Arkham City Sequel will be a Silver Age Prequel

Variety has learned that WBIE (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) is set to introduce members of the Justice League of America in the next installment of Rocksteady's Batman series.

The entertainment trade magazine reports that the much-anticipated sequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will, in fact, be a prequel centred on Batman's first meeting with his arch-nemesis The Joker. Stylistically, it's said to be based on the Silver Age era of DC's comicbooks, dating from the 1950s, when Batman first team up with other iconic DC heroes, like Superman and The Flash, establishing the Justice League of America.

Variety claims this is part of a conscious effort by Warner Bros. to expose audiences to the Justice League of America, as it ramps up production on a JLA movie. The Silver Age JLA typically consisted of 7 heroes: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman.

wOOtjumpy.gif

I think AC and AA makes for a well contained series on its own and its time to move on to something different. But at the same time not something completely different either. This will let them change things up enough to make it feel fresh again.

So, I like this idea. But it worries me a little that its being done for the movie rather than for creative development reasons. Still, after 2 stellar games, Rocksteady has earned my trust.

Also 2014? So next gen?

nice 1 although dunno which batman it is, earth-1 or 2?

this will surely be epic considering rocksteady's work with AA & AC, lets bring on the joker, injustice gang, secret society of supervillians & legion of doom

hope this thing features most of the heroes n villians of DCU during the silver age

EDIT:- first meeting with the Joker!! plzz.........tell me its going to feature the Killing Joke story arc :wOOtjumpy:

I think AC and AA makes for a well contained series on its own and its time to move on to something different. But at the same time not something completely different either. This will let them change things up enough to make it feel fresh again.

So, I like this idea. But it worries me a little that its being done for the movie rather than for creative development reasons. Still, after 2 stellar games, Rocksteady has earned my trust.

Also 2014? So next gen?

The ending of Arkham City had a very interesting setup. I'd love to see how the villains (and heroes) of Gotham react to what happened. They could make something interesting out of that.

Not to mention, bringing in Justice League .. is confusing. If Batman hasn't even met Joker, this is VERY early in the mythos. The game won't be so full of villains or just random mythos stuff like AC was. I always thought Justice League was formed after the heroes and villains were well established.

Also, if Justice League was there, where were they during the events of these two games?

*tears of joy*

CANNOT WAIT. Been playing Lego Batman 2, which features like every DC character out there and just loving that game. Every DC fan must try it.

This game would be EPIC.

Dont want toooo much bosses because bosses were way too easy in batman AC

Open world and awesome boss fights all i want!! :wOOtjumpy:

Still Boss fights are much needed break from fighting inmates every now and then. Got so bored fighting with them in both the games. Only down side i can think of in both the game.

We just need our epic Batman again ... He's Enough to kick some big butts .. Why the hell do we want the whole bunch super heroes ..

AA and AC Rocked .. Simply loved it .. don't care if it is prequel or sequel .. :batman:

Archived