Devil May Cry 4

KnackChap

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^^ not trashing it, its a good game, just that I was frustrated with it :lol: But generally, I heard that all capcom games are quite difficult to play !

yay man u r right.. capcom games are usually tougher than others. nevertheless its my fav game developer as many of the wonderful games belong to capcom the most important being Resident Evil series.and if u have played RE4 that it is a pretty tough game esp in professional mode. i took a lot of time to end in that mode. and Devil May Cry 3 i mean its US version was really a "devil" in real sense of the word. they said that the game had a harder difficulty compared to its japanese counterpart to the extent that the Normal mode of US version was similar as Hard mode of Japanese version. and u couldn't unlock the easy mode unless u have died a couple of times and that too was equivalent to Japanese Normal mode. the major drawback of the game was that if u die u had to play whole of the level from beginning which was very frustrating sometimes esp when u get killed by Agni and Rudra in level4. this drawback was removed in the special edition by advent of Gold Orbs. hope they will keep the same thing in the next installment in the series i.e. DMC4.. and i seriously believe the PS3 version to be better than Xbox360 cos we r used to controls on a DualShock and mind me that in no game learning the controls is so imp as this game cos if u can't handle the controls in this game u r gonna get ur a*s kicked cos the enemies in this game r not forgiving at all and r pretty ruthless.. so end of the line: if controls on 360 suck the game sucks on 360 :majesty:

The gold orb system was there even in the normal edition. Outside each boss room, there were these statues where you could change/upgrade weapons. If you die in the boss fight, you could simply offer yellow orb and respawn right next to the statue. They introduces it in DMC2, but yellow orbs were so expensive that you were better off playing the whole level again. DMC3 was tough, but that's why it was way more enjoyable that DMC2, especially the ubercool boss fights.

About 360 version, I'd love to see how anyone will play DMC with 360 controller. Its like playing VF5 or PES with 360 D-pad.

^^ Yeah. I found the standard version of DMC 3 butt-clenchingly tough with the Dualshock 2. Although things eased somewhat with the Special Edition of DMC3, I cant imagine the D-pad on the X360 controller giving me any accuracy whatsoever.

The gold orb system was there even in the normal edition. Outside each boss room, there were these statues where you could change/upgrade weapons. If you die in the boss fight, you could simply offer yellow orb and respawn right next to the statue. They introduces it in DMC2, but yellow orbs were so expensive that you were better off playing the whole level again. DMC3 was tough, but that's why it was way more enjoyable that DMC2, especially the ubercool boss fights.

About 360 version, I'd love to see how anyone will play DMC with 360 controller. Its like playing VF5 or PES with 360 D-pad.

no man u r talking abt the yellow orbs that let u continue right next to boss and yes they were too expensive and that's why coudn't make much use of them... but there were another gold orbs introduced in special edition by means of which u can respawn right at the same moment where u die just like appearing at the same place after dying in Contra.. the yellow orb was like losing a chance in Mario where u have to start from a point somewhat back..

I think that one of the USPs of DMC3 was its difficulty cos of its insane pace of action. I have had too many frustrating moments with this game but somehow in the end it felt fulfilling.... ......Just give me agni n rudra + dualshock n i am set!!

• 2 weeks later...

Devil May Cry 4 To Feature Sexy Plant Boss Battles

From Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/devil-may...tles-318478.php

Not since Heather Locklear's turn in Return of the Swamp Thing have I been so turned on by a plant. For the rest of you flora freaks out there, I have something like 42 new screen shots of Devil May Cry 4 from Capcom. They're lusciously green and totally devoid of gothic architecture or ice demons. Proof of the Capcom Framework platform's ability to make things pretty in our gallery below.

dmc4_echidna_2.jpg

Visit this link for a full gallery of pervy boss battle shots :tongue4:

--MT

PRESS RELEASE: CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES DEVIL MAY CRY® 4 COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the contents of the Devil May Cry® 4 Collector’s Edition package, which includes volume 1 of ADV Films’ Devil May Cry: The Animated Series, a Steelbook™ case and a bonus DVD filled with extras. The $79.99 Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition will be available February 5, 2008, for both the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Devil May Cry 4 includes the following features:

