Resistance Fom / 2 / 3 Servers taken down by Sony, Long Live the King, the King is dead

I have been an avid gamer since the age of 12. i have been gaming since 18 years now and i have been many ups and downs in life in between.

But gaming has made my mind better , focused and sharp. Obviously there are a few drawbacks but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Now, i have been playing Resistance 3, since its inception 3 years back. I played MW2 online, MW3, BF3, KZ3, UC3, but none of them impressed me. They were super slow in matchmaking, and down right atrocious in the time it takes to start a multiplayer match.

Resistance 3 on the other hand was super fast , matchmaking. Sometimes it only took about 3-4 seconds to a multiplayer match to start. and max it took about 10 seconds.

The gameplay was awesome, its a shame that not too many people played it. but it was a heck of a game. And Sony pulling the plug on an Exclusive title only after 3 years is shocking. and i request the people here to sign up to the petition.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/quot-Signed-quot-if-you-want-Sony-to-reopen-Resistance-3-server/td-p/43327688

Also take a look at some of my gameplay screenshots, and screenshots of my last round in it.

2014-04-07012637_zpsf80c82fb.jpg[/url]

2014-04-07012725_zpse820ad71.jpg[/url]

2014-04-07012735_zps4e6d9374.jpg[/url]

2014-04-07031527_zps4532fb6d.jpg[/url]

I could understand R1 and 2 but 3 had a online pass. Its scummy as f**k to shut that one down. Same sh*t when EA/MS/whoever else does that. If you are charging for MP then you keep your end of the bargain.

Although I imagine it impacts probably a few hundred people at best but its still poor form. Couldnt have cost that much to keep those servers up.

I could understand R1 and 2 but 3 had a online pass. Its scummy as f**k to shut that one down. Same sh*t when EA/MS/whoever else does that. If you are charging for MP then you keep your end of the bargain.

Although I imagine it impacts probably a few hundred people at best but its still poor form. Couldnt have cost that much to keep those servers up.

Lol, you wouldnt believe that there were 5 people who paid for an online pass on 7th april after buying resistance 3.

Even till 8th, you could buy Resistance 3 online pass. this is a blatant cash grab. and it has pissed off a lot of people in the community

They announced that servers are going to shut down about 7-8 months ago. In this day and age no one mouth feeds. Its buyers fault to buy online passes after announcement or else the buyer might have thought of trying the online play before game shuts down at least for a few days.

They announced that servers are going to shut down about 7-8 months ago. In this day and age no one mouth feeds. Its buyers fault to buy online passes after announcement or else the buyer might have thought of trying the online play before game shuts down at least for a few days.

Do you even play resistance 3?? did you ever play it???

NO . cuz i know all the people who did. and i dont remember u there at all.

They NEVER formally annouced they would shut it down, only until it was 2nd of march that the forums officially annouced it. they only gave 30 day notice ON FORUMS. ROFLMAO

it was not mentioned on PSN Store, or Sony Blog or SEN Network , or even on their MYRESISTANCE website.

They NEVER formally annouced they would shut it down, only until it was 2nd of march that the forums officially annouced it. they only gave 30 day notice ON FORUMS. ROFLMAO

^^

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/06/sony-to-shut-down-multiplayer-severs-for-grand-turismo-5-resistance-series/

Posted - Monday, 6th January 2014

&

Official forum link

One more

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?53989-Resistance-trilogy-servers-going-down

^^ Jan - 27 2014

Thats what i am saying they didnt FORMALLY announced it on websites or twitter. It was all rumours from gaming magazines about a shutdown on 28th march. THAT DIDNT HAPPEN.

instead they shut it down on 8th APRIL, abruptly, for no f**king reason, no warning and no notices beforehand. :D

28th march date was a rumour and false. and it didnt happen.

Do you even play resistance 3?? did you ever play it???

NO . cuz i know all the people who did. and i dont remember u there at all.

it was not mentioned on PSN Store, or Sony Blog or SEN Network , or even on their MYRESISTANCE website.

I never played and but even i knew it. If you play it you should atleast know it, even wiki pages of resistance, Socom, mag and GT5 are updated a long time ago that servers are being shut down.

oldest news i could find but i think it was announced few months before that

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/03/13/armored-core-v-servers-shutting-down-on-march-20th/

I never played and but even i knew it. If you play it you should atleast know it, even wiki pages of resistance, Socom, mag and GT5 are updated a long time ago that servers are being shut down.

oldest news i could find but i think it was announced few months before that

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/03/13/armored-core-v-servers-shutting-down-on-march-20th/

You Sir are the biggest dumbweed I have seen around here. First you say it was announced 7 months ago. Now you post some article from kat fragging month. How is that 7 months old? And that also from unofficial source.

Wow. EPIC fail. I swear to god if you played any resistance game ever. You would know that I run the resistance community at mares, Facebook and in charge of petition. Be useful rather then trolling on a thread instead of helping.

Ur like one of the noobs playing g r3 with demo and nades. Go hide in shades

You Sir are the biggest dumbweed I have seen around here. First you say it was announced 7 months ago. Now you post some article from kat fragging month. How is that 7 months old? And that also from unofficial source.

Wow. EPIC fail. I swear to god if you played any resistance game ever. You would know that I run the resistance community at mares, Facebook and in charge of petition. Be useful rather then trolling on a thread instead of helping.

Ur like one of the noobs playing g r3 with demo and nades. Go hide in shades

Very nice treatment for just telling you the info. and I am the troller here :doh:

I said that is the oldest info i can get now just by googleing once. That is news for armoured core servers bing shut down, Resistance servers news was posted long before. Think about it, if that news was talking about resistance Resistance would be in headlines, not some cult game Armored core. In the beginning they announced that they will shut down on March 28th, but somehow got shifted to April. The unofficial sources dont post news on there own(except IGN), they will post only after confirmation from sony. I just happen to follow PSL so i posted their news. it was even updated in Resistance wiki page in 2013 only.

and I never played resistance and never will, that doesnt mean i dont know any news about the game. It is PS exclusive and i hear about it in all PS websites i visit. and i posted the news because you are claiming that sony shut down without any notification.

If you run resistance community, you should know the news beforehand and post a petition earlier before server are shut down. Then it would have made some sense.

PSL is rather small website check other big website like destructoid also posted the news.

http://www.destructoid.com/online-features-for-gt5-resistance-games-being-dropped-268072.phtml

Sad when sh*t like this happens. Am just glad PC gaming allows private servers , So online games never die. Perhaps when a PS3 emulator is out , it might be possible

i still play tekken 3 (1997 game ) of PS1 online sometimes and can easily find a few number of players..

Archived