My 3D monitor is passive. So it wont play nice with nvidia.

I'll hold out. I'm doing research for now. Gonna build it either in December or early January. And I'll prefer AMD GPU cuz they generally have more overclocking potential and My 3D monitor is passive. So it wont play nice with nvidia.

That is fine, don't delay too much because the value of the laptop shall only depreciates.

• Like 1