Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning

tridenthawk

now the developers have started locking out the Offline story of the game too. that is really bad...

hoping that the next Playstation doesnt do this. let M$ do anything they want... me fan of sony likaa bauss B)

Even if the 1st party does not apply that,the 3rd party will do it.

now the this game has found out a solid way for offline system,its matter of time before others follow.

they might also increase the price of the online pass if u r buying 2nd had games.

I dont really like the graphics of this game. It looks so erm.. cartoony. The combat is absolutely fantastic, story and lore seems interesting. But the surroundings are a turn off. It doesn't justify a 2799 price, especially after playing Skyrim.

I dont really like the graphics of this game. It looks so erm.. cartoony. The combat is absolutely fantastic, story and lore seems interesting. But the surroundings are a turn off. It doesn't justify a 2799 price, especially after playing Skyrim.

+100000 graphics are bad..i hate it.. :thumbdown:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning lead designer Ian Frazier has taken a pop at The Elder Scrolls series, saying Big Huge Games’ effort has “upped the bar” in RPG combat.

Ruh roh. Ian Frazier, lead designer on Big Huge Games/38 Studios‘ upcoming Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, has told CVG his game will “take RPGs in a new direction” after pointing out a perceived lack of innovation in the Elder Scrolls series.

“As far as Ken [Rolston, lead designer on Morrowind and Oblivion, now working on Reckoning] competing with his own parallel reality, for him, after Oblivion, I think he was done. Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, they’re all great games, and I think they’re progressively better, but they’re all the same game. It’s not like they’re radically changing with time. I think he wanted to do something new“.

“What can we do to take RPGs in a new direction? With Reckoning, there’s a lot of things we’ve upped the bar on, but the really exciting one was combat: he was just excited to do combat well which, frankly, they didn’t do in the Elder Scrolls series. They have a lot of other strengths, but combat isn’t really their thing“

So tried the demo & wow it was very well done(Killed everyone, n**** be hatin that I stole some peasant clothes)

Loved it, Super Saiyan Stealth Mode, love that 5 chain attack & the thunder sound with it.

:wub: reminds me of DAO, buy :)

Same here. Love the fact that the skill tree allows for mixed classes. The flexibility is nice and the premise looks fun. Don't like the fact that they bunged in an online pass with this too.

I think EA will incorporate online pass in most of their games going further....

First review - OXM gave Reckoning an 8.0 in the latest issue:

+ Amalur is a huge world, full of adventure and interesting locations.

+ Your destiny is yours: you can mix-and-match the game's three classes.

- Blacksmithing isn't very valuable; some repetitive quests; good story that could've been better.

? Why does the game's exaggerated character design look so much like World of Warcraft?

Xbox 360 Magazine Italy - 9.0

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Asura’s Wrath, and NeverDead have all received their first reviews in the February issue of Xbox 360 Mag Italy.

Kingdoms of Alumar fared the best. The magazine gave the title a 9.0/10, saying that it’s a must-have game even if you’re not a fan of RPGs.

German GamePro - 85%

+Good story

+Some touches of Fable but with an adult theme

+Fast combat and tactics

+Massive open world with great diversity in landscape

-Massive camera issues. Lack of overview

-Some low-detail graphics

-Rare boss fights

PSM3 - 7.8 (via GameFAQs; thanks Elyrion X)

"For an RPG it's swift and immediate, capturing a natural flow rarely permitted by the genre's statistical bent."

"Reckoning is remarkably accessible. Skill trees and abilities are easily reset, creating new fighting styles from scratch."

"38 Studios biggest misstep is streamlining the world. Amalur never convinces as a physical place, it's vast world map gradually revealed as a network of tiny conjoined zones. They're pretty enough, but the sheer scale of the world is never seen. Nor is it ever felt. Where Skyrim gives us random dragon attacks and spontaneous outbreaks of magical violence, Amalur is a series of corridors dotted with predetermined bear attacks."

"Verdict - Amalur is a brisk action blast that just happens to last upwards of 50 hours. Not the best world ever built, but a fun place to spend a few weeks."

First review - OXM gave Reckoning an 8.0 in the latest issue:

+ Amalur is a huge world, full of adventure and interesting locations.

+ Your destiny is yours: you can mix-and-match the game's three classes.

- Blacksmithing isn't very valuable; some repetitive quests; good story that could've been better.

? Why does the game's exaggerated character design look so much like World of Warcraft?

Xbox 360 Magazine Italy - 9.0

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Asura's Wrath, and NeverDead have all received their first reviews in the February issue of Xbox 360 Mag Italy.

Kingdoms of Alumar fared the best. The magazine gave the title a 9.0/10, saying that it's a must-have game even if you're not a fan of RPGs.

German GamePro - 85%

+Good story

+Some touches of Fable but with an adult theme

+Fast combat and tactics

+Massive open world with great diversity in landscape

-Massive camera issues. Lack of overview

-Some low-detail graphics

-Rare boss fights

PSM3 - 7.8 (via GameFAQs; thanks Elyrion X)

"For an RPG it's swift and immediate, capturing a natural flow rarely permitted by the genre's statistical bent."

"Reckoning is remarkably accessible. Skill trees and abilities are easily reset, creating new fighting styles from scratch."

"38 Studios biggest misstep is streamlining the world. Amalur never convinces as a physical place, it's vast world map gradually revealed as a network of tiny conjoined zones. They're pretty enough, but the sheer scale of the world is never seen. Nor is it ever felt. Where Skyrim gives us random dragon attacks and spontaneous outbreaks of magical violence, Amalur is a series of corridors dotted with predetermined bear attacks."

"Verdict - Amalur is a brisk action blast that just happens to last upwards of 50 hours. Not the best world ever built, but a fun place to spend a few weeks."

what's the point of copy-pasting entire posts from neogaf?

38 Studios biggest misstep is streamlining the world. Amalur never convinces as a physical place, it's vast world map gradually revealed as a network of tiny conjoined zones. They're pretty enough, but the sheer scale of the world is never seen. Nor is it ever felt. Where Skyrim gives us random dragon attacks and spontaneous outbreaks of magical violence, Amalur is a series of corridors dotted with predetermined bear attacks."

This seals it for me. Not getting the game.

Archived