Games and stuff from USA

I will be visiting US for the first time on an official trip; will be there for around 4 weeks.

Wanted to know what is the limit on the amount of games/gifts/watches etc. which I can bring along with me without paying customs.

Apart from the bills of the items bought; do I need to keep anything else handy?

I would like to retain the entire packing of any games I buy; planning to break the seal though before getting them here.

Also, I dont think there is any benefit in getting a PS4/ Vita from there a.t.m. as the price difference isnt much after state taxes are imposed; would want your opinion on the same.

The questions might evolve as we discuss things here :)

Thanks in advance.

I think you can carry new items worth INR 35000 per person without attracting customs (I heard this limit is increased to INR 45000 per person, but cannot confirm, so check to see if this is true before purchasing). So if multiple people are going, your limit increases by that amount. Keeping games with their packaging is no problem.

Regarding consoles, if the price difference is not significant, get it from India, just for the warranty. But PS4 from the USA will play Region A blu ray videos while PS4 from India will play Region C Blu ray videos, so keep that in mind. No region restrictions on games, but any DLC you buy has to be of the same region as the base game (If base game is from US DLC has to be from US PSN etc.)

Hope it helps :) .

I think you can carry new items worth INR 35000 per person without attracting customs (I heard this limit is increased to INR 45000 per person, but cannot confirm, so check to see if this is true before purchasing). So if multiple people are going, your limit increases by that amount. Keeping games with their packaging is no problem.

Regarding consoles, if the price difference is not significant, get it from India, just for the warranty. But PS4 from the USA will play Region A blu ray videos while PS4 from India will play Region C Blu ray videos, so keep that in mind. No region restrictions on games, but any DLC you buy has to be of the same region as the base game (If base game is from US DLC has to be from US PSN etc.)

Hope it helps :) .

Thanks; already have PAL PS3 and XB1 so playing blurays should not be an issue; plus I am a :zodka: when it comes to movies :D, so hardly matters.

Not a fan of DLCs as well, so dont think that will matter much; it all boils down to the price difference as of now i think.

Planning to get lots of collectible games for various consoles; lets see :fear1:

best is to start ordering online right now itself, by finding good bargains. Then collect it from colleague when ur there and come back.

Limit is 45k now.

I will be visiting US for the first time on an official trip; will be there for around 4 weeks.

Wanted to know what is the limit on the amount of games/gifts/watches etc. which I can bring along with me without paying customs.

Apart from the bills of the items bought; do I need to keep anything else handy?

I would like to retain the entire packing of any games I buy; planning to break the seal though before getting them here.

Also, I dont think there is any benefit in getting a PS4/ Vita from there a.t.m. as the price difference isnt much after state taxes are imposed; would want your opinion on the same.

The questions might evolve as we discuss things here :)

Thanks in advance.

Ps4/ VITA? [emoji14]

Sent from my OnePlus One

best is to start ordering online right now itself, by finding good bargains. Then collect it from colleague when ur there and come back.

Limit is 45k now.

I know only Gamestop, Ebay and Amazon; this being my first visit need to explore :) .

Any other avenues or online sites to order from?

Kindly recommend :)

Do share your US Gaming purchase experience with us k!! All the best!! Yeah the limit is 45000, but limit varies with nature of goods.

Wilco :)

Will mostly get a watch and games for myself and some gifts for family (yet to decide what to buy)

• 4 weeks later...

Do share your US Gaming purchase experience with us k!! All the best!! Yeah the limit is 45000, but limit varies with nature of goods.

My haul thus far during the trip

1. God of war 3 ultimate edition

2. God of war ascension collectors

3. Ninja Gaiden 3 collectors

4. Max Payne collectors statue

5. Far Cry Kyrat Edition statue + box + other goodies

6. Tomb Raider Definitive Artbook edition

7. Future Cop LAPD for PSX

8. Sleeping Dogs definitive

9. AC Unity

10. Metro Redux

11. Settlers of Catan (Got this board game as a gift :) )

Also bought a basic phone as my Redmi Note isn't Quad band GSM.

