The Windows Thread

MarketTantrik

That was just a prototype made by Asus. There will be many models available at launch with and without a QWERTY keyboard. Because it's going to be touchscreen, I highly doubted if a version of the phone will ever come out with a keypad.

qwerty keyboard models might be very less.. Infact, WM7 chassis 1 specs remove the support for most hard keys...

qwerty keyboard models might be very less.. Infact, WM7 chassis 1 specs remove the support for most hard keys...

as long as HTC brings out Touch Pro 3 with a decent QWERTY, I'll be very happy camper. If not, still going to buy it :doh:

I don't know how much you are allowed to reveal, but is it true that there are multiple version of the Win Mob 7 OS? Professional and media edition?

I can see that idiot achilles is back. If you don't have anything to do but troll on the MS threads stay out. Consider this an official warning.

excuse me, since when is stating an opinion trolling? infact, u, sir have included a personal insult in your post.

i feel the interface is clunky, hagged and feels last gen. with the simplistic look that they were going for they could have atleast kept it clean. which they didn't. there.. reason enough now to 'troll'?

The Samsung Wave phone has already been revealed

Its nothing new, fresh or exciting :P

Super Amoled :chair:

Engadget apparently got some hands on with this model at MWC and they reckon it was super smooth scrolling and the UI was pretty and nice. The hardware specs are really good as well but like everyone else I am also skeptical about the app support. It's a great OS from the reviews but how many devs excluding samsung engg would want to make apps for it was/is the question.

@MT - take a look at this Win Mob 7 video..

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsph...w-and-tell.aspx

The Xbox tab in WinMo7 will be a replication of the My Xbox blade on your Xbox360. You will see full 3D animated avatars of you and your buddies and you can even edit your avatar on the phone. There will be a mix of Live enabled and non enabled games.

The presenter also alluded to some revelation at another show later in the year about the possibility of playing XBLM games on your Xbox360 and continuing the game on your phone :chair:

The unit in the demo video definitely has some screen sensitivity issues. A lot of times when the presenter was trying to scroll, it would register a tap and open the underlying tab :P

Archived