The Football Thread

Xeno

I know you are joking but no one in the current England team has the commitment to the shirt as Terry.

When ever I think about Terry the English player this comes to mind instantly.

I mean can you seriously imagine a rio or lescott doing that ? Hell in the video even Terry goes for the suicidal dive while Johnson just stands there covering his balls and making faces.

Respect.

His Commitment is always 100%,big big loss for England

• Like 1

He has a small fracture no torn ligaments

According to Agger's advisor, Per Steffensen, the damage is not that bad, because there is not torn any ligaments above.

- He has a small rupture of a large bone behind the knee. Right now it's swollen and sore, but once the swelling has subsided, he can train again, says Steffensen to spn.dk.

Edited by The Choker

Friend sent this to me ..... Hurt :/

Judge to child: Do you want to live with

your mother?

Child: No

Judge: Why?

Child: She beats me.

Judge: Okay, so you want to live with dad? Child: No

Judge: Why not?

Child: He beats me too.

Judge: So who do you want to live

with?

Child: liverpool.

Judge: WHY??

Child: They never beat anyone!

Friend sent this to me ..... Hurt :/

Judge to child: Do you want to live with

your mother?

Child: No

Judge: Why?

Child: She beats me.

Judge: Okay, so you want to live with dad? Child: No

Judge: Why not?

Child: He beats me too.

Judge: So who do you want to live

with?

Child: liverpool.

Judge: WHY??

Child: They never beat anyone!

bwaahhh!!! :roflroll: :roflroll: :roflroll: :roflroll:

So ex-United CB Jaap Stam says Fergie encouraged players to dive in the box.. Not that surprising tbh with the type of players they have had over the years & fans of other club saying the same exact thing..

Don't think United fans have any 'excuse' now when people label them as a team of cheaters.. Cheating in their team starts from the manager itself..

I won't be surprised if in the future this allegation of referees being biased towards United gets proved in some form of the other. Would be a huge blow to the credentials of EPL imo..

He destroyed himself. Before going to a club you have to see whether the style of play will suit your playing style. He's a broody guy who wants all service to go to him. At Liverpool we were more than happy to do that since apart from Gerrard, no one else than Torres was prolific in front of goal. But at Chelsea everyone is capable of scoring, and to add to that, i feel that many a time his positioning is woeful.

Just an instance i remember, some Chelsea player was running down the flanks to get the cross in, and Torres ideally should be at the near post, center of the goal, or at the far post to head it in, but he stands at the edge of the D on the near side, and expects that the player play a ground pass to him. Such things will not happen at Chelsea, and with the arrival of Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc who are goal scoring midfielders, he better move on, or find another role to play, maybe play as a RW or something.

Couldn`t agree more.It was his choice of leaving Pool :( He made a mistake.He plays the same way he used to play for liverpool.The positioning and all are exactly same as he used to do at Pool and scored loads of goals.But its not pool,its chelsea now and they don`t understand him.They don`t understand his positioning,his runs.Its all against him now.But its his decision :( God i miss the old torres :cry: From the most exciting things in football to a player who is made to like a Mediocre striker.My Heart Cries :cry: I could barely watch the last game without getting angry ,have to stop watching chelsea games now :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5_1sIHGi0&feature=g-all-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYvnZXS0TPY&feature=relmfu

ARTETA STATS SO FAR:

INTERCEPTIONS 3 PER GAME(AMONG TOP TEN PLAYERS)
TACKLES 4.2 PER GAME (AMONG TOP TEN PLAYER)
PASSES 98 PER GAME (BEST IN THE LEAGUE)
PASSING ACCURACY 93.4(BEST IN THE LEAGUE)
LONG BALLS 7 PER GAME (AMONG TOP 15 PLAYERS)

Being among top 10 players in interceptions and tackles may not look all that great but it is infact an amazing stat because he is an midfielder as opposed to an defender...only 3 or 4 non defenders have better stat than him. Edited by rajprdp