The GOW Pandora box is lovely; now the question is how do I carry all this stuff back :D, planning to ditch Reese chocs which someone had requested :P

IMG_590797355.jpg

IMG_5909e2066.jpg

IMG_591023dff.jpg

IMG_59113d413.jpg

IMG_5912c44cf.jpg

IMG_5913be13d.jpg

IMG_5915a6ca9.jpg

IMG_5916394a0.jpg

IMG_59196bcf2.jpg

IMG_5920bf322.jpg

IMG_592163e11.jpg

IMG_59220e037.jpg

IMG_5928fd8c9.jpg

IMG_59333c6cd.jpg

PS: Posted exactly similar post on What you bought this week thread too.

Gr8 purchases man. Please go an extra mile when u r packing these items before travelling. My pandora box broke in transit. There was a huge crack, that can't be fixed and the horns were broken too. I dont know which chokeslam, the aircraft crew member had practiced on my bag.

Gr8 purchases man. Please go an extra mile when u r packing these items before travelling. My pandora box broke in transit. There was a huge crack, that can't be fixed and the horns were broken too. I dont know which chokeslam, the aircraft crew member had practiced on my bag.

Damn thats bad; can we carry it as cabin baggage? I think I will mark the luggage as Fragile.

During my transit from California to Washington I took a Delta airlines flight; while de-boarding I saw how they chucked my bag into the carry van, they literally hurl it up and throw it.

Damn thats bad; can we carry it as cabin baggage? I think I will mark the luggage as Fragile.

Yes, if u have enuf space carry these as cabin baggage. But then many times ppl dnt care much about others stuff, while squeezing their bag in the overhead cabin.

Not sure about marking the luggage as fragile, never tried that option. I had wrapped my PS3 in a blanket, you can try something like that.

Yes, if u have enuf space carry these as cabin baggage. But then many times ppl dnt care much about others stuff, while squeezing their bag in the overhead cabin.

Not sure about marking the luggage as fragile, never tried that option. I had wrapped my PS3 in a blanket, you can try something like that.

Landed in Blr at 3 am; Pandora's box is good, I tagged both the luggage as fragile.

TSA ended up cutting my padlock to inspect the items though.

Awesome Bro!!! Just WoW'd at all the goodies. BTW Future Cop LAPD is one of my favorite games. It was the first game I bought an original copy of, paying full price. Cheers!!!

Noice. Loved the FC statue.

And now that you've personally done it I'd like to know about this:

Apart from the bills of the items

bought; do I need to keep anything else handy?

Some people have different experiences.

Did the airport custom officials opened your bag and checked the inside? And I'm curious, how do they know whether an item was bought from their country or not? Can you carry as much as you like as long as you break the seal on the cover or dont carry the cover at all?

I mean in domestic airlines here they check only the weight so do they check the weight as well as the contents of the luggage internationally?

TIA.

Awesome Bro!!! Just WoW'd at all the goodies. BTW Future Cop LAPD is one of my favorite games. It was the first game I bought an original copy of, paying full price. Cheers!!!

Hehe, mine was Splinter cell Chaos Theory for PC I think which I bought on release but not on full price as far as I can recollect :)

I enjoyed FC: LAPD during school on PC, thought I will buy for collection; either ways its NTSC wont work on my PS3 or PS2 (both being PAL).

I can always :zodka: on pc though if needed.

Noice. Loved the FC statue.

And now that you've personally done it I'd like to know about this:

Some people have different experiences.

Did the airport custom officials opened your bag and checked the inside? And I'm curious, how do they know whether an item was bought from their country or not? Can you carry as much as you like as long as you break the seal on the cover or dont carry the cover at all?

I mean in domestic airlines here they check only the weight so do they check the weight as well as the contents of the luggage internationally?

TIA.

Had to leave FC and MP3 statues behind at my sister's pl.

Airport officials at Blr did not open the case in front of me; but yes my bag showed up on the conveyor belt approx after an hour of deboarding the flight;this can be attributed to delay in unloading of the luggage probably.

Thumb rule is to discard any packaging behind, so if you buy anything leave behind the packing.

From what I have heard seal packed stuff has a limit of 45K INR, I carried all the covers with me (NG3 collectors; God of war 3 ultimate; GOW Ascension collectors) and few seal packed XB1 titles.

I mean how good is a collectors edition if you leave behind the packaging.

The weight is always checked for int'l flights; as far as contents are concerned, TSA has the liberty to open forcefully any of the checked in baggage if they want to; as mentioned earlier one of my bags was opened by cutting the lock and they did check all the contents; this bag however had some condiments which probably flagged their system.

Will be happy to help you with any further queries.

Archived