Play-Asia FAQ.

Q1 - What is Play-Asia?

Ans - Play-Asia is an online shopping website which mainly sell video games, Music, figurines, Movies and Books.

Q2 - Where is Play-Asia Located?

Ans - They are located in Hong-Kong.

Q3 - What does Play-Asia Sell?

Ans - Play-Asia.com was established in 2002 and is a leading online retailer providing video games, DVDs, music CDs, gadgets and toys.

Q4 - Is Play-Asia Safe?

Ans - Play-Asia is probably one of the most reliable shopping websites on the Internet. Its not a scam and its completely safe to buy stuff from them.

Q5 - What are the payment methods that are accepted by Play-Asia?

Ans- Check out THIS link.

Q6 - I want to know what those small "availablity icons" stand for. Whats what?

Ans - Its pretty simple. For further reference, please check out THIS link.

Q7 - In case my shipment gets damaged in transit, do I get a warranty?

Ans - Yes, You Do! Play-Asia gives a warranty of 6 months on any item you purchase from them. Check THIS link out for further details.

Q8 - How long does it usually take for the average shipment to arrive?

Ans - It may vary. The shipping of Play-Asia is not very reliable in India. There have been a lot of cases of shipments getting stuck in the customs. So, the time always varies. At times, members have got their shipments in around 5 days while some had to wait for over a month.

Q9 - I haven't received my shipment for a long time. What Do I Do?

Ans - Contact Play-Asia's customer support. They have a very good service and should reply to your problem within 24 hours.

Q10 - I want to know more about the Pricing of Play-Asia. Where do I go?

Ans - Just head right HERE.

Q11 - Does Play-Asia Charge for Shipping?

Ans - Play-Asia doesn't charge for shipping for a certain weight to India. There are other shipping options which are available like FEDEX and UPS. Orders using these options are very reliable. They reach you within no time at all but you end up paying a lot of custom duty.

Q12 - Will I be charged any custom duty once I recieve my order?

Ans - Its uncertain. At times, you do and at times, you dont. Although the probability of paying custom duty is higher than paying no duty at all.

Q13 - What are the Shipping Options that Play-Asia provides?

Ans - The shipping options ranges from Free shipping (till a certain weight) to expensive ones such as FEDEX, UPS etc. The free shipping is not all that reliable. It also takes 15-20 days for your shipment to arrive. There is no tracking facility for free shipment options either. On the other hand, express shipping options such as Fedex are very costly. If you choose this shipment option, you'll receive your order with 4-5 days but you'll end up paying a lot of custom duty.

Q14 - Can I pick-up the order myself from their warehouse?

Ans - No, You cant.

Q15 - Can I track my order online?

Ans - The Free Shipping option does not let you track your shipments online while the express shipping options like UPS and Fedex have a tracking facility for your order(s).

Q16 - Can I sell my own products on Play-Asia?

Ans - Yes, You Can. Check out THIS link for more details.

Q17 - I have my own website, Can I be add Play-Asia as an Affliate?

Ans - Yes, You Can. You don't even need to have a website. Check THIS link for more details.

Q18 - My order was lost in transit, Can I get a refund?

Ans - Nope, You Cant. Instead of a refund, Play-Asia gives you a store discount coupon which has exactly the same amount of the order you had placed which got lost during transit.

Q19 - If Play-Asia dont refund, how do they compensate?

Ans - Please refer to question number 18.

Q20 - Does Play-Asia ship only to Asian Countries?

Ans - Nope, They ship all over the world. Please check THIS link for more details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© gaming|indians

Umang, great idea!!

About the shipping question, although you have mentioned that it has taken as less as 5 days for some orders to reach, it still is not a very concrete answer. I realise that a concrete ans to this is not possible, but if we can add some facts here which can help to derive some conclusion?

1. Like a poll in this thread there members can vote the average time it took for their package to arrive; Or

2. A sub-thread where every member can come and contribute the following details -

value of order

shipment chosen

order received in how many days

customs charged

city where delivered.

This will def provide enough support/answer to people who are going to try PA for the first time.

Umang, great idea!!

About the shipping question, although you have mentioned that it has taken as less as 5 days for some orders to reach, it still is not a very concrete answer. I realise that a concrete ans to this is not possible, but if we can add some facts here which can help to derive some conclusion?

1. Like a poll in this thread there members can vote the average time it took for their package to arrive; Or

2. A sub-thread where every member can come and contribute the following details -

value of order

shipment chosen

order received in how many days

customs charged

city where delivered.

This will def provide enough support/answer to people who are going to try PA for the first time.

I think its better to open the poll in the PA order delayed thread...lets keep this thread for questions regarding Play-asia only :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Can you please let me know what is the amount of customs duty (if its levied) I would have to pay if I order say a PS3 game of 2000 bucks.

If you choose free shipping (economy bubble, preferably) - almost negligible chance of a duty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a first time buyer at play asia and have ordered a chill stream ps3 controller. I accidentally canceled my order when it was in the order received stage but then re confirmed it. It now shows Payment confirmed waiting for credit....What does this mean ? I have already done the payment by credit card. Please help.. TIA

They probably havent charged your card yet and thats the reason why you see the payment pending thing. Cancel the current order and check with your bank if they've charged you or something, if they havent, place a new one.

Archived