Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Leaving for Man of Steel 4:45pm show :)

Yahan attendance nahin le rahe hum, kthxbye!!!!!!

:P

There are reports of the shows getting cancelled. but i went for first show in IMAX and it was fine

Man Of Steel Impressions .. In one sentence - This is a complete Zack Snyder movie. If you liked his previous stuff, you will love this. If you don't, well.. then its just average.

Pros:

+ Action and graphics are fantastic. Seriously well done. It really shows the strength of the Kryptonians. Kudos to Zack and his team.

+ Krypton is beautiful - The art direction in particular. It makes you wish the whole movie was on Krypton only.

+Themes chosen - Explores the influence of Clarks two fathers and the worlds reaction to him. (though I think the second one can be explored much better in 2nd movie. It tries to do too much)

Cons:

- Music is overused. - You know that epic OST from the trailers? Imagine hearing it every 2 minutes again and again and again. It loses its effect completely. That kind of music is supposed to signify a really great moment. It's kind of music that's supposed to be used sparingly only for climax.. but it not.

- Acting is nothing great - No good acting to speak off. Only Russell Crowe a little above average. Michael Shannon is angry ALL the time. He's like the Hulk. RAWR GIVE ZOD CODEX.

- Bad structure - This is the worst point. The movie zips around to important moments in Clark's life. It feels like a video game. It's like Snyder is too scared that a pleasant slow scene will be boring . As soon as you're comfortable with a scene it zips forward or past in time. They try to cover all important character building moments in the first half to leave the second half free for lots of action and it takes its toll. Some people will like this - I don't.

edit: there are also logic holes in the movie.. like some characters do some really stupid things.. I didn't really care though

To sum up, the trailers evoked more emotion in me than the movie. Hell I almost cried at that first trailer. Movie doesn't reflect that at all. People who want an action extravaganza will like it.

Edited by Dylanjosh

By the way, keep close watch during the Zod and Superman fight towards the end.

There is an easter egg.. Click spoiler if you want to know.

When they're fighting each other and they go into space to fight, they crash into a satellite. That satellite has W logo on it.. confirmed by Snyder to be Wayne Enterprises.

GUYS THERE IS NOTHING AFTER CREDITS. DONT WAIT.

• Like 1

Yeah noticed the satellite, did any 1 else notice the tanker in the final battle.

Also, it is not a rumor, my friend said that shows were cancelled for normal screens for 1st show, but Imax versions were running fine.

Well I got 2 seats, drinks, and food for free. So I loved the movie :D

Yahan attendance nahin le rahe hum, kthxbye!!!!!!

:P

hehe :P

Movie to OK tha...i will better watch Iron Man 3 once more...Only the Villain chick Faora was :wub::blush:

Saw Man of Steel. 10/10. Way better than POS Iron Man 3 or even Avengers. The action which is shown is better than in any superhero movie so far. Krypton is also superb.

Also, Henry Cavill is such a badass. Girls were like OMG he is so hot. He seems born to play Superman. Also Lois Lane played by Amy Adams :wub:

The crowd cheered and clapped at the end. 3rd time that has happened to any movie I have seen in theaters. Avengers, TDKR and now this.

Superman has arrived :majesty:

Nitro, any end credits scene?

Nope they don't want to pull a Marvel as it seems :(, on the + side i got to chill in AC on a soft comfy seat for 10 more minutes, so no harm done & my friend was ok to sit too :D

Saw Man of Steel. 10/10. Way better than POS Iron Man 3 or even Avengers. The action which is shown is better than in any superhero movie so far. Krypton is also superb.

Also, Henry Cavill is such a badass. Girls were like OMG he is so hot. He seems born to play Superman. Also Lois Lane played by Amy Adams :wub:

The crowd cheered and clapped at the end. 3rd time that has happened to any movie I have seen in theaters. Avengers, TDKR and now this.

Superman has arrived :majesty:

People here are saying otherwise.... going tomorrow morning, lets see.....

@RockLee, dude pls :|

Do you hate marvel or something, comparing this to avengers, hell MOS felt like a stiched product of multiple different scenes, the theme song used so much during each action scene felt cheap & i dare say i loved Green lantern movie more than this, MOS could have explored superman emotionally to great depth, but it was all smack this & that.

Well I compared the action part. I don't think anyone can deny that. The amount of destruction and setpieces when two individuals fight in MoS was way more than that entire Avengers end battle. And it looked fantastic.