Ask The Experts

Chaztin

Recently i got an auto firefox update. and since then, its damn slow....anyone facing this problem yet ? My version is 2.0.0.9 . I face the problem when browsing in multi tabs, even simple websites like google timeout !

btw, installed safari, its blazing fast - but how to change the appearence ? its B&W - very disappointed with the look - esp since this is from apple ! any website which offers skins for safari on windows ?

Firefox has been working fine for me too but i use Opera. I have been using Opera since last 5 years and i absolutely love it. By the way afaik you can't change the look of safari plus you might wanna stay away from safari because its still in beta which means its not only buggy but can be exploited easily.

Download : Opera 9.24 (Stable)

Edited by lastAvenger

i just connected my pc to my HDTV tht supports 1080p .... and im facing an issue tht im getting a black border on the hdtv and the display is not on the full screen....

any solutions ??

iv connected it via a vga cable to the pc slot on the hdtv (sony w-series)

do i need to use a software like powerstrip to set accurate resolution for the hdtv ??

Edited by arjun

Which graphic card r u using???

U need to setup ur secondary display's resolution as per ur HDTV's native resolution. Since most of the new graphic cards supports HDTV resolution it shouldn't be a problem or u can use powerstrip to set the resolution.

Refer to this forum for in-depth & specific HTPC related discussions.

im using a 8600gt .... but the isuue is tht wen i go to display settings the max lcd (hdtv resoulution it shoes is 1680x1050) but weh i make the sesolution 1440x900 it displays on full screen .... there is no option for 1080p (1920x1080)

try using a dvi cable (or dvi-hdmi cable) or powerstrip

V

my lcd tv doesnt have a dvi slot .... only vga .... so i haveta connect with vga only.... will it work if i use tht dvi-hdmi converter ?? how much does tht converter cost ??

how do i output sound from the 360 and PS3 using my PC speakers?

also, whats the difference between the two below (which one should i buy?)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-de-77-...ga-70-16s8.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-de-77-...ga-70-178e.html

peace

The second one has optical output which will give you 5.1 surround sound if hooked up to an optical line receiver.

BTW: my VGA cable has the optical output port but I have never tried.

if i have my PC connected to my LCD monitor via VGA and i want to connect the 360 to the LCD using VGA, is it OK to remove the PC VGA cable from the monitor while the PC is running and connect my 360 to it? will it affect the working of the PC?

peace

switch off the monitor/lcd first before as a precaution - it wont get damaged, but your 360 and PC might be running at different resolutions and that can sometimes confuse the monitor/LCD and it goes into sleep mode (only way to wakey up from that is an untimely reset)

V

in my last US GT, i was recharging via my credit card....however, the only way to stop the automatic monthly recharge was to cancel my credit card....or call up the US helpline....

i was wondering, now that we have indian GTs...is there any other way to recharge, except using credit cards...coz its a pain to stop the automatic recharge....

Guys I need some help.Can someone tell me how to cut portions of DVDs and store them on my PC.Ive been looking for a software for ages but cant find it.Actually i got tons of PIRATED Hindi DVDs and i would really like to cut the songs and store them on my PSP and Video IPOD.English vids are not a prop.

Help would be greatly appreciated.THANX IN ADVANCE!!!!!