Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

Joy

Criterion games sets new benchmark for input lag in a 30FPS game.

Today's Face-Off feature doesn't just tackle the differences between the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC versions of Hot Pursuit - we also benchmark controller response, pitting the new Need for Speed up against the 66ms input latency of Paradise. In all of our tests thus far, we've yet to find a 30Hz game able to beat the 100ms threshold, while the only 50ms response we've seen has come from the PS3 XMB.

The result? For the Xbox 360 version, we have a confirmed 83ms, meaning that despite halving the frame-rate, controller response is diminished by just one frame when compared to Burnout Paradise. Better still, for PC owners running the game at 60FPS, latency is cut down to just 50ms, making it the fastest pad response we've measured in any of the games we've looked at.

And this is with v-sync and triple buffering (which adds 16.66ms of lag ie. one frame of lag), without v-sync and triple buffering the input lag would be similar to Burnout Paradise and Forza 3...both 60FPS game !!

WOW ! :majesty:

EDIT : Digitalfoundry Face off

Perfect platform parity across all three version (with PC version using higher resolution assets while running at 1080p or above), though no anti aliasing support & lack of few rain effects on PC ver is disappointing. Anyways near flawless victory for Criterion !

I just went out and bought it. Funny nobody seems to have the 360 version, not one shop in the entire market.

PS3 version is available in almost every shop in bangalore...Most of em had it by yesterday evening itself :wallbbash:

Thats the reason i hv'nt pre-ordered GT5 ..Will pick it up 4m store on 24th

Digitalfoundry Face off

Perfect platform parity across all three version (with PC version using higher resolution assets while running at 1080p or above), though no anti aliasing support & lack of few rain effects on PC ver is disappointing. Anyways near flawless victory for Criterion !

Yup. Much respect. The only issue is that the Autolog system is pretty much wasted on the PC.

peace

Gah, achilles and Sam :rant: Everytime i do well on the autolog and bam, breaking news :P

Really? I figured my times were pretty sh*t. There was no one else in my friends list who had the game, so there was no one to compete with. :|

It also meant I got bonus bounty for topping the Autolog list in every event :P

peace

Really? I figured my times were pretty sh*t. There was no one else in my friends list who had the game, so there was no one to compete with. :|

It also meant I got bonus bounty for topping the Autolog list in every event :P

peace

oye add my new PSN id, if you have space constraint remove my old id(though that would be still used)

FK

Ma game is shipped 2day :angry:

Very pissed , when almost every1 in ma friend list have already got the game :rant::(:cry:

@ SA

Dude just go to Autolog recommendations and you ll find them there. I added achilles and a few more IVGians that way only.

:(

BTW even Danny got the game :thumbsup:

Archived