TheDribbler

FIFA 12

Developer: EA Canada

Publisher: EA

Release Date: Sep/Oct 2011

Genre: Sports

fifa12.jpg

First Details:

In the latest issue of the UK Official Playstation Magazine Dave Rutter has revealed some of the improvements we may be able to expect in FIFA12. According to the man himself EA have an "enormous shopping list" of improvements which they want to bring to the next game, including…

• Improved Team AI
  • Improved Free Kicks
  • Quick Throw-ins
  • Improved soul and passion.

FIFA 11 has only been out for a few months, yet the man charged with producing the game, Mr David Rutter, has already started talking about how his team are looking to improve certain elements of gameplay in FIFA 12.He states that EA has an "enormous shopping list" of improvements that they want to bring to the table with FIFA 12. Rutter mentions specific improvements such realistic AI behaviour, better set pieces and, interestingly enough, "soul".

In regards to realistic AI behaviour Rutter states, "I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature in FIFA 11, but the the teams AI doesn't support that quite as much as it should. As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch is in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head".

When talking about the set pieces he quite honestly says, "Set-pieces are still a bit lame. I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts before those things".

Finally, Rutter talks about "soul" and how he wants FIFA 12 to realistically capture moments where you "take one player to his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him". He wants players to think, "Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it".

Source

:thumbsup:

I would like to see more realistic Manager Mode, and also advancing dates in Career Mode , must be faster.

Also World XI, Classic XI must be more real and authentic.

And Biggest improvement i want see is in the SERVERS OF EA . Hate the disconnections and all. :rant:

Finally, Rutter talks about "soul" and how he wants FIFA 12 to realistically capture moments where you "take one player to his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him". He wants players to think, "Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it".

wow. that will be a great feature. i have faith in ea to pull it off. One step more towards realism. now if ea fix those servers of theirs; i will deem fifa 12 to be a good improvement.

screw naysayers FIFA is a great franchise, the fan base and the numbers it pulls is alone the indication of its awesome.

<3 ea sports.

OMG!!! This is going to be the best game ever :O

Bring back Sam lol. But it does look quite promising although after playing F11 I was left wondering why they went the way they did. Oh well this year they'll focus on team mechanics which is what I like anyways more than individual talent and skill

Every FIFA looks promising, just like every Need for Speed, except FIFA is good enough to satisfy most people, NFS couldn't satisfy anyone (until HP).

Honestly, I think they need to bring the fun back into it. Balance fun and realism. FIFA 09 still remains the benchmark for football games this gen IMO. It had a near perfect mix of fun and realism. The last two games increased the realism, but not the fun factor.

Every FIFA looks promising, just like every Need for Speed, except FIFA is good enough to satisfy most people, NFS couldn't satisfy anyone (until HP).

Honestly, I think they need to bring the fun back into it. Balance fun and realism. FIFA 09 still remains the benchmark for football games this gen IMO. It had a near perfect mix of fun and realism. The last two games increased the realism, but not the fun factor.

+1.

Archived