Gaming PCs

AtheK

Hi Necromorph, it is a really tight squeeze in that budget but take a look at the following laptops @flipkart.

I suggest that you look at laptops which have the following specifications,

• Core i5 (3rd / 4th Generation) or Core i7 (3rd Generation)
  • AMD HD7670M or nVidia GT740M
  • ~4GB -->6GB of DDR3 RAM
  • 750GB hard-drive
  • OS of your choice

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums, Cheerio!

Thanks for a swift reply.

I'm thinking a 640m or a 650m will work in my budget. How do you think it will fare on something like BF4 at low-mid settings. Any better card that will come around that budget ?

EDIT : What will you say about this : http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np550p5c-s05in-laptop-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdhwrq5xguxyvz

Can i get anything better in this price range ?

Edited by NeCrOmOrPh

I'm thinking a 640m or a 650m will work in my budget. How do you think it will fare on something like BF4 at low-mid settings. Any better card that will come around that budget ?

nVidia GT740M or AMD HD8370M or better, they both fall in your budget.

The GT640M is an older generation card. So try to avoid it if possible. For more on mobile GPU SKU's check this site.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Guys i need help i really want to upgrade my PC so that i can play latest game like Watchdog.

My current specs :-

Intel Core2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
ATI RADEON HD 5670 (1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5670)

MOBO :- Asus P5KPL-AM-PS (Socket 775)

Budget :- 25K

Any help will be very appreciated.

Edited by joken732a

^^ It will be difficult to put in everything in your budget but try for the following,

Intel Core i5 4430

GIGABYTE-B85M-D3H

nVidia GTX650 Ti Boost / GTX660 (or wait for AMD's newer cards)

• Like 1

^^ RAM has to be changed to DDR3. So add that to your shopping list as well.

About the motherboard and processor you have selected they are not the same ones I recommended, they are a generation older.

Finally, the GTX650Ti might not be enough in the long run. So be advised and if possible wait for AMD's R6 / R7 refresh line-up of cards later this month or early next month to show up.

sorry i misread your earlier post.

MOBO :- http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b85-d3h-motherboard/p/itmdny2tagm2eryz
Graphic Card :- http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-gtx-650-ti-1gb-1-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdezd6yn6kwa7m
Processor : - http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-ghz-lga1150-4430-i5-4th-generation-processor/p/itmdhsphhnyzmua4?pid=PSRDHSPKGGHJHDAX
RAM :- http://www.flipkart.com/transcend-ddr3-1333-ddr3-4-gb-pc-ram-jm1333kln-4g/p/itmd2rypzczsv8e7?pid=RAMD2RYPSWYFFUSM&

btw graphic card you recommended requires 450 W i have currently Corsair CMPSU-400CXUK 400W Power Supply i dont need to upgrade my PSU?

if yes which PSU should i get and can you give me flipkart link.

Edited by joken732a

^^ How old is the SMPS you have currently. If it is the original CX series model (~3 -->5 years old), no need to worry about it.

Also, consider saving up a little more and going for the refreshed AMD cards (R7 / R6 series) or nVidia's GTX660. The GTX650Ti will not last two years for gaming on 1080p.

^^ How old is the SMPS you have currently. If it is the original CX series model (~3 -->5 years old), no need to worry about it.

Also, consider saving up a little more and going for the refreshed AMD cards (R7 / R6 series) or nVidia's GTX660. The GTX650Ti will not last two years for gaming on 1080p.

I bought it 2-3 years ago costed me that time aroud 4-5 K.

Yeah i will probably wait and trouble you 1 more time after AMD launch those card :)

out of curiosity just asking if i drop GTX650Ti and go for nVidia's GTX660 will i have to upgrade my PSU?

thanks for fast reply.

Definitely hold off on buying any current gen GPU on the market. Either wait for AMD or nVidia's newer cards. They are so close to launch. Couple months of early gaming might not be worth the trade off. You may even not need to upgrade your PSU.

thnx to the PC twerker :cheers:

i was in stealth mode couple of months back n his inputs on this topic helped me finalise a gaming rig...

cheers :drunk:

Sure thing Sire. Cheerio and Happy gaming.