Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Dhobi Ghat - one word - DISAPPOINTING

Looks like they wanted to mimic some Oscar bait (like Crash for example) but the movie fails at that. I'm definitely not one of the 'masses' and I still didn't like it :| It started out well enough but went downhill from there.

Looks like they wanted to mimic some Oscar bait (like Crash for example) but the movie fails at that. I'm definitely not one of the 'masses' and I still didn't like it :| It started out well enough but went downhill from there.

was expecting it to be nice :(

kiran rao :rant:

That's just f**king GREAT. NOT 1 WATCHABLE MOVIE SINCE 3 IDIOTS. Except maybe Dabanngg. f**k. And I don't really shout in the forums. It's just..I miss watching a good movie in the movie hall on a friday. :furious:

Saw this movie Allah ke banday....its about childrens being sexually abused....having no elder to support....joining gangs .....drugs,killing...money....it is a very rare film....coz hardly these days movie is based on issues like these...specially when in India ...it is happens so much but still movie is a passable flick....nothing much can be expected from it....a good subject failed attempt i would put it.

Saw this movie Allah ke banday....its about childrens being sexually abused....having no elder to support....joining gangs .....drugs,killing...money....it is a very rare film....coz hardly these days movie is based on issues like these...specially when in India ...it is happens so much but still movie is a passable flick....nothing much can be expected from it....a good subject failed attempt i would put it.

watch "salaam bombay" ..something on these lines,but much better then this movie..this was a dissapointment,especially the role that nasseer had...actually he never had any role,a actor wasted :doh:

watch "salaam bombay" ..something on these lines,but much better then this movie..this was a dissapointment,especially the role that nasseer had...actually he never had any role,a actor wasted :doh:

already seen that movie.....fantastic movie.....:majesty:....it really does a good job to bring such issues to light....this movie on other hand like u said a wasted attempt ...and nasseerudin stature actor's role was too short and not even shown in proper light...he is just there for the sake of being in that movie ...it seemed.

already seen that movie.....fantastic movie.....:majesty:....it really does a good job to bring such issues to light....this movie on other hand like u said a wasted attempt ...and nasseerudin stature actor's role was too short and not even shown in proper light...he is just there for the sake of being in that movie ...it seemed.

yes ,such a talented actor given such a stupid role...

Dhobhi Ghat- What a great biginning of year 2011! A movie made with the heart.. shot in real places out of the cliche of shady , fake studio and tourist laden Switzerland and Newzealand..

This is cinema at its purest shot in places where cameras are not allowed.

Simple story, real characters, every expressions, every dialogue is what comes from the real world.. And hero of the film is Mumbai itself.. Mumbai—God bless its all-accommodating cosmopolitanism—is not portrayed as a hostile city. The warmth and cross-cultural camaraderie comes across in the film through portrayals of individuals lost in the most crowded parts of Mumbai and yet somehow seeking and finding a sense of belonging within the feeling of acute isolation that hits you the minute your feet touch the magical mystical metropolitanism of Mumbai.

Every character in Dhobi Ghat is in constant search of a different, though not necessarily, better life. In her 95-minute narration Kiran Rao packs in an eternity of expressed and unexpressed emotions. And Amir Khan take a bow , you did it your way.. NO Interval.. no break in a movie that just flows.. Yes, you may say you feel like watching a Documentary on Nat Geo but I enjoyed that treatment since that stands out amongst the rest of the typical bollywood masala playing next door.

This is a film for few and I think they are the target Audience. I caught it on Friday evening and the theatre was only half-packed.

Pratik Babbar is quite simply the most prized discovery..His eyes and smile communicate a wealth of undefinable emotions. Amir is Amir, what can one say. Both the ladies are so effortless and portrays their character to the T.

Kiran Rao must take a bow. She had the guts to paint the complex mumbai and even complex emotions on celluloid in her debut!

I recommend: Do not go if you expect Sheela and Munni or even Dhai Kilo ka Haath!

spider-man-575-550x523.jpg

spider-man-suit-closeup__oPt.jpg

I’m really curious to see what reactions this photo will elicit. Here’s a new, pretty close-up look at the Spider-Man suit from Marc Webb‘s currently in-progress Spider-Man. Before we go any farther, note that this is most likely a suit specifically made for stunt work, and not the final, detailed ‘hero’ suit. Just compare and contrast with the first official still from Sony and you can see that there are notable differences.

That said, this is our first good look at any version of the mask, and you can also clearly see the web-shooters that caused a stir when the first photo showed up. . .

Compare this with the official still below, and even taking the darker lighting of the official still into account you can see that the colors of the suit here are brighter than the ‘hero’ suit — after post-production, the suit probably won’t look that bright. You’ve got some sort of visible soles on his feet (makes me think of the fake feet Chris Evans wore for running shots in Captain America) and a general reduction of detail compared to the final suit.

But you can also see the very classic-looking mask (don’t expect the final eyes to actually be red), and the silver disc web-shooters.

Dhobi Ghat should be good IMO. Plus i like monica dogra, the signer from shaa'ir + func whose debuting with this movie. Very good indie band. I heard a few songs. They're also going to play in India at some fest apparently.

Yeah she was good, in fact all actors did their job well. The script however is sorely lacking.

so, guys any word on The Mechanic? @tyler - you were sure about it :P

someone please tell me with a proper source that The Mechanic is releasing here this friday :( its not that this is my most anticipated movie, I haven't watched a decent flick in theaters for a month :(

It's definitely releasing here. Saw a huge-a*s poster at E-square yesterday. Not sure if it's gonna be this Friday though.