IGC 2012

genesis

Jeez, they have hoardings and stuff to support this, man if it turns out an honest true tourney then there will be a lot of hurt people right on this thread.

Though I still find it VERY hard to trust in it.

Jeez, they have hoardings and stuff to support this, man if it turns out an honest true tourney then there will be a lot of hurt people right on this thread.

Though I still find it VERY hard to trust in it.

No one will be hurt because the criticisms would still stand. Even if they somehow pull it off, this is still a horrible way to organize a tournament.

err no I did not mean it that way, what I meant was that a lot of the capable people are right here, but they are not going because of the way the organizers are handling this. This is really sad.

It is like organizing IPL but not caring for the national players <_<

err no I did not mean it that way, what I meant was that a lot of the capable people are right here, but they are not going because of the way the organizers are handling this. This is really sad.

It is like organizing IPL but not caring for the national players <_<

I have more doubts about the international awareness,

soddy management & blind dumb incoherent fanboys are giving us a bad name.

The rule are already booby,

I got this American guy's message:

"If IGC is legit , i will come there and keep "Random Select" as my main character to show everyone how free they are "

<_<

err no I did not mean it that way, what I meant was that a lot of the capable people are right here, but they are not going because of the way the organizers are handling this.

They are claiming to have a second one in September.

If the tourney was in Mumbai/Pune I would have surely given it a check ..

And the timing of tourney is pretty bad .. Colleges/schools have final exams during April .

Tourney should have been in May/June

They are calling it as an expo but no companies have registered for it .. Wtf :rofl:

There are expos in my town .. The shops get pre booked a month prior :lol:

Wow. This is how they appproach a media outlet to help promote a gaming event

Hi,

Enclosed please find information on the India Gaming carnival .

India Gaming carnival is a carnival with something for every member of the family to look forward it, there are a lot of mini events within the event. There will be a food festival going on within the carnival with culinary delights from all around the country on offer and at the event we would also have the famed One Page CookBook Chef and Writer - "Ramki"

There is a Costume Play (Cosplay) event as well at the venue which will mark the opening of the event wherein boys and girls will be professionally dressed as their favorite game, animal and comic character. The opening ceremony will be done by chosen professional Cosplayers who will also perform acts of their chosen characters. .

The closing ceremony on 8th April will involve renowned artist Lehmber Hussainpuri from UK.

In addition there would be performances every day by category ‘A’ Artists - Honey Singh on 6th april and Mehsopuria on 7th April.

There also launched a competition for aspiring guitarists, where in out of 50 shortlisted guitarists who will be auditioned at the venue; 10 will be given the stage to perform and based on the judges decisions the winner will get Rs. 1 Lakh in cash

Ya, no details on the gaming events themselves. Instead they have chefs, artists, musicians and cosplay.

^^ We are already the laughing stock of the world , the intl teams all think its a scam and the stupid responses these people are giving isnt helping either .

If it turns out Legit then missed opportunity for them i guess lol , money going here is definitely a lot.

Indian Gaming Carnival – the most hyped gaming event of all time. We’ve been hearing mixed stories about the event since we first got to know about it. At first, it seemed like a big step for Indian gaming scenario, promising a huge platform with enormous prizes. The event caught attraction of International gamers as well. Top teams like SK, NaVi showed interest too. It looked like this is the moment India’s been waiting for. But wait, this is where all the good news end.

There have been numerous questions raised by both Indian as well as international gamers on certainty of the event. People have been posting various things on different forums, Facebook pages showing why IGC is nothing but scam. This, our team at TheGameMinistry, decided to go to the core of the matter and find out what’s the truth IGC. And after all these investigations, we think the questions raised about the certainty of the event might be valid.

Today (Monday 02-April-12), we decided to visit the venue and check out how’s the preparations. We were quite positive and excited to visit the venue few days before such a huge revolution. But, as soon as the car stopped at the main gate, all our excitement turned into mere anger. We were greeted by few guards who stopped us and didn’t allow us to enter the venue. When asked what’s the reason, the guard said : “There’s no event here”. For about 2 minutes, we were shocked. Furiously, we enquired the guard about the event. The guard told us that the event has been cancelled due to some disputes between WTF Events and Ayatti Caparo Center. Since we were not allowed to enter the venue, we requested the guard to call one of the officials at the venue and let us talk to him. He agreed and the official told us :

The event has been cancelled. There’s no confirmation about the event from our side. WTF Events paid us an advance cheque and it bounced. Until now, no money has been paid to us and therefore there’s no event from our side.

They even had a notice at the main gate saying (Clearly seen in the picture below) ” No entry to any person or material from WTF Events and Genext.”

WhcMi.jpg

And let us tell you, there’s not even a single event poster/hoarding outside or inside the venue. Absolutely no sign at all. No one can tell there’s gonna be massive gaming event in 3 days.

All this leaves us to one question. What the hell is really happening? We are not against the event but we are here to make the people aware of what’s genuine and what’s not. If the event happens, it’s gonna be great revolution in Indian gaming, but if not, who’s to blame?

Let’s just hope the organizers figure out something before 6th April and no one goes home disappointed.

erodov

Archived