Gaming PCs

AtheK

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a crazy rig here with 1600p monitor, 4way gtx 580 SLI, Everything liquid cooled with one of those fancy glow in the dark liquid cooling system(i dont know if you can even get that in India) :bigyellowgrin: ?

nuclear-explosion.jpg

A rig like that would take up a helluva lot of power, and imagine finding a UPS that can let something like that run for more than a minute or two.

Does anyone have a crazy rig here with 1600p monitor, 4way gtx 580 SLI, Everything liquid cooled with one of those fancy glow in the dark liquid cooling system(i dont know if you can even get that in India) :bigyellowgrin: ?

best is 3 way Sli...driver support for 4 way 580 is weak...or say it doesn't even favor 4 way...but yeah, 3 way Sli 580 + 1600p monitor = FAP FAP FAP

Is there a huge difference in picture quallity between a 1080p and 1600p monitor. Isnt the picture quality dependent on the pixel pitch? i.e a 1080p at 22inches will look the same as 1600p at 30 inches if they have the same pixel pitch. Now i know a 1080p at 30inch will look much inferior to a 1600p at 30 inches.

Objective Crysis 2 :gunsmilie:

so here's my crappy pc specs :

proccy : AMD 64X2 2.1ghz

mobo: http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherboard_view.asp?productid=309&proname=M26GT3-SVP

psu : 450watts (local brand)

ram : 3gb ddr2

hdd: 1tb sata + 60gb pata

and a dvd combo drive on sata.

now the thing is i need a better gpu than the current 8400 :fear: ... i have two deals 9600 gt 512 and ati 4850 512 but i'm not sure which one (plus psu upgrade) , budget is the problem max 4k, both cards fall under it , not sure about the PSU to go local or branded ?

^ As I said on pm , get Cooler Master or Corsair , VX series of Corsair is cheap. 450W of Corsair is better than 500W of other brands.

4850>9600GT. As for Zebronics, it's meh. Go with what Joy suggested.

how much power do i need for 4850 ? it says 450 watts min on the official spec page , 500w enough including gpu and other components ?

and for how much can i get a second hand 500w coolermaster / corsair ? new ones i see are for 3k

Yeah 500W is good. Don't suggest going second hand. It's an effin' PSU ffs. Also, if you're skimping so much just play it on the X360/PS3.

:nono:

either it's pc or nothing ... first hand PSU it is , perhaps i can re-use it if i upgrade in future :P

why 600watts :ko:

i have these two options : http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=9189 and http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-cmpsu450vx-450w-atx12v-plus-certified-smps-p-85.html

FSP i read is not that bad ? but corsair is globally the best , hence the heavy cost . is FSP worth going for ?