Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Completely forgot- Last night saw 'The Dictator', As expected. Outrageous and great fun! Sacha Baron Cohen rocks!!! Definitely not as good as Borat but I preferred it to Bruno.

--

Also, Loving Moora from GOW2 ;) should be national anthem for married couples. :rofl: Some of the songs of GOW are growing on me and how. Khanwalkar :majesty: watching it tomorrow, hopefully will be a full house this time.

- went in with bit of apprehension. First things first, its definitely not as bad as people are saying-- calling it the 'worst bourne film'? Naah. Its not. Its definitely the weakest of four. Slow screenplay, no good dialogues, no giggle worthy jokes, characters not developed well, BG score fails to lighten up any scene. But the climax (OMG) literally made up for all negatives, superb chase--probably the best in years. Film is beautifuly shot -- A class cinematography. Renner did good(with all expectation carrying) but.. but no where close to Damon.

Doesnt being the weakest of the lot automatically make it the worst Bourne film? :P

:wallbash:

I'm not going to bother.

But you did bother. :roflroll:

You are completely missing the point. :lol:

I geddit, guys. Probably shouldn't have mentioned 'weakest bourne film'. Infact, you both could have seen the movie by now and outraged on IVG like me. :P

Edited by Freak

I dont care if the movie is the best/worst/weakest/awesomest/whatever. I havent seen it.

It doesnt matter if the movie is the "worst" or the "weakest". When you compare something from a set of finite items and label all the other items better than the said object, then the adjective you use to describe it ceases to matter. "Weakest of the lot" or "Worst of the lot" have the same meaning here.

How are you not getting this, its your grammar not your opinion that we are talking about. :doh:

Edited by Aftrunner

Dude, chill, I got it since the first time Bagpiles mentioned it. :rofl:

As i said in my last post, shouldn't have mentioned the 'worst bourne film'.. I read these in different forums such- 'Bourne legacy worst movie of summer', 'worst bourne film' etc. I reviewed it fast and in brief.. I'm not a critic exactly. Happens man. Have a beer :lol:

have you seen Hitchcock's TV series like Presents or Hour? Most underrated thing about the guy. The greatest show there is-- way way ahead of its time.

So when does Ramzan ends? I for sure know it won't affect Ek Tha Tiger's wednesday (first day) opening. :| Advance bookings are huge! Fact: ETT will earn more in its first day itself than GOW1+GOW2 earned at BoxOffice in 30+ days. Yep, that's right..

Eid should be on 20th/21st August.I don't think ETT opening day will be record breaking due to Ramzan.Salman has a big fan following in the Muslim community,especially the youth,so there will be a massive spike in collections after the 20th.

Eid should be on 20th/21st August.I don't think ETT opening day will be record breaking due to Ramzan.Salman has a big fan following in the Muslim community,especially the youth,so there will be a massive spike in collections after the 20th.

Alright, highest opening day is 22cr (By Agneepath-Republic day 2012)

Considering its releasing on Independance day, it could break that. Those who want to see will see. (Not to mention ticket price hikes). You might want to check adv booking of any theaters near you. Chd/Delhi are huge.. For eg; me n my friends wanted to watch a film like ETT on single screen (you know why), so thought will book on Eros One(premium single screen in Delhi) But wednesday(5shows) are already sold out. Now looking for others to open advanceB

Should at least come close to 20cr.

But as you said Eid is on 20th. That means ETT will have 6-day weekend. If opening is not record-breaking, weekend should most definitely be. 100cr in just 6days-- possibility.

Kal Ho Na Ho.. Instrumental music. Still so soothing.

But the guy has lost it now.. Rab ne, RaOne, Don2-- wtf?

Know many friends who "used" to be his fans. Now they're not. Many have converted to Salman fans.

Dont think YRF's next will work-- specially when a Action-Comedy movie like 'Son of Sardar' is releasing with it. Ajay > SRK for many distributors out there. Mass hero. Singham, Golmaal series, Bol Bachchan. Diwali release, afterall.

Converted to Salman Khan Fans :rofl: So basically your friends like more Idiotic Stuff :rofl: Converted to salman khan fans after seeing what Ready,Bodyguard,dabang :rofl: You must also be liking that stuff i guess

And you call rab ne,don,ra one ....wtf :doh: Go watch Ek tha Chu***a and have fun :lol:

Completely forgot- Last night saw 'The Dictator', As expected. Outrageous and great fun! Sacha Baron Cohen rocks!!! Definitely not as good as Borat but I preferred it to Bruno.

I thought it was really embarrassing, unfunny and a waste of time, personally. He should have stuck to his old pranking real people routine rather than actually trying to make a *real* movie.