The Nintendo 3DS thread

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should be out by 2015, I'll get a second one if they do.

Its region locked, just a friendly reminder considering how Ninty treats Euroland.

Nintendo really is bad choice for us indians....hardly any presence here....expensive games price hardly comes down and top no easy importing also....with ps3,psp...we have bought chinese version games and enjoyed playing it...here we are stuck like only one region...

why do they region lock at this age also?? even microsoft is become lenient with region if i am right...i have come across many xbox games that works on 2 regions or all regions...damn nintendo...will have to stick with ntsc u/c games only when i get my wii and 3ds...

Nintendo really is bad choice for us indians....hardly any presence here....expensive games price hardly comes down and top no easy importing also....with ps3,psp...we have bought chinese version games and enjoyed playing it...here we are stuck like only one region...

Ive been importing them from amazon and PA without any problems. 3ds games goes on sale often, so its rather cheap.

WTF the japanese NTSC game doesn't work with US NTSC console. Ninty :ranting:

It has always been different from the US region, had even purchased a NTSC J 360 once because of that.

2012 for sure.

There might be a revision with better battery life and maybe a better 3D screen, but 2nd stick built in is not happening. Heck I doubt they'll even change the current design for couple of years at least, not when its selling like the way it is. I sure as hell hope it doesn't get second stick so at least we have one portable that doesn't play only downgraded console games.

Ive been importing them from amazon and PA without any problems. 3ds games goes on sale often, so its rather cheap.

It has always been different from the US region, had even purchased a NTSC J 360 once because of that.

Oh I didn't know that. Anyway it was a free game :P

I am not sure how you can consider importing cheap...sns delivery charges and custom risk...even if you geta game as cheap as $20 importing it add shipping charges and custom risk as well..so what should have cost u Rs 1000 ends up costing u Rs 1600....not counting custom charges....and PA these days is a very expensive idea...

There might be a revision with better battery life and maybe a better 3D screen, but 2nd stick built in is not happening. Heck I doubt they'll even change the current design for couple of years at least, not when its selling like the way it is. I sure as hell hope it doesn't get second stick so at least we have one portable that doesn't play only downgraded console games.

It's supported by RE: R, MGS, Monster Hunter games, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kingdom Hearts 3D so far :|

I am not sure how you can consider importing cheap...sns delivery charges and custom risk...even if you geta game as cheap as $20 importing it add shipping charges and custom risk as well..so what should have cost u Rs 1000 ends up costing u Rs 1600....not counting custom charges....and PA these days is a very expensive idea...

$10-20 games with shipping and customs comes to 1-1.5k per game, which is comparatively cheap. Even if it releases here officially it will be around 2.5k, which is only good for new releases.

$10-20 games with shipping and customs comes to 1-1.5k per game, which is comparatively cheap. Even if it releases here officially it will be around 2.5k, which is only good for new releases.

yea it is cheap compared to indian price ...btw you mentioned new release...i dont think i see any new release going for so cheap....

Yeah new releases don't go that cheap, which is why I said a 2.5k Indian release would have been good for those. Still not a big problem as most games gets a price cut pretty soon these days and you have your backlog to keep you busy till then.

btw, how long did it take for you guys to see the 3d effects properly? Im still having trouble with ghosting effects.

It's supported by RE: R, MGS, Monster Hunter games, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kingdom Hearts 3D so far :|

Its already begun :/

I want to see how they implement it in RER since its the first main RE title where you can move and shoot at the same time. And without second stick its going to be major PITA to do so.

Its already begun :/

I want to see how they implement it in RER since its the first main RE title where you can move and shoot at the same time. And without second stick its going to be major PITA to do so.

But it looks like an abominaition :|

btw, how long did it take for you guys to see the 3d effects properly? Im still having trouble with ghosting effects.

well for me i just move it sideways till the images coincide .... then it stays that way until u shake it or something.... gotta say this 3D thing is pretty neat , better than what i was expecting

• 3 weeks later...

The GBA games promised to the early adaptors are now available.

The ten games available are:

1. Metroid Fusion
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  3. Wario Land 4
  4. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame
  5. Mario vs. Donkey Kong,
  6. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  7. Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
  8. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  9. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  10. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Archived