The Last of Us

ScrewyAurum

Yea this has to be the most overhyped game I've seen in a long, long time.

:lol:

i only played half the game, yet to play the second half , from what I played .... the atmosphere/gfx/story telling was terrific, but gameplay was a mixed bag .... plan to get back to this game after i complete GTA V ....

I felt that TLoU was better than UC3 at least (UC2 was :majesty:). The graphics, gameplay and the whole atmosphere was very good in TLoU.

When the clickers are first introduced in the game, I was :panic: and took like half an hour to just get past them. Later on, I didn't mind the clickers as much and was more worried about the zombies that could see us

:lol:

i only played half the game, yet to play the second half , from what I played .... the atmosphere/gfx/story telling was terrific, but gameplay was a mixed bag .... plan to get back to this game after i complete GTA V ....

Have you reached winter ??

If not play winter , i'm sure you'll feel the awesomeness of the game..

Best part about ND's game is you start caring about the characters and what happens to them..

Edited by silentassassin

^^ fixed it thanks,

anyway I think some of you misunderstood me , I never said the game is bad, its got some terrific storytelling / gfx and the dystopian zombie atmosphere is spot on. I think very few games can boast of the mature storytelling that 'TLOU' has ....

But I was a little disappointed with the gameplay. Even though its a stealth game, there are times you are forced to indulge in combat, and when you do , its clunky .... being a stealth game, so far, it just played out as a corridor crawler (albeit with wider corridors) .... areas are very small (maybe it was intentional to give the player a sense of claustrophobia) but that doesn't mean i've to like it ! And while the setting screams for a game with choices and exploration, the whole game is heavily scripted .... to give an ex, there's a sequence where i needed to boost Tess to the upper level .... I was just running around on how to do that, when I finally realized, Joel has to stand in a specific location and look at the upper level, and only then the scripted event occurs .... I hate that kind of gameplay !

Edited by Ne0

But I was a little disappointed with the gameplay. Even though its a stealth game, there are times you are forced to indulge in combat, and when you do , its clunky .... being a stealth game, so far, it just played out as a corridor crawler (albeit with wider corridors) .... areas are very small (maybe it was intentional to give the player a sense of claustrophobia) but that doesn't mean i've to like it !

I agree... That was the worst part of the whole game for me. Being forced into combat, and then enemies not spawning/appearing until you triggered an invisible line. Other than that, I found the stealth and enemies to be good and fun.

Have you reached winter ??

If not play winter , i'm sure you'll feel the awesomeness of the game..

Best part about ND's game is you start caring about the characters and what happens to them..

Neo you have'nt played anything yet...

Play more , the game gets better..

+1 to both the above quotes

@neo give it another shot,as the story progresses you'll see what the hype is all about :)

anyway I think some of you misunderstood me , I never said the game is bad, its got some terrific storytelling / gfx and the dystopian zombie atmosphere is spot on. I think very few games can boast of the mature storytelling that 'TLOU' has ....

What's so good about the story? It's entirely predictable and uses all the tropes of the genre.

I think the problem is that you know too much about the game before you actually start to play it. It's a story of these 2 people on a journey and their bonding along the way and that's really it. All the big moments are telegraphed along the way.

SPOILERS for the first third of the game -

You know the daughter isn't going to make it. You know it's supposed to be a set up for him to consider Ellie like a daughter later on. So her actually dying has no impact on you. Especally not in the first 20 minutes of the game. Likewise you can guess why Ellie is 'the package' that needs to be delivered. The game is about Joel and Ellie so you know that Tess will go sooner or later. They follow all these genre cues as the story goes on.

I get what they were trying to do, and it's admirable that they did execute it pretty competently. I'd say the gameplay gets tiring by the end but it's still different enough from your average shooter. There's no resonance to the story though. And it sure as hell doesn't deserve it's 10/10 scores.

i enjoyed the game right from chap 1.. all chaps were epic fun.. you just gotta be stealthy.. that's the way this game is meant to be played.. my playthrough was practically a 0 kill playthrough (only killed in forced combat sections)..

gunplay is clunky for a purpose :P they don't want you to shoot your way through the game :) uncharted ki tarah mat khelo toh maza aayega..

SPOILERS for the first third of the game - [spoiler]You know the daughter isn't going to make it. You know it's supposed to be a set up for him to consider Ellie like a daughter later on. So her actually dying has no impact on you. Especally not in the first 20 minutes of the game. Likewise you can guess why Ellie is 'the package' that needs to be delivered. The game is about Joel and Ellie so you know that Tess will go sooner or later. They follow all these genre cues as the story goes on.

bro i think only you are the one who knew all that and felt nothing.. everyone else pretty much cried at the opening scene.. it is easily one of the best opening scenes ever..

i played through this game multiple times.. in my last playthough i obviously knew the whole story and knew exactly what i need to do and what would happen to the characters eventually, yet it was the most enjoyable playthrough for me..

• Like 1

It's a console game dude

This guy only digs Metro:Last Light on ultra PC resolution

hum suna hai metro ka graphics are really good..best this gen..that is what guys at neogaf was posting...i think one needs very high end pc also for it.

cant believe after spending 23k on just CPU-MBO and Ram i am still not in high end category in these parts. :(