Peter Molyneux Quits Lionhead Studios and Microsoft

Peter Molyneux, one of the most respected video game developers in the world and one of the top creative minds on the Xbox team, is leaving Microsoft and Lionhead Studios, Kotaku has learned.

"It is with mixed emotions that I made the decision to leave Microsoft and Lionhead Studios, the company that I co-founded in 1997, at the conclusion of development of Fable: The Journey.," Molyneux said in a statement to Kotaku. Fable: The Journey is this year's forthcoming Fable game for the Xbox 360 Kinect. Molyneux will continue to be involved in that title as a creative consultant.

Molyneux is exiting both his position as the leader of Lionhead and his role as the creative head of Microsoft Studios Europe, which primarily consisted of overseeing Lionhead and Rare. Lionhead will be run by studio co-founder Mark Webley. Microsoft is not immediately naming a new head of the European studios.

Molyneux will move on to an as-yet unpublicized independent venture, one that ends his tenure at Lionhead. That studio is responsible, under Molyneux, for more than a decade's worth of ambitious games.

"I remain extremely passionate and proud of the people, products and experiences that we created," Molyneux said, "from Black & White to Fable to our pioneering work with Milo and Kate for the Kinect platform. However, I felt the time was right to pursue a new independent venture. I'd like to thank the team at Lionhead, as well as our partners at Microsoft Studios for their support, dedication and incredible work over the years."

http://kotaku.com/5890594/peter-molyneux-is-leaving-lionhead-studios-and-microsoft-will-finish-kinect-fable?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Noooooo :(

I love the fable series , no matter how much I hate Xbox , I would always love fable

Fable : the lost chapters :wub:

You will change your mind when U play Fable 3 :giggle:

The series went from top to sh*t

Fable 4 will be amazing coz troll Peter will not be in team , tweeting over hyped things and then giving out underwhelming results

What did you guys say to him? :lol:

I wanted a pic with him, so I gave the DSLR to Sam and asked him to take a snap. Sam tried looking at the DSLR LCD screen instead of through the view-finder at which point, I prompted him to look through the viewfinder.

At this, Peter quipped, "It is amazing that cameras have changed so much over the years that now you have to tell a person to look through the viewfinder".

I wanted a pic with him, so I gave the DSLR to Sam and asked him to take a snap. Sam tried looking at the DSLR LCD screen instead of through the view-finder at which point, I prompted him to look through the viewfinder.

At this, Peter quipped, "It is amazing that cameras have changed so much over the years that now you have to tell a person to look through the viewfinder".

So he is as quirky as i thought,he would be :P

Archived