What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

@Spinny & Karooo: :good:

Got these a couple of hours back:

6LTfl.jpg

cTlE6.jpg

The Mel Brooks collection. Pretty big (& heavy) set. Cover is made of nice thick cardboard and has a book-box (with all the blurays) plus an excellent hardbook (120 pages) covering the life (childhood, youth, love life, movies etc.) of Mel Brooks.

Has 9 of his movies (Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety, History of the World: Part I, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Silent Movie, Spaceballs, To Be or Not to Be, The Twelve Chairs and Young Frankenstein).

JzMdW.jpg

Some books:

2LVBB.jpg

Arcade Mania - Mainly deals with the Japanese obsession with arcades. Superb book with full color semi-glossy pages and loads of photos & trivia.

The Red Market: On the Trail of the World's Organ Brokers, Bone Thieves, Blood Farmers, and Child Traffickers - An in-depth report that takes readers on a shocking tour through a macabre global underworld where organs, bones, and live people are bought and sold on the red market. A short read here.

Egg Story - Unexpected awesomeness. Wanna see how an egg turns into a ninja ? Read this !

Edit: 1st pic size was too big. :|

Is egg story a comic?

@Spinny & Karooo: :good:

Got these a couple of hours back:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arcade Mania - Mainly deals with the Japanese obsession with arcades. Superb book with full color semi-glossy pages and loads of photos & trivia.

The Red Market: On the Trail of the World's Organ Brokers, Bone Thieves, Blood Farmers, and Child Traffickers - An in-depth report that takes readers on a shocking tour through a macabre global underworld where organs, bones, and live people are bought and sold on the red market. A short read here.

Egg Story - Unexpected awesomeness. Wanna see how an egg turns into a ninja ? Read this !

Edit: 1st pic size was too big. :|

rent per dedo mujhe plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D awesome buy broda,,,,my fav...a legend!!!

Edited by MarketTantrik
no need to include the pics in a requote

Meet.. Wheatley :)

GaIfC.jpg

belqh.jpg

Specs:

i5 2500k

560 Ti HAWK (runs BF3 real smooth)

MSI z68a G45

Corsair 400R

~49k (excluding RAM)

Thoughts on the case: Awesome bang for the buck.

But wish it came with one more fan for top exhaust.

GPU temps hover around 75-80 @950Mhz stress.. Is that normal? :huh: Will

probably add one more fan to the side anyways.

Recently Acquired:

img20111011001225.jpg

A bunch of expensive recycled-paper ecosystem notebooks and naturally-colored binders. Another gamepad I picked up and a Coolermaster Storm Inferno mouse.

img20111011002022.jpg

Solar bag from Sakku (Switzerland), priced at around $520 USD (480 Swiss Francs), with a battery pack inside. Charges any electronic device using the power stored in the battery pack which is in turn from the solar cells. The bag material is itself made from Swiss sailboat sails, each individually numbered (mine's 571). Plus yet another recycled-paper notepad.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

^^ Aaah! The contest winnings appeareth.

Didn't you enter the recent Engadget mega-giveaway? What happened?

:D Oh that "one of five Nexus S 4G phones" giveaway? Well didn't quite win it apparently :( Not that I need yet another acquired-for-free Nexus S. Won $50 off someone else on youtube and another $150 off somebody else plus $50 off on Star Wars gadgetry too though. Still thinking about how to blow that money though. Won a big bag of chocolates (trivia night hehe) but I guess I can't put that up here. No time for my customary essay-length giveaway entries anymore though :( Hoping I'll begin striking it big again sometime

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

I thought he'd be spherical in shame :(

Shame here. :(

BTW, congrats Rahul ! :good:

@alek - Check PM

Replied bro.

Great buys Alekh....You must be having a library by now- both Books n Video :good:

Thanks. Well, there's a huge storage locker at home. That's where all the books & videos go once I'm done with them. Yahan Delhi main to it's a one-room apartment. :(

These just arrived in my mailbox yesterday :wOOtjumpy:

20111011162156.jpg

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage Steelbook

Mortal Kombat Raiden ultra rare steelbook

NFS HP steelbook

Crysis 2 ultra rare landscape steelbook

Deus Ex steelbook

CoD MW Collection steelbook

F.3.A.R steelbook

20111011163136.jpg

Reverse surface of the steelbooks

20111011163326.jpg