Paypal

Just wanted to confirm whether is it me who is facing this particular problem or everyone -- Indian paypal does not support Gift (read remittance) to another paypal account holder ? If so then what is the solution of remitting money to another paypal account without attracting paypal's levies + surcharges ?

Saw there was no Paypal related main thread....so created one...where everything paypal can go...

now i already had account in paypal but never used it....just saw today it says confirm purpose code....what is it?? what do i choose?? even i ever use it ...the max i will use it is for some oline shopping here and there....what purpose code u guys gave??

Due to RBI rules you have to put a purpose to withdraw funds :):cheers:

Just wanted to confirm whether is it me who is facing this particular problem or everyone -- Indian paypal does not support Gift (read remittance) to another paypal account holder ? If so then what is the solution of remitting money to another paypal account without attracting paypal's levies + surcharges ?

You cannot send PayPal balance to another PayPal account. It was possible 5-6 months ago ;) You can only send money direct from your bank account now.

• 2 months later...

1000$ question.

i need to buy something from ebay.co.uk

how to get it shipped to SNS UK adress.?

since the seller on ebay will only ship to registered paypal adress.

help me guys.

will rep for any help.

1000$ question.

i need to buy something from ebay.co.uk

how to get it shipped to SNS UK adress.?

since the seller on ebay will only ship to registered paypal adress.

help me guys.

will rep for any help.

kindly approach the seller thru "ask a question" link..

he may help u with it.

• 2 months later...

You cannot send PayPal balance to another PayPal account. It was possible 5-6 months ago ;) You can only send money direct from your bank account now.

You are wrong a little , to send funds from Indian Paypal account you have to add your Credit card to your Paypal account . Remember some debit card may work to verify your Paypal account , but if you want to send funds to someone then you must need your credit card to complete it . Debit card will not work for it .... :) So many rules RBI made now ... lol

Okay, so I need to send around 100$ to a paypal account of a US resident, i have my bank account linked and confirmed to my paypal account, but i don't have any credit card information saved in my paypal account, I don't even have a credit card.

Can i still make this transfer happen? If yes then HOW?

Please Help (anyone with recent transaction experience using paypal).

nope, you can't make paypal payments in india without a credit card. even if someone else with a credit card transferred 100$ to your paypal account, you would not be able to forward that 100$ balance to your friend because indian govt. regulations does not allow paypal balance to be used for anything. your only choice would be to withdraw it into your bank account.

• 3 weeks later...

(i know this is repititve but still need to confirm)...

i have to make a payment to a vendor in france for booking an apartment. the agency has a paypal account.

now to transfer the only option via paypal is to use a credit card? can i link it to my bank account, to transfer money to the agency?

You can only use CC with Paypal AFAIK.

As per RBI mandate, you must provide your PAN card, Purpose code and Indian bank account to paypal to send and receive payments outside India.

For some reason they allowed me to enter the bank details, must be to receive money.

Anyways, trying to list my CC there.

once you list your cc,you will get a code ,that will reflect in that cc transaction,the code is needed for activating your paypal to make payments...

usually that appears within a day or two...but you can ring up and ask your cc customer care also,sometimes they can see that code instantly..just ask them that you made a transaction just now...what it shows there ...i think 4 digit code...

Which CC are you guys using? can anybody shed some light on which CC to be avoided and which CC are economical and have lesser processing fees, hidden charges etc. The only use of CC would be for online shopping, especially importing stuff from US of A, which one to go for ?

Which CC are you guys using? can anybody shed some light on which CC to be avoided and which CC are economical and have lesser processing fees, hidden charges etc. The only use of CC would be for online shopping, especially importing stuff from US of A, which one to go for ?

i use citibank one..though i got other cc's too...never came across any hidden charge as such...dont have much idea about all that processing charge,hiddden charge etc..as far i know they just add the forex charge to a transaction

Archived