Devil May Cry 4

KnackChap

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used that pen trick for the hydra part in gow 2 (pirated ps2 disc).. used to have really fat fingers back then that's what made it so tough for me probably.. got through that part on my 1st try in the ps3 hd version without any tricks..

• 5 months later...

KrGMev7.jpg

OMFG MIGHT CONTROLS EVERYTHING INDEED. THANK YOU BASED CAPCOM. THANK YOU FOR THIS. 80y9XZe.png

WOULD PAY $1000.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!@#^^$$(%^^^&*((&^*#@^*@(**@*^@^#@*#(@^(#@^#@#^@#)@^#@(#^@^#*@^#@*#^@*(#^@#^(@(*#^@#^@*#&@(#&@#&@)#&@*#&(@)#@*#&@(#&@)(@)#&@)#&@*#@@#(@#@#&@)#@#&@#_@#&*@#@_#@*#@#&@#8@*&(675435$%##$3244451351361030144

Deep Down has a very high chance of being renamed as Dragon's Dogma Online. Kobayashi & Itsuno are both working on "at least" two projects. If both are paired up together in a single project instead of different ones, it means that a bombshell sequel is well under development. The IP of the original Devil May Cry was renewed by Capcom earlier this year, but that could relate to this as well.

This will most probably release post E3 '15. That's around the 1st/2nd week of June. Call it confirmation/fanboy bias, but a DMC5 demo running on the new Panta Rhei being included with both the disc and digital version of this, is very highly plausible. With the recent SONY exclusivity, that 500K USD prize pool for the next Capcom Cup (also an eerily close relationship with other JPN pubs like SEGA, please don't stop at Yakuza 5 localization and do the inevitable, Cerny-san :P) it might end up PS4 exclusive even. :lol:

tumblr_mh343aytv31riap2rdp.gif

CAPCOM PLS

• 1 month later...

DMC4 was great , combat was best of last gen for me . Never played Bayonetta though so cant comment on that . DMC4 fell short in two major areas compared to DMC3

1. Dante Vergil rivalry , really missed their encounters and fights
2. Boss fights

Wont really complain about the repititive enviornment as even DMC3 took place inside a tower and there were little bit of same areas towards the end game . Plus got to control Dante in second half of DMC4 so that overshadows it . If you look for a overall action game with set pieces , story etc then there are better games but if seen considering only action/combat then DMC4 for me too . Overall it was Lords of shadows for me :majesty: followed by GOW3 and DMC4/MGRR

For me last gen.

Combat wise - ninja gaiden 2, dmc4, mgr

Overall campaign experience - bayonetta, gow3, castlevania, darksiders

Combat wise nothing beats ninja gaiden and DMC. Mgr is great too, but QTEs break the flow of combat. But all these games have shitty campaign, stories are just terrible. That's why they got scores around 80s on meta. Most reviewers play campaign once or twice mostly, but only after playing these games on harder difficulties one can appreciate depth in combat.

Dante vs Vergil rivalry in DMC3 was legendary. I don't think any other game has ever presented two rivals with such excellent pacing, boss battle design and character design. While DMC3 isnt going to win any awards for its story , Dante vs Vergil will always be something its remembered by.

I hope we can get some of that awesomeness in DMC4 SE. Dante vs Nero is more like Master vs Student sorta fights.

Archived