Should I buy this Xbox One package from Snapdeal? Let me explain...

tracerbullet

So my Xbox One died last week, completely out of the blue, without any sort of warning. Warranty is over and apparently Microsoft doesn't honour out-of-warranty consoles in India. I am now left with many games, 2 controllers, a working AC power supply, but no Xbox!

It comes with 2 controllers, 4 games and the kinect. I just need the console as I have everything else. It may also work out cost-effective for me, if I am able to sell everything off (including the power supply) and keep just the console for myself. What do you guys think?

Additionally, would members here be interested in picking up the controllers, games, kinect and power supply? Let me know.

Currently in heavy withdrawal phase, so need to figure this out soon.

Cheers.

why don't you check with Ms, they should have a warranty option.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. In the myservice.xbox.com section, it says that my console is out of warranty and unserviceable...

Anyway, any takers for the games and Kinect? I'm thinking Rs 2-2.5k for all four games and Rs 6,000-7,000 for the kinect as a new one currently costs Rs 10k on Amazon. I think the controllers could go for Rs 2k each, no?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. In the myservice.xbox.com section, it says that my console is out of warranty and unserviceable...

Anyway, any takers for the games and Kinect? I'm thinking Rs 2-2.5k for all four games and Rs 6,000-7,000 for the kinect as a new one currently costs Rs 10k on Amazon. I think the controllers could go for Rs 2k each, no?

That is pathetic on Microsoft side, how can they not service what they sold. I guess you would have got it from Amazon, chat with them.

As for Kinect I guess 6k, and ya around 3k for games, 2k for the controller sounds fair. If it is the one with 3.5mm jack, I will take one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I contacted them. There's no option for out of warranty consoles. They're dead-weight..

Dunno about xbox one mine hasnt died yet but my power supply was replaced free out of warranty.. also mak here i think got his elite controller replaced out of warranty too.. As for Ms Customer care it was one of the best during the xbox 360 days in india compared to the non-existant sony care for my dead fat ps3 back then

Edit-- Also did you call them up?

Okay, so I just called up the Xbox India helpline and had this confirmed explicitly: Consoles that have been purchased in India essentially become deadweight once the 1-year warranty period expires. Microsoft has no paid service or replacement programme for out-of-warranty consoles, even if they've been purchased through legitimate channels.

Sounds like the fastest way to lose cred and customers. Good luck, Microsoft India!

@slackerninja, you should look into this, if this is really the situation out here.

Okay, so I just called up the Xbox India helpline and had this confirmed explicitly: Consoles that have been purchased in India essentially become deadweight once the 1-year warranty period expires. Microsoft has no paid service or replacement programme for out-of-warranty consoles, even if they've been purchased through legitimate channels.

Sounds like the fastest way to lose cred and customers. Good luck, Microsoft India!

@slackerninja, you should look into this, if this is really the situation out here.

Try to get it repaired in the grey market. If you're in Delhi, try palika. They might be able to repair it.

But serious BS from MS. I guess they are just salty as the playstation has always performed better here.

Pathetic sh*t . I think we should run this through some print media, would be good to have an article on this.

A hindi paper can read.

" Microsoft bana raha hai aapko Fuddu, aur le ja raha hai aapka paisa"

Not only absurd, but I think this is illegal as well.

I remember reading an article in newspaper about an year back where a customer sued HCL as they were unable to repair his 2 old laptop saying that its an old model and we the spare parts are just not available. He filed a case in consumer forum and won. Fines were in the tune of 50k + cost of laptop + interest + legal fees.

Also, the bench clearly stated that if the product is sold my the manufacturer, it their duty to provide after sales service

Archived