The Tennis Thread

The Assassin

fed-ex just steam rolled poor tsonga. he had no clue. watched the final set in office with a few colleagues. it was over before even before our conscience could hit us. :)

britain's hope will have a major fight on his hands.

and btw, i hope henin does the same to serena

Does anyone play squash?

I need to choose between it and tennis.

Squash is awesome fun. You can really unleash yourself. You don't have to play controlled shots like tennis. It's more about quick movement and placement. Also it's easier to fetch the ball :D

Squash does require you to be in relatively good shape and will wear you out quickly if you aren't. Tennis on the other hand requires some serious conditioning. But playing consistently will get you there. It's funny, you kind of notice your stamina slowly building up over the days. You'll notice, you'll tend to chase down balls for return which you would've let pass just a few days ago.

Another advantage with tennis (at least one that I found) is that you'll find more players who're better than you and actively into it. Playing with these guys is the only way to improve your game. I desperately wanted to get into squash but couldn't find people who were playing regularly. Also, watching the pros playing the sport on TV is a very good motivator to get you down to the court. I haven't come across anyone who watches competitive squash on TV.

Squash is awesome fun. You can really unleash yourself. You don't have to play controlled shots like tennis. It's more about quick movement and placement. Also it's easier to fetch the ball :doh:

Squash does require you to be in relatively good shape and will wear you out quickly if you aren't. Tennis on the other hand requires some serious conditioning. But playing consistently will get you there. It's funny, you kind of notice your stamina slowly building up over the days. You'll notice, you'll tend to chase down balls for return which you would've let pass just a few days ago.

Another advantage with tennis (at least one that I found) is that you'll find more players who're better than you and actively into it. Playing with these guys is the only way to improve your game. I desperately wanted to get into squash but couldn't find people who were playing regularly. Also, watching the pros playing the sport on TV is a very good motivator to get you down to the court. I haven't come across anyone who watches competitive squash on TV.

Yeah, my main concern is that squash isn't all that common, especially in terms of courts, players etc.

I've been playing tennis for a couple of months each year for 3 years now. :|

As for the last bit, thats because its difficult to follow squash. :(

Does anyone play squash?

I need to choose between it and tennis.

squash is awesome. the most exhausting sport iv played. n iv played them all :P

also.. wodafkk.. once agn federer wins due to lack of competition. that guys like zeus. he needs some Kratos lovin. wt th fk really happened to murray.. he was playing so well agnst nadal.

Edited by achilles

the kratos with hair has dodgy knees :P

damn.. all this time when nadal was pwning fedrer in last 2-3 years my pissed off fedrer fan friends used to say he wins all due to physicality and will decline when his body shows signs of wear. looks like those bitches were right :doh:

hope nadal pulls through to reign again

Edited by Nemo

Murray wasn't the same today as we was against Nadal. Of course he's playing the best in the game, but I feel he was unaggressive. You can see that he had only 29 winners against Federer's 46. He didn't mix his game alot and rarely went to the net. He has the skill but has to get out of his comfort zone and stop relying on the opponent to make errors.

Plus the pressure from Britain probably got to him as the first thing he said was sorry to britain. I wouldn't rule him out yet, he's just 22 and only a couple of years into the professional tour. Hoping to see him back in the other slams this year.

damn.. all this time when nadal was pwning fedrer in last 2-3 years my pissed off fedrer fan friends used to say he wins all due to physicality and will decline when his body shows signs of wear. looks like those bitches were right :cry:
:devil: what ? nadal dominated only for one single year. not more not less. Federer was dominating for 4 years before that and he's dominating again now.

Murray wasn't the same today as we was against Nadal. Of course he's playing the best in the game, but I feel he was unaggressive. You can see that he had only 29 winners against Federer's 46. He didn't mix his game alot and rarely went to the net. He has the skill but has to get out of his comfort zone and stop relying on the opponent to make errors.

Plus the pressure from Britain probably got to him as the first thing he said was sorry to britain. I wouldn't rule him out yet, he's just 22 and only a couple of years into the professional tour. Hoping to see him back in the other slams this year.

yeah.... murray was looking so off last night. No screaming an none of his amazing shots. And, federer played his best shots a lot of times and murray couldn't handle it. Looks like he still has time before he wins a grand slam.

Federer's a genius :thumbsup: