Tales from the Borderlands

Heaven Angel

lqnfk54.jpg

Telltale Games and Gearbox Software have announced 'Tales From The Borderlands', an episodic Borderlands spin-off due for release in 2014.

It appears to star some new characters who are not vault hunters. They're "wannabe vault hunters," according to Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford.

A short trailer at tonight's VGX teased what's got to be a dream collaboration between the makers of one of the most popular multiplayer shooters around and the makers of some of the best story-driven games going.

ku-xlarge.png

"You get to shoot stuff, but in a different way," said a Telltale developer at the show. "It's gonna play like a telltale game—you're going to be engaging characters and developing relationships, but it's very much in the borderlands world. It's this great hybrid of everything that's great about Borderlands and everything thats great about Telltale."

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPUKNDB82UQ

Release date: 2014

More info: To be announced soon.

The original appeal of borderlands (for me at least) was the rpg style elements in a shooter. But this game could work out give the vast potential for lore in the borderlands universe.

But Telltale sure are spreading themselves thin, with Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and this.

This becomes my most anticipated shooter of 2014

Holy sh*t a new borderlands game! I don't care about any tale and all everything is welcome in Borderlands. Just give me mah sniper rifle and you have mah mooneiiiesss, Launch it now you have mah extra mooneieesssss.....

:doh:

its not a shooter like the old game. its an adventure game set in the borderlands universe.

WTF is this sh*t? Can i have the episode 2 of The wolf among Us for which i paid full price on PC (compared to console owners who could buy it per episode)? Can they do that instead of wasting time on converting a game know for its RPG shooter mechanics and silliness into an emo story/QTE fest?

wasting time on converting a game know for its RPG shooter mechanics and silliness into an emo story/QTE fest?

THIS!

I played previous Borderlands games for the solid gunplay, RPG mechanics, co-op, infinite weapons...

Who asked for an interactive movie ? lol

I like Telltale games but I don't like to wait months just to play another 90 minutes. I wish they stop making episodes. For one game, it's fine. For 4 games, it's not fine.

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

The Wolf Among Us

Tales from the Borderlands

Finishing all 4 will take a year. =/

Archived