I think whether SR4 does well really depends on GTAV. One of the main reasons SR2 did so well was that GTA4 lost that fun factor and went for realism. Disappointed fans went to SR. If GTA5 is in the vein of Ballad Of Gay Tony, then they're aiming to get those fans back and then SR4 will have no chance.

Btw, how hilarious would it have been if Rockstar snatched up the Saints Row IP. I can just imagine Zodak curling up in a corner and crying :P

Post of the year 2013

:doh:

I was comparing it with games like SR and Just Cause. I also feel RDR gameplay is realistic in that way. You can't do crazy over the top things in GTA and RDR. Of course GTA is not realistic when you consider games like Arma.

Edited by meaNmachine

Deep Silver has just announced the fourth part of the Saints Row series. Surprisingly enough, this new Saints Row game will be coming on current-gen consoles and PC on August 20, 2013, in North America and August 23, 2013, in the rest of the world. The game is developed by Volition and the publisher has also released a teaser trailer for it that can be viewed below. This looks more like a Saints Row 3.5 than a proper sequel to us, but that’s to be expected. The game will continue the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. Saints Row IV will be also packed with intensified action and enhanced customisation. Enjoy!

According to new publisher Deep Silver, the game starts with the Saints' leader elected president of the United States. Then there's an alien invasion, and the player is thrust into an alien-created simulation of Steelport. In that world, characters can use alien tech against their aggressors and even gain access to superpowers. You can see some of those in action in the announce trailer below, including flight, power dives, the ability to freeze opponents, and more.

:doh:

I was comparing it with games like SR and Just Cause. I also feel RDR gameplay is realistic in that way. You can't do crazy over the top things in GTA and RDR. Of course GTA is not realistic when you consider games like Arma.

There is literally nothing realistic about GTA. You don't even have to compare it with Arma or the likes. Not one thing you do in GTA is realistic, unless driving over people and shooting out helicopters with rocket launchers is a Sunday afternoon for you.

There is literally nothing realistic about GTA. You don't even have to compare it with Arma or the likes. Not one thing you do in GTA is realistic, unless driving over people and shooting out helicopters with rocket launchers is a Sunday afternoon for you.

You are taking his post too literally,I am sure you got what he meant , Saints Row has a more Arcadey feel to it and I agree. Edited by Sackboy

You are taking his post too literally,I am sure you got what he meant , Saints Row has a more Arcadey feel to it and I agree.

The word you're looking for is 'absurd.' Both GTA and SR are 'arcadey'.

Edited by spindoctor