The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Karooo

Just giving my thoughts on the game

why u always butt hurt?? :bigyellowgrin:

i take issue when someone proposes bringing in the influence of sh*t games into actually good games.

You can always drag the skeleton away from the gate.

don't think you can drag dragon skeletons, or can you? in any case, they seem to have a life of their own. they just start rolling around on their own and can travel quite a distance. it's funny and creepy.

only drawback is that its so awesome on PC, that you will forget everything..your family,friends nd work..everything.....

Noted. :P

Anything else?

Is this better played with a controller or mouse/keyboard? I remember a lot of bitching when the game released that the controls (item/menu layout?) sucked

Controller....FTW.....

Update the game with latest 1.3 patch..Don't worry abt the bugs, specially on PC as modders and ingame console commands are there to help you :dwarf: ...You don't have to wait for a official patch like poor console gamers :rofl: .....

Edited by .Zodak.

What i meant was something more then just swinging weapons

There are games out there which have some cool stuff going on you know.....that would have made combat a bit more interesting

There are plenty of cool finishing animations to your fights. Plus, power attacks are different and have different effect, based on which direction you move while pulling off the power attack

Noted. :P

Anything else?

Is this better played with a controller or mouse/keyboard? I remember a lot of bitching when the game released that the controls (item/menu layout?) sucked

The UI is tailor-made for a controller. It's pretty annoying to navigate with a keyboard/mouse.

What are power attacks??

:wallbash:

All of your opinions and comments so far on the combat in Skyrim have been invalidated.

Tap the attack button (RT/LT) for a normal attack. Hold them down for power attacks. Power attacks take longer to pull off, cause immense damage and drain stamina.

You can always drag the skeleton away from the gate

I have no issues that its there, its not blocking anything. But, it being present there will result in some increase in my save game file size, which is a bad thing for PS3 gamers. The more objects there are lying around, the more is the save file size. Atleast thats what people say, so I dont want to take any chances.

Guys check this out

Skyrim mod improves perfomance up to 40%

This patch will improve your frame rate by up to 40% in all CPU-dependent situations, i.e. especially in cities.

It works mostly by rewriting some x87 FPU code and inlining a whole ton of useless getter functions along the critical paths because the developers at Bethesda, for some reason, compiled the game without using any of the optimization flags for release builds.

those who tested it

Originally Posted by ShaunBRS: View Post

Can confirm the same here, 10–15 fps boost in and around cities, possibly elsewhere too.

Originally Posted by alysonwheel: View Post

Weak CPU here (e7200). Definite, huge improvement. Minimum FPS in Markath is now 26 up from 15ish, generally over 35. Just did a quick tour of all the cities, and all the problem ones are way smoother now.

(Will probably be even better when I load Skyrim to actually play it, without loads of Flash bullshit and Tweetdeck in the background.)

Originally Posted by ShyGuy0504: View Post

This worked for me. I went from 25-30 fps to 38-45 fps in Whiterun.

Originally Posted by rohlfinator: View Post

I just tested it in Markarth and I went from averaging 20-30 fps (in the worst areas) to 35-40 fps. If this keeps up in other parts of the game, it's probably my favorite mod so far.

Modders do what Bethesdon't. :/

Try it in Markarth or Riverwood -- I guess those two are the most notorious problem areas.

Originally Posted by Durante: View Post

I get a significant FPS improvement in cities with the patch.

I can't believe Bethesda compiled without optimization flags. If full optimization results in some kind of problem with their code base (and I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt on that, even Bethsoft wouldn't disable optimizations for no reason at all) then there has to be a better way to deal with it. Either fix the problem or at least move the offending code to a separate translation unit and only compile that without optimization.

Holy sh*t.

tesvwhiterunbeforecsjas.jpg

tesvwhiterunafterupj2p.jpg

Edited by SRINI87

Ok... so the soundtrack of Skyrim is f**king epic and I feel I need to post something about it.

So I started with a new character a couple of days back. Reached the first dragon fight in the main quest. I'm still level 5 (or is it 8? don't remember) as I'm tackling the main quest before anything else.

I'm attempting this quest in the dark and as soon as the motherf**ker appears I hide and wait for the guards to handle him. My character is a pure destruction and conjuration Redguard (yeah, I know Redguards hate conjuration - I'm being a hipster) named Hussain Obama. I have pretty f**king epic beard too.

So I hide from the dragon praying that my stealth does not break. And I wait, and wait... and slowly sneak out. The dragon's still hacking away the guards. I sneak closer, being really careful. But then the f**ker notices me and this goddamn music starts playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q8GzIEjyDQ

And I don't see the dragon, I don't see this vile motherf**king beast who has the potential to gorge my guts out with a fingernail. All I could see was what would become of Tamriel if I failed to stop the dragon and other dragons and the world eater with his uber dragon army and their inexorable march bearing down on everything living until they submit to their new dragon overlords.

And then I stand, look the f**ker in the eyes while I conjured a sword. With the sword in one hand and flames in other I rush. Tonight I will splash my mead with dragon blood. I rush towards the motherf**ker. I flail my sword and unleash the flames gobbling potions whenever I could. I don't give up, don't cave in. I continue to hit the thing, hard, really f**king hard until I blow his balls off and then I devour his soul.

I am the goddamn Dragonborn.

Felt, really good man.

• Like 1