The Android Thread

pArth

^AFAIK, Samsung releases the kernel source at opensource.samsung.com . Example : http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-N7000_JB_Opensource.zip

I'll ponder over the decision of S4/One/Z a bit. Leaning towards the S4 for now.

exactly why do you want a custom ROM and why would you want more internal memory, get a card, much cheaper.

Well to be frank just wanna try them out, a colleague has Paranoid Android on his Nexus 4 and it felt way more responsive and the DPI settings is what i love. I mean i'm pretty sure my Display can handle showing more information. Secondly want to get rid of all the S-Stuff crap. I also understand that i can root and plonk a 64GB micro SD and then use a hack to switch it for internal memory, as you cant install anything on the MicroSD 4.0 and up. These are my points. Look forward to your views.

^AFAIK, Samsung releases the kernel source at opensource.samsung.com . Example : http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-N7000_JB_Opensource.zip

I'll ponder over the decision of S4/One/Z a bit. Leaning towards the S4 for now.

Believe me these are half baked source codes which does not even compile correctly. It takes months for Devs on XDA to get it right and get something which can be compiled out of these sources. Generally we import the proprietor libraries of Samsung to compile any AOSP based ROM's as these sources wont compile , hence leaving some inconsistency in the AOSP ROMs.

Apart from this, it a personal choice to choose between nexus/samsung/sony/htc if you want pure AOSP, but i would prefer Nexus which comes with stock AOSP and has rock solid stable versions of PA and CM. Plus the first phone to get the latest updated version from google itself. Of course it's generation behind with no Full HD , if its one of the criteria for you.

Believe me these are half baked source codes which does not even compile correctly. It takes months for Devs on XDA to get it right and get something which can be compiled out of these sources. Generally we import the proprietor libraries of Samsung to compile any AOSP based ROM's as these sources wont compile , hence leaving some inconsistency in the AOSP ROMs.

Apart from this, it a personal choice to choose between nexus/samsung/sony/htc if you want pure AOSP, but i would prefer Nexus which comes with stock AOSP and has rock solid stable versions of PA and CM. Plus the first phone to get the latest updated version from google itself. Of course it's generation behind with no Full HD , if its one of the criteria for you.

I've seen a couple of custom kernels for Note developed from these sources. They work fine. And some times code from Samsung is used for the AOSP kernels.

This is prevalent in the case of devices based on Exynos chipset, which has been criticised developers for its architecture details not being available.

Anyway i am into some of the air gestures of S4 like canceling calls, air swiping in the gallery, so if these features make it to S3 then i am leaning more towards it?

And like S3 can note 2 be blessed with these S4 features ? atm i am a bit confused considering the high price, so i hope these features make it to S3, if anyone can provide solid info on my query please help a droid out :D

1) How is the display's intensity and auto adjust power outdoors / in sunlight

2) Can the camera be compared to more conventionally measured 8MP (atleast) cameras?

3) my friend is going to be coming to India around 20th May from the US, by when should I tell her my final decision in case I wanna buy the phone (keeping in mind the shipping time and stuff)

1. The display is quite bright and easy to read in sunlight. I'm not too fond of the Auto-brightness setting (compared to the iPhone) because I think it runs a li'l too bright for my liking, but this could be just an Android thing.

2. I compared it to my 4S, and the One takes pictures that are much brighter than the 4S. 4MP imho is enough resolution for general use(uploading to social sites, or printing less than A4 sizes), considering the fact that the pics are quite clear, and the Zoes and the quick shots (the shot-time is not noticeable), along with burst fire make up for any disadvantages of low resolution. Btw, the depth of field is incredible. The blur effect when focusing on things really close, is really really good.

edit: I found a few videos and pics (in an AndroidCentral thread) that show off some of these things quiet well.

, image1, image 2, image3. Mostly in low-light

3. The unlocked version on the US website store seems to be out of stock (shipping on 16th), so you might want to choose some faster-than-standard shipping method

Edited by Somebody
  • Like 1

btw guys, one of le college friend have LG P690 so the thing is, whenever she is on phone, she cannot receive messages on whatsapp, and it's a bit laggy now, so i was thinking of custom rom'ing it, but couldn't find sh*t on xda, any advises???

Gift her a new phone fumb duck

Ps:- it is obvious she won't receive messages on whats app if she is talking on the phone

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Iceman™

wtf dude, i get them wapps messages when i am fone B)

like, i talk to her, and do wapps with friends B)

btw, can't gift, not on that level yet, if i had been, would i even f**king ask this question <_<

Edited by Pushy

@athek, okay man, can it be solved by custom rom?

@dante, dude, monies no issues, but she's not my GF yet bro, so calm ur tities down B)

though i think it was difficult with S2

Kaheka difficult dude? Just root, download zip, select it via CWM and you are done. My 15 year old cousin does that regularly. There cannot be anything simpler than that. And rooting was really easy, 1 click root and done. Same with kernel installations.

If somebody is into modding, then Samsung & htc is the wrong choice unless he wants only modded touchwiz/sense based ROMs.

WTF are you talking about dude? I am using S2 since a year and never used any TW based ROM. I used Resurrection Remix (CM Based AOKP), MIUI AOKP, (CM 10 based) and JellyBam (again CM based, pure android experience)

In fact, there is one light ROM something which is compete stock Android. There is one Super Nexus, which is exactly like Stock Android 4.2.2. Currently I am on JellyBAM 4.2.2. It came out weeks after stock 4.2.2 was released for Nexus 4. Devs are quick enough to compile the sources and launch for S2/S3. The support is astonishing.

And these are Stock based roms. There are tons of AOSP ROMs. And as someone who used TW for one day on I9100 out of over a year of owning a device, I can confirm that these ROMs work absolutely fine. Only thing I dont have is FM Radio Samsung app, which I never use anyway.

And Sackboy is right. Even though One X has same number of ROMs, many are usually ports by noobs who just KANG the ROMs rather than building them. They are just afterthoughts by dev, not full focused ROMs. Not sure how HTC One ROM support will pan up. Just wait and watch.

It's the same with iphone4, data connection is terminated when on phone.

A GSM iPhone4 can do data while on call. I've done it for years. It's a restriction of the antenna and the network. If she's on a CDMA network she won't be able to do data while on call. If she's on GSM it might be a bug in the OS or modem firmware.

• Like 1

No , 2G/3G connection is terminated when you make calls , use WiFi and whatsapp would work on it .

u mean regarding my fone (Note) or hers?

if u mean my fone, then nope, u r wrong, and anyways here:

XPQ6EkB.png

N3KyqVs.png

Noz864S.png

0ioZRGp.png

AJVfRcW.png