Rumor: PS3 Timed Exclusive For Resident Evil 6?

Rumor: PS3 Timed Exclusive For Resident Evil 6

A couple of weeks before Resident Evil 5 was showed off at E3 a few years back reports had emerged that the Capcom-developed game may have become a timed exclusive on the Xbox 360, after Microsoft reportedly offered them a lucrative deal. Well, now, it seems that Sony are willing to do the same, but this time for the game’s yet-to-be-announced successor Resident Evil 6 for the PlayStation 3.

From what I have been told Sony have already reportedly offered Capcom a fee which they are believed to be considering; the deal, if approved by the developer, will see Resident Evil 6 be a PlayStation 3 exclusive for at least half-a-year to a year; the contract is still reportedly under approval by Capcom so the length of the deal has yet to be confirmed.

If the deal is struck by both parties then an E3 reveal is highly likely, and will probably hold the same shock when it was announced Final Fantasy XIII would be going mult-platform. For the time being, this is just a rumor so take it with a pinch of salt but with Microsoft getting all the recent timed exclusivity deals (such as all Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC will arrive on the Xbox 360 first) Sony are looking to bounce back with a bang.

Capcom Global Head of Production Keiji Inafune had last year teased Resident Evil 6 and in doing so hinted at an imminent announcement.

Given the great success that supposed for us Resident Evil 5, we want that Resident Evil 6 leaves as rapidly as possible to the market. In fact, you will shortly have the news of Capcom about this…

source

kasam se yaar asa ho jaye toh majha ajaye...xbox walo ko acha jawab hoga for ff13. :good:

Exclusive or not, I just want RE 6 to be a good game. Thats it.

me too...I read sometime back...Re6 is suppose to be kinda of reboot...it will give us back those re which we all have come to love...though re 4 and 5 were great as a game too ....but i still prefer my old re....kya hota tha... :majesty:

and I want it to be like Lost in nightmares. CO-OP? yes! Scary? yes! Jill Valentine as lead? Hell yes!

kya baat bola....Jill to be the mainc haracter please...one of my favourite female characters of all time....twice i played original re1 taking her...and just once with chris....chris is godo too...but jill is the best...then wesker then chris....

Yes we all got used to it , but its a age old crap technique to make the gameplay difficult.

We have Dead Space also , very much same as RE in terms of combat but atleast u have some movement flexibility while shooting.

I'm not saying make the movement like COD , but some option to move around while aiming a gun is a must in this day n age of gaming.

haha if i can remember Re5 was supposed to be a a ps3 'exclusive' when it was first announced in 2005. Finally when the game was out it was a multiplat and it was much better on the 'other' console :lol:

Archived