ScrewyAurum

Yeah real joke is when guys holding AR try & run towards each other to initiate the monkey fight

That's the tactic ppl can't let go right

No one plays with an assault rifle, halo is all about BR . Next time try playing an mlg playlist instead of social team slayer and you would know.

ADS makes shooters monotonous. You can't run and shoot. You have to either run or shoot.

Sprint makes escapes easy and the glorious movement techicues we see in CS, unreal will not be required anymore with sprint.

Run and gun without ads and sprint, provides lot of varied gameplay options. It never gets boring. But to master movement and shooting mechanics it takes sh*t loads of time, patience and practice.

Which nobody has these days, so that decision makes sense.

At first I liked ads and sprint features in mw1 but it gets boring so soon. And soon cod got me bored in fps mp in general. Except for CS, I don't feel like playing any game now :fear:

At first I liked ads and sprint features in mw1 but it gets boring so soon. And soon cod got me bored in fps mp in general. Except for CS, I don't feel like playing any game now :fear:

just use the gung ho perk and use a laser attachment with your guns. you'll get a sh*t loads of hip fire kills in cod.

I never felt any incentive to hip fire in Destiny -- ever. The accuracy penalty alone forced me to ADS every time. For eg: I mostly played with Hand Cannons and it was the stupidest thing to try and hip-fire it.

Halo, as most of us know, aims to do the exact opposite of that.

There's no accuracy penalty at short to medium range, only problem is if you're used to ADS movement you can't strafe and shoot effectively in hipfire, making your bullets go all over the place. And then you blame hipfire being inaccurate which is not the case. All the hand canons, couple of ARs and all the machine guns are equally effective or better with hipfire.

ADS makes shooters monotonous. You can't run and shoot. You have to either run or shoot.

Sprint makes escapes easy and the glorious movement techicues we see in CS, unreal will not be required anymore with sprint.

Run and gun without ads and sprint, provides lot of varied gameplay options. It never gets boring. But to master movement and shooting mechanics it takes sh*t loads of time, patience and practice.

Which nobody has these days, so that decision makes sense.

Good post and I agree with most of it.

To add to it, I dont think anyone can argue against the fact that ADS is there on console shooters (and now PCs) to help lower skilled player. Its difficult to hit a moving target so you force everyone to stop AND shoot and now even people who cant aim while moving have a chance at being decent at the game.

Sprint has a similar functionality, let people who dont use good positioning or have map awareness get out of jail by sprinting to cover if they run out in the middle without thinking.

Thats not a knock against games that have those mechanics though. I absolutely love BF and BF has infinite sprint and ADS. And I probably put 20+ hours in each CoD game uptil Ghosts.

So if you design your game with those mechanics in mind, it can still make for an interesting game. But I wouldnt force every game to have those mechanics. Thats like saying I like I like Ice cream so I want people to start putting that on tandoori chicken. I cant imagine the new UT having ADS. CSGO would be a terrible game with sprint.

So yeah, fine if you have them but dont force them into your game cause its the norm now. I think TitanFall ended up sort of doing that. That game would have been even better without ADS. All that fast zippy movement and you still had to stand still to shoot. Which I one of the reasons I liked the shotgun so much in that game.

I don't know man. Would you prefer if fast-paced games like UT and Quake had more recoil on their guns? You have to move and and shoot at the same time and it would be damn difficult to kill anyone. Same is the case with Halo in a way. While not as fast, you have to move and shoot at the same time, can jump high and enemies have high TTK. Games like COD and BF do need to have it though.

I'd prefer as much variation in shooting mechanics as possible. That is the best way to ensure that people who are more familiar/experienced with a game acquire a 'skill' for it.

Games which dumb down shooting mechanics clearly don't back themselves when it comes to people sticking around for the long haul. They ensure that the experience factor is diminished, meaning someone with 1 hour spent in the game can easily match the score of someone with 100 hrs or more. And it is not just about competition, you yourself should feel 'improved' once you spend more time with weapons in games.

