Gaming PCs

AtheK

^ Only DVI or DisplayPort is your option.

Guru Alpha ji,Which version of R9 290X is better,Sapphire Tri-X or Asus CU II TOP?

Also how much do you estimate the Tri-X will be available here for?

I would say the ASUS Direct CU II TOP is more appealing to me and it should run quieter as well.

~48000/- -->55000/- is what the custom versions of the R9-290X should retail for ideally on street.

• Like 1

:helpsmilie:

I doubt that M.D. Computers does free shipping on their sales, so better clarify this aspect before a purchase.

For the R9-270X of choice, I would suggest you look at the MSi Gaming OC Edition cards equipped with the Twin Frozr IV class cooler. They are retailing ~17500/- @SMC International, Nehru Place. I purchased the GTX760 flavour of the same card and I can vouch that it is one of the best out there.

I doubt that M.D. Computers does free shipping on their sales, so better clarify this aspect before a purchase.

For the R9-270X of choice, I would suggest you look at the MSi Gaming OC Edition cards equipped with the Twin Frozr IV class cooler. They are retailing ~17500/- @SMC International, Nehru Place. I purchased the GTX760 flavour of the same card and I can vouch that it is one of the best out there.

I am aware that they charge some amount on shipping as well.

@MSI R9 270X. How does it perform when OCed? Is there a major performance difference between the MSI and the Sapphire card as I have heard good things about the sapphire dual-x card.

@Joe and Zodak I heard that even though ASUS runs incredibly cool and quite, the performance lacks when compared to Sapphire and HIS. Is that so?

EDIT: I am planning to rule out Sapphire and HIS. Now I'm only left with ASUS and MSI.

Edited by Rohan Seth

I was planning to visit them for the purchase as I am aware that they charge some amount on shipping as well.

Do you plan to purchase in Delhi or Kolkata?

@MSI R9 270X. How does it perform when OCed? Is there a major performance difference between the MSI and the Sapphire card as I have heard good things about the sapphire dual-x card.

@Joe and Zodak I heard that even though ASUS runs incredibly cool and quite, the performance lacks when compared to Sapphire and HIS. Is that so?

The MSi Twin Frozr cooler based Gaming OC Edition card is a completely custom version of the R9-270X, it has a larger PCB so runs cooler than the Sapphire Dual-X card which is based on the standard PCB provided by AMD. Also the cooler on the MSi card is awesome, by far the most silent and coolest runner in my experience.

If you over-clock it is very dependent on your luck how much the GPU can be pushed but all in all performance will be equal with the other ambient parameters determining your final stand.

In my opinion MSi = ASUS > Sapphire in your current condition.

Do you plan to purchase in Delhi or Kolkata?

Yea sorry I got confused between 2 websites which I've been looking at and thought MD was in Nehru place. :P

But anyways, thanks a lot for the help, I'm planning to go to SMC International next month. If MSi card is cheaper I'll go for that one, if Asus is cheaper then Asus it is. :P

Do you purchase from their frequently? Will I get some discount if I put up your name as reference? :D

I also checked out their website and the CPU (FX-6300) seems a bit cheaper over there so I might buy that from there aswell, along with the RAM and the R9.

Edited by Rohan Seth

But anyways, thanks a lot for the help, I'm planning to go to SMC International next month. If MSi card is cheaper I'll go for that one, if Asus is cheaper then Asus it is.

Let me know when you go, I will give you a number and if possible will accompany you as well.

DVI-D should do fine. In-fact I would prefer to use DVI over HDMI because it supports a higher resolution.

VGA is out of the running, too old. And image quality improves if you use any of the newer standards.

Rest of the PC looks okay.

+1

Let me know when you go, I will give you a number and if possible will accompany you as well.

I'll be visiting them on 3rd sometime after 2pm I guess (just to check on the prices. I'll visit them again in mid-January with my dad for the purchase). I'll PM you my number and you can forward me that number and let me know if you would be joining aswell.

Also, I checked out this review and comparison,

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/5003/five-amd-radeon-r9-270x-tested-asus-msi-sapphire-and-xfx

Looks like the MSi beats the ASUS by a small margin. Let's just hope it's cheaper aswell. :P

I'll be visiting them on 3rd sometime after 2pm I guess (just to check on the prices. I'll visit them again in mid-January with my dad for the purchase). I'll PM you my number and you can forward me that number and let me know if you would be joining aswell.

Also, I checked out this review and comparison,

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/5003/five-amd-radeon-r9-270x-tested-asus-msi-sapphire-and-xfx

Looks like the MSi beats the ASUS by a small margin. Let's just hope it's cheaper aswell. :P

Ruhan, go with dad? :| School going kid? :unsure:

Following,

Intel Core i5 4670

GIGABYTE B85M-D3H

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 / Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB (add more storage later as per needs)

HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive

G.Skill RIPJAWS / Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1866MHz RAM

MSi Gaming OC Edition / Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9-280X / R9-290

Seasonic M12II 650W

Corsair Carbide 400R

APC BR-800VA

(audio peripheral as per your choice)

I hope you are not going to be over-clocking because if you are looking towards that as well, few components might need to be swapped.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17

So, this is my final built. Please let me know if any changes are required or if there is anything that I'm missing out. It's a budget 45k low-middle level gaming pc.

1) Cabinet: Antec X1 - Rs. 2,489
2) Motherboard: MSI 970A - Rs. 5,499
3) CPU: AMD FX 6300 - Rs. 7,699/7,450
4) GPU: MSI/ASUS R9 270X - Rs. 15,000-18,000
5) PSU: Corsair VS550 550 Watt - Rs. 3,450
6) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB - Rs. 4,900
7) HDD: WD BLUE 1TB - ~Rs. 4,100
8) PEST: Cooler Master - ~Rs. 200 ( Won't be buying a cpu cooler for a month so this will have to do till then :P )
9) Mouse: HP KY619AA - Rs. 369
10) Keyboard: Dell 104 - Rs. 445
TOTAL COST: ~ Rs. 45,550.
I'll use my old DVD Reader as I'm a little tight on budget.
The only problem right now is the graphics card. I can't find a good deal anywhere. Will be visiting Nehru Place, hope to find a good deal there.