The Book Thread

Amay

The Odessa File by Fredrick Forsyth.

Must read for any one who is interested in the Holocaust and the events leading to World War II.

fredrick is one hell of an author man, the day of the jackal, dogs of war and the afghan are some of his best works. i especially loved dogs of war

I am reading The Fourth K By Mario Puzo.

I love all Mario Puzo books.After this only The Sicilian and Omerta left to read in Mario Puzos collection.

BTW has anyone read The Last Don----Mario Puzo.

I've read 'the last don'. Its ok, in fact, none of Puzo's other books come anywhere near 'The Godfather' !

Anybody here who's finished 'fountainhead' :( ? I've read like 25% of the book, sorta nice, but very thought provoking ! You just can't stop admiring the lead 'Howard Roark'. Perhaps one of the best characters in fiction novels !

Edited by ..Ne0..

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy -

A fascinating book , I recommend it . The answer of the universe is also in the book.......do you want to know the answer ?

Currently searching for the rest of the series....

The complete Hitchhiker series is on sale in Landmark bookstore. If you have one nearby, you can check it out. Its going for about 400 rs. Books included -

* The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1979)

* The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (1980)

* Life, the Universe and Everything (1982)

* So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish (1984)

* Mostly Harmless (1992)

The Odessa File by Fredrick Forsyth.

Must read for any one who is interested in the Holocaust and the events leading to World War II.

Excellent book. Top notch. If you have not already, check out his other books: Day of the jackal, devil's alternative, the fourth protocol etc. Each of them is a masterpiece !

I'm an avid reader. Don't get much time nowdays due to work but I try.

Just finished reading:

The Children of Hurin - J. R. R. Tolkien

Troy: Fall of Kings - David Gemmell (The whole Troy series a great read. I'd recommend it to everyone)

Currently reading:

Seven Ancient Wonders - Matthew Reilly (I enjoyed Contest and Temple, this one not so much...yet)

• Like 1