PS3 heats up alot

krut

My ps3 heats up a lot and the fans make a lot of noise.This only happens when i play uncharted 3 and arkham asylum.

I have recently replaced my ps3 brand new.What to do..how to solve this?

Its 320 gb and its lies horizontal..Please help.

Just before 5 mins i played arkham asylum and when i touched it it was super hot!

I don't play like 24 hours only like 2-3 hours at a stretch,i think thats normal for a ps3.

This is NOT normal for any ps3 slim or phat.

i keep my ps3 vertical, in a well ventilated area, i keep the ceiling fan on while i play.

Tips-

keep your ps3 in a dust free (as much as possible), well ventilated, cool environment.

i recommend keeping it vertical aswell (Greater surface area of the console exposed to cool external air)

make sure there is nothing near the vents on the system.

Keep it on a flat surface like a desk/table- NOT on carpet.

Id recommend checking for dust accumulation in your unit and cleaning it out (cant help you there, dont know how to go about that)

As of right now your ps3 IS working, so DONT use it untill you clean it out- you dont want to fry it.

Try keep the bottom ventillated. I keep it on game cases, kept below PS3 only on the end, so its elevated from the bottom and air can flow. I faced this same issue you are saying, it happens in summer time due to excess heat. After keeping it ventillated, I haven't faced that issue.

I mean playing like 2-3 hours was normal or not.

Yea dust is a problem.I live by the river side and also there is construction going on so dust is really the problem but i keep it well covered.

Yea the table is pretty stuffed may be its one of the problem..

I just turn it off when starts making noises,it starts doing that after 30 mins or so..its really irritating.

I have kept it connected with my my tv now i have connected my tv with the computer so its like three in one tv,computer,ps3 so many switches are turned on.I think there is lot of electricity supply passing through so is that a possible reason?

Manaseater: Thank you bro for your tips

edit:Thanks rosh will try that too :)!

^The supply is not a problem, ventillation and dust is. Make sure there is nothing behind the PS3 where the PS3 vents are. Make sure its not near the wall from behind, so that air can vent out freely.

Also, below pic shows how I keep my PS3:

ps3c.png

Its kept on two game cases as shown. The two small rectangles are game cases (you can keep any two objects which are of similar size, so that the PS3 remains perfectly horizontal, hence no chance of Bluray disk crashing)

I switched off the computer and then played ps3.

I kept game covers underneath..now there is no loud noise but it still remains hot.

Earlier the ps3 was fully hot but now only 50% hot i mean only the backside remains hot and the front is somewhat normal.

Hot is like boiling hot here!

^Don't touch, it will always feel hot. Just check the noise fan generates. Keeping game cases under it allows sufficient ventillation and the fans will not run on full speeds and no noise will be created. I started using this since last summer when fan started making too much noise. Now it runs fine.

Its a slim version so i made it stand vertical.Is vertical better or i do what you have shown in the pic?

I think I'd better turn on the A.C

But what worries me is that after like 10 mins its not just hot,its literally boiling hot bro..like you can fry a egg.And its only been 3 months.This is the only thing which worries me.

I am new to console gaming so i don't know how these things work,I got a hdtv and I removed the yellow,red,white cord combo and i have kept only the HDMI cord.Is that okay if i only keep the hdmi cord or i also need to plug in the three cords?I have only plugged in the HDMI cord.

^HDMI is enough.

Its a slim version so i made it stand vertical.Is vertical better or i do what you have shown in the pic?

AFAIK, slim version requires some special stand to make it stand vertically, so dont do that unless you are sure. If you have AC, then turn it on. It seems its really hot there. My PS3 gets hot, but fan doesn't go upto full speed, so not that hot.

It stands perfectly.I have to make it vertical as there is not enough space in my room.

Now i searched google and it says sony recommends for a vertical stand..now its just a plastic stand nothing special do i really need to spend 1000 bucks for that?

:|

my ps3 slim stands vertically without any additional base-

there are no small children that run around here so its no big deal, and the table doesnt wobble- its stable as long as you dont bump it.

No matter the weather the ps3 will get WARM not HOT. If its HOT that you cant touch it, that ps3 is in danger!!

but experts say horizontal placing is better, dunno why,

Fear of it falling due to some bump, fear of disks being scratched are some of the reasons I heard. I am not really used to swapping disks vertically.

Fear of it falling due to some bump, fear of disks being scratched are some of the reasons I heard. I am not really used to swapping disks vertically.

I have kept it vertical ever since I bought it, been years, never scratched even a single disc, ever

the 360 on the other hand :doh:

Archived