The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

So my dad wants to buy a new car in the coming 2 months and he wants a petrol sedan (selling my scorpio diesel off in return)

The max budget is 7Lakhs on road!

So the choices boil down to :

Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire

Toyota Etios

Mahindra Verito

Hyundai Accent

Can you'll shed some light as to which one will be the best choice and why?

My dad is really keen on buying the swift dzire vxi BS 4 but since the new swift (and eventually the dzire version) is going to be launched, I think this wouldn't be such a great buy.

Etios is a wonderful car..everyone in the family loved it..but then again dad is scared about excess maintenance that it might incur

Mahindra verito : meh

hyundai accent: Too good a car but a really really old model!

So please do help me help my dad decide :D

Thanks!

avkash...just got off the phone with a sales rep from tata and the aura version going for 6.77 otr is the one equivlent to the swift dzire for 6.30 otr...The only difference being the Audio controls in the manza are on the steering wheel and not on the dashboard!

Edited by -= L O L =-

So the car went through a knife...

Initial

img0912o.jpg

Through the Knife

img0916rr.jpg

Still Under the Knife..

img0917bt.jpg

And the Results....

img0918i.jpg

Main Menu

img0922my.jpg

Videos

img0920mj.jpg

Parking

img0923an.jpg

GPS

img0925yc.jpg

Honda city @ 8.6 lacs otr and you can squeez about 85k in benefits making it just about 80k above your price.

also include Ford Fiesta classic which starts at 5.5 ex showroom or something.. 1.6 ltr engine is a jem to drive.

this is how my dad will look at it: 80k ke benfits ko chod (yes double meaning indeed)... I AM STILL paying 1.6K more na !!!

Ford Fiesta Classic out dated hogai hai re with the new fiesta in market...

@Avkash: Ya the ABS is an important thing but i still don't like the exterior looks that much! Interiors are orgasmic!

BTW Fort point guys told me they will get me a NEW Swift Dzire in December for sure..

What say should i wait?

I thought the New Swift Dzire was scheduled for an early 2012 release and not in Dec 2011.

Edited by -= L O L =-

this is how my dad will look at it: 80k ke benfits ko chod (yes double meaning indeed)... I AM STILL paying 1.6K more na !!!

Ford Fiesta Classic out dated hogai hai re with the new fiesta in market...

@Avkash: Ya the ABS is an important thing but i still don't like the exterior looks that much! Interiors are orgasmic!

BTW Fort point guys told me they will get me a NEW Swift Dzire in December for sure..

What say should i wait?

There are few offers going on Vento Petrol as well.. its ex showroom is around 7 lacs in pune. wont be much different in mum.

I thought the New Swift Dzire was scheduled for an early 2012 release and not in Dec 2011.

Those benefits are free insurance+cash discount+corporate discount+few accessories. if you are taking it from pune then ill do the negotiations for you. B)

and yeah.. accent is not outdated but fiesta is?? :P old fiesta's 1.6 engine is the best petrol engine for those at a budget. and fiesta's interiors are on par with etios. though even etios's 1.5 engine is really very refined but with fiesta you will get that fun to drive factor.

and also, Etios is spacious. not manza type spacious but better than the rest of the options. imp thing is it doesnt have that hump at the back.

where do you get Honda city 8.6 OTR, it is 10.1 lacs in blore for S model

@Supersim: Around 43k

Athek I am talking about e-mt and in maharashtra the taxes are half compared to KA or any southern state. I got one of my cars' top model at the price of a variant below in AP & KA. B)

Edited by Jalebi Bai

City is priced @ 7.60 for the base model in my city :P Cos no one buys Petrol cars in punjab... Also City had booking of 6-7 months until petrol prices increased After the petrol price hike all the bookings got cancelled and now they are giving 1.75 lacs discount on Jazz. Upto 1 lac on City... SO on for Accord and CR-V....