My most recent FPS experience comes mostly from Battlefield series, and I can tell you that if you stick to a particular weapon for a long time, you get 'good' at it. ADS is just one factor among many which can make a shooter more enjoyable, and certainly something you find yourself returning to.

(FWIW, I use hip fire a lot . The primary reason is to reduce the effect of latency when I play on EU/US servers).

Good post and I agree with most of it.

To add to it, I dont think anyone can argue against the fact that ADS is there on console shooters (and now PCs) to help lower skilled player. Its difficult to hit a moving target so you force everyone to stop AND shoot and now even people who cant aim while moving have a chance at being decent at the game.

Sprint has a similar functionality, let people who dont use good positioning or have map awareness get out of jail by sprinting to cover if they run out in the middle without thinking.

Thats not a knock against games that have those mechanics though. I absolutely love BF and BF has infinite sprint and ADS. And I probably put 20+ hours in each CoD game uptil Ghosts.

So if you design your game with those mechanics in mind, it can still make for an interesting game. But I wouldnt force every game to have those mechanics. Thats like saying I like I like Ice cream so I want people to start putting that on tandoori chicken. I cant imagine the new UT having ADS. CSGO would be a terrible game with sprint.

So yeah, fine if you have them but dont force them into your game cause its the norm now.

Agreed 100%

So are you guys going to boycott Halo 5 if it has prominent ADS and sprinting?

Last I checked people were discussing the pros and cons of shooting mechanics.

I dont think anyone has said even remotely anything like that but feel free to keep making strawman posts.

/shrug.

I'm asking because lot of fanboys in GAF thread are making the same claim.

Either ways I kinda feel sorry for 343i, damned if you do damned if you don't. Good thing Bungie got out when they could, they probably saw what they'll be stuck doing for the rest of their lives.

I'm asking because lot of fanboys in GAF thread are making the same claim.

Either ways I kinda feel sorry for 343i, damned if you do damned if you don't. Good thing Bungie got out when they could, they probably saw what they'll be stuck doing for the rest of their lives.

You mean the GAF thread that was 70 pages long. Based on a 5 second clip. Initially titled "343 shits on their fanbase". And filled with people who said they were heartbroken and felt like crying?

Maybe it could just be people on GAF overreacting? Like they do at EVERYTHING?

Shocking fact. Fanboys tend to be irrational and quick to overreact.

And please don't bring up shooters like Killzone here. We are talking only about shooters that are actually relevant :)

Halo stopped being relevant a long time ago :lol: 343i actually trying their best to make it relevant again, but with the rabid fanbase still stuck in the 90s and early 2000s they're stuck in a limbo of decisions. MCC development actually might have been a breath of fresh air :lol:

8b94nY8.jpg

Yup "practically there" :lol:

And please don't bring up shooters like Killzone here. We are talking only about shooters that are actually relevant :)

Killzone SF hahaha ,the game sucked so much that it lasted 2 hours for me. The game was all about spawn killing and kill trading. One of the worst shooters i have ever played.

The fact that you have a 70 page thread of people crying over a 5 second clip says more than enough about just how relevant it is even today.

Don't stop that from believing what you do though.

So wait, are we going to use GAF as an accurate barometer of Halo fanbase and popularity or are we not going to use GAF as an accurate barometer of Halo fanbase and popularity? I'm confused. And I just used the Halo 4 online activity dropoff cliff that was as sharp as Mariana trench. What is H4's current position in XBL activity board?

There's no accuracy penalty at short to medium range, only problem is if you're used to ADS movement you can't strafe and shoot effectively in hipfire, making your bullets go all over the place. And then you blame hipfire being inaccurate which is not the case. All the hand canons, couple of ARs and all the machine guns are equally effective or better with hipfire.

The fact that you're zoomed in while ADS alone shits on hip fire. Thus, comes in the point of accuracy. Don't confuse accuracy with the weapon stats in the game. I've spent all my time playing with hand canons in Destiny and I know a thing or two about it. I'm used to both ADS and hip fire and would never for the life of me go for the latter in a competitive game. Never. Anybody who plays hip fire in Destiny is doing it wrong.

Archived