Halo 4

Bulovski

343 Industries' Frank O' Connor is a busy man, he has been answering almost to all fans questions after the release of first Halo 4 footage. On NeoGaf, Frank O' Connor revealed some new details about the much awaited shooter.

The first thing Frank O' Connor confirmed is about native 720p for Halo 4. He further added that Halo 4 won't make use of any technology from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

"It shares no engine tech with Anniversary. Almost every single system, audio, rendering, lighting, you name it, has been either radically overhauled or rewritten from the ground up. At this point saying it’s based on a previous version of the engine basically speaks to a few pieces of code."

The next thing O'Connor talked was about Perks in Halo 4. On this topic, here is what Frank O' Connor has to say.

"I’ve responded to it a couple of times. There aren’t ‘perks’ in the game as being described here. And classic Halo is still there. But there are things we will be rolling out soon to put all of this discussion in a much better perspective and I suspect calm frayed nerves. …We didn’t mention them. That’s why I put it in quotes. That term was coined by someone else to interpret stuff they saw in the UI. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and to be expected during announce fervor. And yes, it’s partly our fault since we re rolling out more information about this stuff at a later time."

Lastly Frank O' Connor said, the development team are very much aware that the first Halo 4 footage features some shutter and bugs, but it will be fixed for final Halo 4 product.

"It’s a video of very early footage. There are LOTS of bugs and work in progress in that footage. We do not intend to ship with them."

Wtf Halo tfs :doh:

WTF :eyepop: , it's TPS bro get the facts right first :doh:

Please run away from the thread before I haunt and behead you :P

Everyone is entitled to their opinion , blasted fanboys think they own the copyrights to the game :boxing:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion , blasted fanboys think they own the copyrights to the game :boxing:

Yeah everyone is entitled to his opinion but atleast give a proper justification to support your claim instead of giving childish lame suggestions like U want to see shiny armor suit :rofl:

lol

i agree with zodak on graphics.

but the music is :punk:

one thing i hate about halo is u cant scope with main rifle gun.

If U want scope or iron sight pick up any other fps in the market .

99% of the fps have those features ..

That's the only thing which makes Halo unique and the best fps series ever made :bigyellowgrin:

So much for a typo :doh:

So on your keyboard " f " and " p " are near each other , a typo is when you accidentally press some key near to the one you want , what you did sir was getting facts wrong

Yeah everyone is entitled to his opinion but atleast give a proper justification to support your claim instead of giving childish lame suggestions like U want to see shiny armor suit :rofl:

Anyway , i put it in layman noob terms , i would like to see halo supporting both FP & TP Camera's so it can appeal to some people like me who want a TP View , skyrim did that how hard is it to implement it in the game , who would you want a detailed justification are you a dev who will apply my thoughts , you just are a person who trolls to make yourself look good with comments like above trying to turn down a valid point without no proper non flaming reply that corrects my wrongs

Forums used to be proper back in the day where each opinion was respected & if wrong corrected properly without the lols , nowadays it seems people just want to make some random jokes & increase their post count to 3000 or so to look like a respected member without any actual knowledge on how the gaming community should work

Disgraceful

So on your keyboard " f " and " p " are near each other , a typo is when you accidentally press some key near to the one you want , what you did sir was getting facts wrong

Anyway , i put it in layman noob terms , i would like to see halo supporting both FP & TP Camera's so it can appeal to some people like me who want a TP View , skyrim did that how hard is it to implement it in the game , who would you want a detailed justification are you a dev who will apply my thoughts , you just are a person who trolls to make yourself look good with comments like above trying to turn down a valid point without no proper non flaming reply that corrects my wrongs

Forums used to be proper back in the day where each opinion was respected & if wrong corrected properly without the lols , nowadays it seems people just want to make some random jokes & increase their post count to 3000 or so to look like a respected member without any actual knowledge on how the gaming community should work

Disgraceful

Ok dude listen this is a FPS not an RPG, you'd basically have to write two different gameplay engines running in tandem to support something like that in a shooter because tps and fps have very varied mechanics and if you knew an ounce about gaming you would know that.. So please stop making sh*t agruements...

@nitroneo, TP in skryim doesn't work that well in combat. Its good for exploration, but very clunky to use in combat. But it might not be so noticeable and easy to overlook in an RPG, where you don't need that much of accuracy in combat mechanics. But in shooter games, acuuracy matters, and its very hard to make a game with both TPS and FPS. That's why most devs choose to go for TP in FPS games only under certain sections like taking cover (RS:V games) or cut scenes. Giving a camera option to switch between TP and FP is too much of work I would assume (although I'm no dev). Hence, during the initial phases of game design itself the devs decide if the game has to be either TPS or FPS. Halo has traditionally been FPS, no reason to switch it to TP.

Iron sights, I don't know....too long since i played halo 3. Can't comment if it'll affect the experience.

BTW guys, is there any good online source to read up on the events of halo wars/halo reach and halo:odst ? I haven't played any halo after halo 3.

Guys, Is the Halo series worth buying for its single player campaign? Have never played a Halo game n am about to source all the previous games from Amazon.......So are they worth buying for the single player campaign/story.

Guys, Is the Halo series worth buying for its single player campaign? Have never played a Halo game n am about to source all the previous games from Amazon.......So are they worth buying for the single player campaign/story.

Well, Halo:CE SP is awesome, halo 2 not so much (you play as a alien dude most of the time, which I didn't like) halo 3 is good, but some of the levels are a PITA to complete.

@nitroneo, TP in skryim doesn't work that well in combat. Its good for exploration, but very clunky to use in combat. But it might not be so noticeable and easy to overlook in an RPG, where you don't need that much of accuracy in combat mechanics. But in shooter games, acuuracy matters, and its very hard to make a game with both TPS and FPS. That's why most devs choose to go for TP in FPS games only under certain sections like taking cover (RS:V games) or cut scenes. Giving a camera option to switch between TP and FP is too much of work I would assume (although I'm no dev). Hence, during the initial phases of game design itself the devs decide if the game has to be either TPS or FPS. Halo has traditionally been FPS, no reason to switch it to TP.

Iron sights, I don't know....too long since i played halo 3. Can't comment if it'll affect the experience.

BTW guys, is there any good online source to read up on the events of halo wars/halo reach and halo:odst ? I haven't played any halo after halo 3.

one of the main reason for no iron sights in halo is at it's core it's a very fast paced arcade shooter.. The inclusion of iron sights will significantly slow down the pace thus effectively ruining halo

to catch up on everything halo in detail check out the halo wikia

Archived