Only Single player -- check

Rebooting old franchise -- check

Nazi hag lady -- check

Hitler screaming his head of -- check

Grizzly veteran voice-over -- check

Chances of success -- 88%

close_enough_poster-r74415eb390b84e6cab1

• 3 weeks later...
Wolfenstein: The New Order’s “I Am Death Incarnate” mode will make you “cry blood”

Wolfenstein: The New Order’s “I Am Death Incarnate” mode will kick your a*s, and it was designed to do so, just as the original mode in Wolfenstein 3D intended.

Speaking with Gamespot, the game’s senior gameplay designer Andreas Ojerfors even so far as to say it will make you “cry blood.” Ouch.

“We want it to be a real, real challenge for people,”he said. “This is not an easy game. Of course we have the five difficulty levels of the original Wolfenstein 3D, like everything from Daddy Can I Play? to I Am Death Incarnate. So you can turn it down or turn it up if you want to. But like the default, normal setting of the game, it’s going to be a challenging experience.

“It’s difficult, but it’s always fair. You’re never really cheated. It’s always your fault if you die.”

src: vg247

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delayed.

Wolfenstein: The New Order delayed into 2014

Wolfenstein: The New Order, MachineGames revival of the classic shooter franchise, has been delayed from its tentative launch window of Q4 2013 into 2014, Bethesda Softworks VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines told Polygon today.

"We didn't just want to do a one-note Wolfenstein game," Hines added. "We wanted to make something that brought in all these elements, and as it turns out, the polish time you spend on the shooting stuff has no impact on what it feels like in the stealth part."

"This needs to be the best Wolfenstein game ever made, and you can't shortcut that," Hines said. "It can't have the same historical impact of Wolfenstein 3D, but it can be a better game."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/1/4579406/wolfenstein-the-new-order-delayed-into-2014

Blazkowicz has been kicking a*s eons before KZ came out.

Was talking about the graphics. Same grey pallet from KZ2 and mecha characters from KZ3. not detracting. quite happy how its shaping up.

and the guns look really over the top. this will be a fun shooter.

• 4 weeks later...

Played the PAX Prime demo for this. Didn't look too bad but wasn't quite mindblowing either. Same greyish palette as KZ. Involved a bunch of mechs and I got confused about where to go halfway through the demo :P so I kinda stopped.

These guys have an impressions article up - http://www.thunderboltgames.com/preview/pax-prime-2013-wolfenstein-the-new-order-hands-on

Archived