The Android Thread

pArth

Guys, where can i exactly see whats working and whats not working in CM versions? I remember seeing it was clearly written working and not working in the CM download site. I can't see it anywhere.

I am looking for CM10.1 OR CM10 stable release, where it is properly written working or not working things. If anyone can find it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

sorry to hear anda bhai, did you activate that find my iPhone sorry android feature that was copied sorry introduced, at least you can track it and show the police that here is the phone, now would you please get it ?

err what? lol at your subtle attempt at saying iPhone invented that feature. It was there even for feature phones since long. Apple put it into their phones before google and google added it later to stock android. Neither of them came up with an original idea for this. (FYI, the find the phone features were also already available on Android through third parties before iPhone could have it at all).

Going by your analogy, any time apple puts in a feature which exists elsewhere but google hasn't added to stock android yet, it becomes a brand new innovation of Apple.

Yeah. I have android lost. But it's not working.

I'm sure the theif has reset the cell.

Even android device manager is not working .

All I have is 2 unknown IP address who accessed my Gmail after my cell was stolen.

With time and IP address I think it's possible to find something.

170g :(

168 to be precise

Yeah. I have android lost. But it's not working.

I'm sure the theif has reset the cell.

Even android device manager is not working .

All I have is 2 unknown IP address who accessed my Gmail after my cell was stolen.

With time and IP address I think it's possible to find something.

give everything to the Police, nothing can be worse right, why not try

Also one comment on Samsung Galaxy Gear:

I wouldn't be surprised if apple leaked to the world that they were working on a watch (even had some people working on it) just to get other companies to make one, and apple won't ever release it. lol

:rofl:

Guys, need a phone reco for an uncle. Not too technical but he wants to try apps and its his first foray into smartphones.

Looking for a decent android phone in the ~Rs. 15,000 or less range. Doesn't need any phone with a huge screen.

Following options you have,

• SONY XPERIA M
  • SONY XPERIA L
  • NOKIA Lumia 620
  • SAMSUNG Galaxy S Advance

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Guys, I already have a Nexus tablet (2013).

Should I buy a cheap WinPho (15k) , or should I wait and buy Note 3. (more moolah needed).

How much is the expected price of Note 3.

I need a phone with exceptional battery ,is there something like that in WinPho.

I've noticed that Note series' price doesn't drop like Galaxy series' , so it might have better resale value.

^^ The Lumia 520 / 620 should be right up your alley, although anything more than a day of stand by time (heavy usage) is wishful thinking with their battery size in mind.

You can check out reviews of the SONY XPERIA M (~13500/-) / L (~16500/-) / SP (~21500/-) to see if any of these Droids suit your needs. SAMSUNG Galaxy Grand and MEGA are the other options although I don't like them.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

170g is way too off, G2 is 144g, with a bigger screen and same powered battery.

You don't want plastic but the alternate material should be lighter too? Carbon fibre maybe?

besides 170g is nothing... cmon. don't nitpick over 20-30 grams.

the Z is 170 grams and it feels solid.

even i have Z and i know it feels great, and just to correct you Z is 146g and not 170g. So plastic is not necessary to keep it below the 150g weight limit.

It is not about nitpicking, just that a 5" screen for 170g is heavy, not taking into consideration Lumia series.

Also Galaxy Note and NOte 2 bother were 180 and 183g respectively, and ya they feel heavy. I could never get comfortable with Note weight and size. I will reserve my judgement for Z1 till i see the phone in person, but on paper this does look like a deal breaker for me.

The brilliance, that is Z1!

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z1_ifa_2013-review-977p3.php

Sony :majesty: Hope they price it sanely.

No 4K video shooting :(

That's a disappointment considering the Snapdragon 800 processor it contains that supports 4K video capture.