The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

placing bets is not equivalent to fixing, he might be betting as much he wants, but that does not mean matches were fixed. Probably betting would be a bailable offence as well.

Yeah betting is not fixing and it's pretty much an open secret that it takes place all the time. The problem arises only when you get entangled in a high profile case like this. There's also the fact that the alleged bets are on events that he can influence, if only in theory. That's not legal anywhere.

Influencing is possible at so many levels, but that does not mean it happens. I think the fact that new names that are cropping up are more about people making bets or bookies, rather then the fixers itself, points that police has run out of leads and just trying to sensationalize this topic now.

Influencing is possible at so many levels, but that does not mean it happens. I think the fact that new names that are cropping up are more about people making bets or bookies, rather then the fixers itself, points that police has run out of leads and just trying to sensationalize this topic now.

your sense is still in place even after the last night event - good job :clapping:

There is a reason why people who are affiliated to an organization aren't allowed to participate in the contest hosted by that company. Imagine, someone from SonyTV appearing as a contestant on KBC.

Even in the scenario of betting being legal which is not, if Gurunath is involved he can not only influence/bend things but without even telling anyone he will have easy access to things like toss/team composition, information which can be used for betting.

Gurunath is Son-in-law of Seenu, and Vice-chaiman of India cements, and heir of the India cements empire, I think everyone knows about Seenu's son.

Yet, I don't believe Guru's involvement.

Edited by Udham

I totally agree that Srinivasan should forefit his stake in CSK or forefit his position in BCCI, both should not co exist.

of course, it does not help in any way, even when he may not be influencing the things the team is accused of it, not a good thing

Also I choose RR for today, c'mon Dravid win this IPL :D

Edited by avkash

I totally agree that Srinivasan should forefit his stake in CSK or forefit his position in BCCI, both should not co exist.

Thats what AC Muthaiah is fighting for. It should happen, seenu should be removed from all the cricket bodies.

He wears just too many hats.

Edited by Udham

Didn't that case get a split verdict? Anyway, there's the standard answer to that question — India Cements owns the rights to CSK and Gurunath is the designated franchise owner. Troll answer for that would be Dhoni is effectively the owner of CSK as he is the vice president of India Cements.

Edited by Walter Sobchak

Didn't that case get a split verdict? Anyway, there's the standard answer to that question — India Cements owns the rights to CSK and Gurunath is the designated franchise owner. Troll answer for that would be Dhoni is effectively the owner of CSK as he is the vice president of India Cements.

I don't think it has been settled. Following article is from this year, just a month old.

Former BCCI president Muthiah submits 12 more instances of 'conflict of interest' against Srinivasan in Supreme Court

Edited by Udham

I seriously suspect CSK is favoured in a major way.

Look at yesterdays pitch. Was as flat as anything keeping in mind Csk's great batting line up.

Look at today's pitch. Slow and low.

Really fishy.

seenu is making arrangements that Dhoni can take along pitches of his liking.

About a decade back warne came to india with his spaghetti, now indians are gonna avenge it.

I seriously suspect CSK is favoured in a major way.

Look at yesterdays pitch. Was as flat as anything keeping in mind Csk's great batting line up.

Look at today's pitch. Slow and low.

Really fishy.

Flat pitch supported both CSK and MI. Both have awesome batting line up. If MI would have batted first by winning toss, MI would have had major advantage. That pitch got slow in last 10 overs. It was a good T20 wicket. Only blind haters will think it supported CSK.
However, today's pitch CLEARLY favored SRH. Dravid even said it was exactly like Hyderabad wicket. So yeah, if anything, pitch was tailored for SRH rather than CSK or MI. Great that those SRH losers lost. Sammy was getting on my nerve with that dance of his. Once or twice it is okay, but doing it every time is just sad. Also, kudos to Hodge for making fun of him after hitting final 6.

There is a reason why people who are affiliated to an organization aren't allowed to participate in the contest hosted by that company. Imagine, someone from SonyTV appearing as a contestant on KBC.

Even in the scenario of betting being legal which is not, if Gurunath is involved he can not only influence/bend things but without even telling anyone he will have easy access to things like toss/team composition, information which can be used for betting.

Gurunath is Son-in-law of Seenu, and Vice-chaiman of India cements, and heir of the India cements empire, I think everyone knows about Seenu's son.

Yet, I don't believe Guru's involvement.

exactly. thats why conflict of interest avoidance is such a big deal abroad. even if no advantage is taken even the hint of impropriety is avoided. but we are so lax in the matter. that's why a Rajat Gupta was jailed for insider trading in US whereas here it's prob'ly a norm

Flat pitch supported both CSK and MI. Both have awesome batting line up. If MI would have batted first by winning toss, MI would have had major advantage. That pitch got slow in last 10 overs. It was a good T20 wicket. Only blind haters will think it supported CSK.
However, today's pitch CLEARLY favored SRH. Dravid even said it was exactly like Hyderabad wicket. So yeah, if anything, pitch was tailored for SRH rather than CSK or MI. Great that those SRH losers lost. Sammy was getting on my nerve with that dance of his. Once or twice it is okay, but doing it every time is just sad. Also, kudos to Hodge for making fun of him after hitting final 6.

yup, when i saw the wicket & when SRH reached 130 i thought RR bye-bye. but hodge's innings was just brilliant. was torn between both sides coz both were underdogs but now really hope RR win title esp. for dravid's sake

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic