Devil May Cry 4

KnackChap

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dude, Dante was in 40% of the game. Something I wouldn't call a "cameo".

Also, I don't consider Dante's levels as backtracking. Sure the areas were same but the enemies and challenges were different. Besides, he plays very differently compared to Nero. Not having the Devil Bringer means you needed different strategies for the bosses.

^^^

SPOILERS AHOY

but you always felt (rightly so) that its nero's story and dante is just there for lulz. Combat was great as ever, yes but i wanted moar dante and virgil, wanted to know wtf happened to nelo angelo or hell even that bike ride to hell in the end of dmc 2 instead we got a new set of cast. Even trish had little time to strut her stuff.. same with lady.

Problem for me was that the game brought little if anything forward from dmc3 and 1. yes there was yamato and hints about virgil but unless capcom tie this game as a filler to something of a epic story (nero's hand = virgil) or tell us why the hell nero looks like dante 0.o or something more enlightening about sparda tied with the worshipping clan in dmc 4 (sparda impregnates nero's mom) dmc 4 to me would mean a missed opportunity to bring the franchise forward.

I know story is not the big point os such games but 4th game into the series, onse can expect some build up. that is all

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Necro bump , Been playing this again for sometime . Its just surprising how well the combat system still holds up. I miss this series , Bayo and MGRising just aint cutting it anymore. Capcom bring out that DMC5 :cry:

Dante is just too awesome.

Why you bump this and refresh my wounds :(

BEST HACKnSLASH GAME OF THIS GEN! PERIOD. Forget about Dante's section DmC is not even close to Nero's section of the game. Dante's section was just too awesome to even mention it with DmC. Have finished this game 6-7 times on all difficulty apart from easy. Also, this is the real 60fps with fluidity.

• 11 months later...

Holy sh*t. How do you even do that? Don't your fingers hurt?

reminds of this incident with MGS 2 sons of liberty...i had finish the game in normal and was playing in hard mode... i manage to complete the game till the scene where you have to keep pressing Triangle for breathing in the last scene before the final fight iirc. I did try quite a lot too could not do it...

So in my old house there was this domestic helper of ours...he use to play games with me sometimes...so when it came to this breathing part...i explained him "khali yeh press karte jana...kuch bhi ho chorna nahi"...and two three times he failed...i told him faster ...more faster every time ....he really came close...like it was also there just a second more and it would have been over but he gave up and for next few days his hand hurt like anything...still feel bad about it.

Some games you really dont want to push ...it can be quite harmful...the MGS breathing part specially in hard mode is crazy ...Kojima must be psycho to make it that hard.

Never again did i have guts to try that ...

Archived