The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

^^Lol are they even allowed to use characters like batman in Nagraj comics :giggle:

Btw just finished reading a few The smurfs comics and ordered a couple more from Flipkart.

Really awesome comics! :P

These were among the earliest of Raj Comics, IIRC, early nineties. And nobody bothered about copyright then, let alone in India. Plus the inclusion of Supes, Batman etc. and their eventual saving by Nagraj & SCD was a pretty smart move to increase their audience base. And still the Raj comics till mid 2k are awesome, after that it's pure crap based on movies and what not.

Feel like reading them all over again :wub: :wub:

Pratishod ki Jwala, Roman Hatyara, Kiriga Ka Kahar, Chumba Samrat, Chumba ka Chakravyuh, Nagraj aur Bugaku, Thodanga, Grand Master Robo, Khuni Khilaune, Awaaz ki Tabahi (f**king epic), Nagraj aur SCD, Kalyug etc etc. I can go on and on. :P

These were among the earliest of Raj Comics, IIRC, early nineties. And nobody bothered about copyright then, let alone in India. Plus the inclusion of Supes, Batman etc. and their eventual saving by Nagraj & SCD was a pretty smart move to increase their audience base. And still the Raj comics till mid 2k are awesome, after that it's pure crap based on movies and what not.

Feel like reading them all over again :wub: :wub:

Pratishod ki Jwala, Roman Hatyara, Kiriga Ka Kahar, Chumba Samrat, Chumba ka Chakravyuh, Nagraj aur Bugaku, Thodanga, Grand Master Robo, Khuni Khilaune, Awaaz ki Tabahi (f**king epic), Nagraj aur SCD, Kalyug etc etc. I can go on and on. :P

Have you read Mahabali Shakha.Its pretty good too.

But IMHO the phantom(vetaal) pwns all comics out there :wOOtjumpy:

Have you read Mahabali Shakha.Its pretty good too.

But IMHO the phantom(vetaal) pwns all comics out there :wOOtjumpy:

Read both of them. Betaal (and not Vetaal :chair:) is pretty awesome too. But IMO there's nobody better than Nagraj or SCD. Or Parmanu or Ashwaraj or Bhokal or Doga or Shakti or Fighter Toads or Bankelal or Gojo (dunno why they stopped making comics on him :rant:) :fear:

I pretty much live and breathe Raj Comics. :P

My mom loves Betaal though. She used to read them as a child (yeah, Betaal is that old). Also Nandan, Champak & ChandaMama. :P

Edited by Kaamwali Bai

Read both of them. Betaal (and not Vetaal :chair:) is pretty awesome too. But IMO there's nobody better than Nagraj or SCD. Or Parmanu or Ashwaraj or Bhokal or Doga or Shakti or Fighter Toads or Bankelal or Gojo (dunno why they stopped making comics on him :rant:) :fear:

I pretty much live and breathe Raj Comics. :P

My mom loves Betaal though. She used to read them as a child (yeah, Betaal is that old). Also Nandan, Champak & ChandaMama. :P

Lol.Well my favorite is Tintin :P

^^ But Betaal was available before 99.99% of the forum members were even born. (As expected, you excluded :P). And the stories are pretty nice too.

Raj comics had awesome stories till mid 2k when they suddenly went on a massive orgy with hollywood scripts. Instant quality dip. :|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just pulled an all-nighter with Batman: Knightfall 1 & 2. Still f**king epic ! Batman vs The Joker and then Bane breaking Batman are probably the best moments of the whole series. :majesty:

I can find Knightsend on FK but what about Knightquest ? Seems it hasn't been collected into a TPB till now. :|

Where would I start with the Punisher?

Start with Garth Ennis' Punisher run. Then move on to the grittier MAX series. You'll find collected volumes for each.

Start here: http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Vol-Welcome-Back-Frank/dp/0785107835

http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Vol-Army-One/dp/0785108394/ref=pd_sim_b_6

http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Vol-Business-Usual/dp/0785110143/ref=pd_sim_b_11

And then continue with the MAX series starting with:

http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-MAX-Vol-1-Beginning/dp/0785113916/ref=pd_sim_b_1

You can also skip directly to MAX. But you'll miss out on some great stories.

Edited by Tyler

• 2 weeks later...
^^ But Betaal was available before 99.99% of the forum members were even born. (As expected, you excluded ). And the stories are pretty nice too.

I loved Phantom aka The Ghost who walks. Diamond comics had lot of official Phantom comics translated in Hindi along with James Bond and Spider-Man.