• From the producer of the original Devil May Cry® and Resident Evil® 4

• 2 playable characters – take control of both Nero & Dante

• High-definition visuals moving at 60 frames per second

• Blend of familiar and new: newcomer Nero clashes with veteran Dante plus appearances from Trish, Lady and others from the DMC series

• Exceed System allows Nero to easily charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful and varied attack options

• Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies

• Unique "Devil Bringer" arm opens up a range of never seen before combo options

• Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante

• New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities

• Numerous new characters and environments

• Signature blend of guns and swordplay

Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition contains the following extras:

• Volume 1 of ADV Film’s Devil May Cry: The Animated Series on DVD, including four complete episodes of the anime (a retail value of $29.99)

• Unique Steelbook™ metal case

• Bonus DVD

o Making of Devil May Cry 4

o Music from the soundtrack

o Digital artbook

o PC content (screen savers, wallpapers, icons)

dmc4_3d_ce_lineup_01.jpg

the gfx in dmc 4 doesnt look too great. They can certainly do better than this. In fact, capcom's own deadrising had better gfx !

LMAO. You have to be joking, right? Right? :eyebrow2:

some of u guys will never get it, unless u play the game. I stand by what I said - its gfx is not sooo great, atleast from what I've seen of the trailers ! Anyway, no use talking as u guys wont listen....better wait to see the game !

^^ I remember u were being a smart a*s just like this when stranglehold was about to be released, in the end, everywhere reviewers panned the game, and one of the biggest comment was on the gfx and the lacklustre animations !

so LYAO looking at urself in the mirror !

P.S: If u read my comments, I also said, capcom can do a lot better than this. But u wiseass, did not chose to read that now, did you ?

dude listen

you said stranglehold looked like a psone game right,point me to one review or reviewer who says the same.

DMC wont win any awards for its looks,but it is certainly capcoms best looking game this gen.

dead rising doesnt hold a candle to DMC visually,hey but wait you also said saints row is one of the best looking games currently and halo 3's graphics are CG,WOW

ah, his highness responds :rolleyes:

first things first - how does my liking of GTA has to do with any of these comments ? secondly, i said, the gfx in DMC 4 is not upto the mark and capcom can do a lot better than that. Yes comparison wise I do feel that dead rising has better gfx, all these were my personal observations or rather opinions which i put across on the board....if u disagree, fine, be my guest. Matter closed and done with ! But instead, u had to swoope in and pass some smart a*s comments, didn't you ?

If u got nothing better to do than watch all my comments and keep replying with ur wiseass comments, do that too - i dont give a f**k ! This is a forum, I'm a member, I put across my views just like everybody else, whether i've done my homework or not, is none of ur f**king business ! Yes I dont know about Iron man, but that doesnt mean sh*t, I got better things to do in life....I know what I'm good at - dont need a f**king certificate from you !

Regarding PS3, I made comments which I felt would be taken in the correct sense - I didnt make a personal remark on anyone....lot of ppl make it on x360 too....do u think they are wise and intelluctual ? Even if I do make a nonsencial comment, why should it even affect you....its not like I'm draggin u into every comment I make anywhere....in fact I dont even know that u exist ! Stop following my posts (if u really have better work to do), if u want to make a point, make it on the subject at hand....u dont need to ask my gaming credentials nor my knowledge base...!

TO SUM IT UP, GO SCREW YOURSELF, I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT U THINK, I DONT NEED A f**kING CERTIFICATE FROM U REGARDING WHAT I KNOW AND I DONT....ANYWAY, THIS DISCUSSION IS CLOSED FROM MY END. KEEP RANTING ALL U WANT....f**k, I JUST WASTED MY 10 MINUTES IN THIS REPLY, WHICH ISN'T EVEN WORTH IT !

why Vergil's not in this game??? that was my fav character in DMC3... his sword was fantastic. if any of u guys have played with him in special edition u might be knowing about his quickness and his Darkslayer style which was the best. the best thing i like abt him is that he is always cool and quite, and fights with confidence. he never babbles abt like Dante who behaves like a self centered kid.. however Dante's tricks in the game are too cool... but there's only one thing he needed to do: STFU!!!!!!! lol

Archived