The Book Thread

Amay

brought Lost Symbol and Agassi's bio off airport couple of days ago. Lost Symbol is ho hum, Brown has a set pattern which past 2 books is tedious, i am reading it more for the conspiracy theories rather than the polt. Aggasi's bio is freaking epic. Must read.

Edited by Nemo

Hmm .. I think I read book 4 way back in 2006? All I remmber is a bunch of horny incestous siblings bumping off royalty ....

there's much more than that to remember

BTW, any idea when book 13 of WOT is releasing?

aMoL is due next year (March-April). wotmania/tor is your best source :)

nothing can beat the proud moment that you get to experience once you take a look at your book collection. I usually own the books that I read.. so that gets us to my question...

I like reading Fiction a lot. Have read all the books by Jeffery Archer, Eric Segal, Mario Puzo. And a lot of Sidney Sheldon, Robert Ludum books. However I find Sidney Sheldon shitty as it is like a readable blue film and all stories have a predictable or not so great ending. And have been on a look out for really great Fiction novels on the lines of Popular Jeffery Archer & Eric Segal (The Class) novels. Any suggestions??

nothing can beat the proud moment that you get to experience once you take a look at your book collection. I usually own the books that I read.. so that gets us to my question...

I like reading Fiction a lot. Have read all the books by Jeffery Archer, Eric Segal, Mario Puzo. And a lot of Sidney Sheldon, Robert Ludum books. However I find Sidney Sheldon shitty as it is like a readable blue film and all stories have a predictable or not so great ending. And have been on a look out for really great Fiction novels on the lines of Popular Jeffery Archer & Eric Segal (The Class) novels. Any suggestions??

John Grisham (the old books, I haven't read any of the recent ones) , Arthur Hailey and Fredrick Forsyth are my favs. You can also try David Baladacci, although I've read only one of his books - Total Control.

John Grisham (the old books, I haven't read any of the recent ones) , Arthur Hailey and Fredrick Forsyth are my favs. You can also try David Baladacci, although I've read only one of his books - Total Control.

:scratchchin: I knew that one day ill have to start reading John Grisham books. Have heared that they are full of legal matter and only a lawyer can enjoy them fully. So is it true??. As for Fredrick Forsyth I tired reading one of his books and couldnt manage to reach even the 10th page. It was full of kremlin and stuff dont remember the name. Have read The Detective by Arthur Hailey and really liked it. It was blasting once the confession part begins.. And I have heared David Baladacci' name for the first time.. How was Total control??

Edited by BHPian Bali

+1 for Frederick Forsyth and David Baldacci (I loved his book Absolute Power)

You can also try Ken Follett.

/Bul .. Seriously meh ?? I thought it was pretty cool.. Wait till you get till book 3 though.. Will blow your head off..

Book 4 is really really dull...

Around 15% done with dance with the dragons and its really really good.. All the kickass characters are back.

@ DS -- If you like David Baldacci, you cant go wrong with MAtthew Reily too.. Non stop action.. Book equivalent of uncharted.. lol