Suggest UPS for home

pbpoovannagamer

Looking to buy a ups for my home

looking for backup that lasts at least 4 hours to 6 hours

Requirements

Backup for 3 ceiling fans at full speed- need these to run for 6 hours in summer time when power cuts occur at night, assuming i keep PC, TVs, Lights all OFF!

else the UPS has to give back up for atleast 3 hours with the below appliances running:

1 PC (700 W), 2 Ordinary TVs, 5 Bulbs(CFL- 25 W) and 3 Ceiling fans

called APC they said i should opt for 2 kVA UPS which costs 28k which i feel is just too expensive!!

Suggestions please!

Purchased an UPS - please read post no 3 down below by puns for info

Thanks for help

You need to do some maths as to your requirements.

Eg:

Time(in Hrs) = Battery Voltage (In volts) * Battery Capacity (in Ah)*efficiency of inverter

Load (in VA)

Battery voltage = 12 Volts

Battery Capacity = 150 Ah

Load = Two fluorescent lamps (40 Watts each) and one ceiling fan (75 Watts )= 155 Watts

Inverter efficiency = 80%= 0.8

Backup Time = 12 * 150*0.8/155= 9.29 Hrs (Approx)

Come up with the numbers, go to couple of local ups & battery sellers and you will get the quotes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nah i purchased a Luminous UPS 1.5 kva for 6500 Rs and added two 100 Ah Tubular Exide Batteries for 7500 each! now Powercuts are not annoying anymore !! with only PC on full load i should get about more 3 hours back up. WIth just lights and Tv i will get close to 7 to 8 hours!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nah i purchased a Luminous UPS 1.5 kva for 6500 Rs and added two 100 Ah Tubular Exide Batteries for 7500 each! now Powercuts are not annoying anymore !! with only PC on full load i should get about more 3 hours back up. WIth just lights and Tv i will get close to 7 to 8 hours!!

Nice

Archived